Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF14, New Info on Races and classes (Classes and races revealed )

SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Info from:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/index.php?/topic/92-ffxiv-classes-revealed/

Overview:

Humans are now called Hyuran, and have undergone basically no change. Tarutaru are now Lalafell, and have grown a lot taller in this game. Galka are now called Roegadyn, losing their tail and gaining size in comparison to XI. Whether or not there are any new races is still unknown.

Races:

Hume: Hyuran (NA) ????? Hyu-ran (JP) (pronounced "Hyoo rawn")

Taru: Lalafell

Galka: Roegadyn (NA) ????? Rugadein (JP) (pronounced "Roo ga deen")

Elvaan: Elzen

Mithra: Miqo'te

Job System:

There are four categories for now (meaning more will be added): Warriors, Magus, Crafters and Hunters/Fielders. In each category, there are different jobs:

Warrior: Swordsman, Archer

Magus: Enchanter, Sorcerer

Crafter: Smith, Cook

Gatherer: Gardener, Fisher

Translation for this picture: "When you make your character, aside from choosing the race, you will also be able to customize their appearance. Head, skin color, hair type, etc, there will be multiple factors. Just how exact we will be able to customize their appearance is still unknown, but we mean it in a good way when we say that it seems like it will become a worry to many players".

Path of the Crafter

By using crafting tools you will automatically start your path of the Crafter. Seems like crafting will play a major role in FFXIV. Classes included in this path are Chef and Blacksmith, among many others (most likely).

Lalafell

No information is known yet.

Path of the Sorcerer

This path, the path of the Sorcerer is for those who want to have magical weapons with enormous powers. The classes are a bit unsure as of yet, so we'll wait with speculating.

Roegadyn

The Roegadyn race live near the Northern Sea. Some of them work as bodyguards and mercenaries, while others live an interesting life as pirates. They're also quite muscular.

Path of the Gatherer

Just like the path of the crafter, the gatherer path is begun by using harvesting tools. The image you see below is a man equipping a hatchet. Among the classes you can be, there will be Fisherman and Gardener.

Hyuran

The Hyuran race will be the standard race of Eorzea. Kind of like in Vana'diel. Furthermore by translating the article says that they've migrated to Eorzea from islands and continents nearby. Also, they brought with them technology and innivation that has raised the civilization of Eorzea to new heights; which you can see from the FFXIV trailer. As for the language and culture among the Hyuran race, there's a lot of variation. Highlanders and Midlanders are the main "classifications". Basically, who migrated into the mountains and the hills.

Path of the Figther

The information about "the path of the fighter" says that it is for those who wish to wield great weapons of battle. Two classes that are part of the "fighter path": Archer and Swordsman.

Miqo'te

The Miqo'te is a cat-like race who are fierce hunters. You can seperate them into "Moonkeepers" and "Sunseekers". Not many of them exist in Eorzea, they're quite the minority.

Elzen

Nothing is known of them yet.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

it appears that i am blind, already two topics on this

• GameslaveGameslave Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

it appears that i am blind, already two topics on this

I was about to say...

Not only that, but the title says FF11.

If there's no way to edit that, or delete the post all together, maybe you could ask an admin...

It's nice to have everything in a singular concise thread, but without active user-mods (us) that kind of thing is sort of hard to do. What we do in my Final Fantasy Fanatics MySpace group is flame-spam the hell out of repeat topics and bump the "official" title-dedicated thread. I WOULD make an "official" thread without speculation or rumor, but I fear it would only bomb...

The difference between here and there is that you can at least edit your post. Make the pictures smaller or hyper-link them so they don't do that scroll-box thing (I hate that). Then introduce things one at a time; all known races, known classes, misc. info, etc. The way it is now is kinda jumbled.

S'okay though. You're not the first to re-post. Sure you won't be the last. =p

Abraxas [365]

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

And again "mithra" race the best one for agility female only again...

And the Miqo'te race is female only again...

Thank god!

Abraxas [365]

Why thank god? I don't want to use a female character just to have best agility...

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Why thank god? I don't want to use a female character just to have best agility...

If you don't want to be a female character, then don't! You shouldn't be playing for stats in the first place, imo. It's even in the manual!

I hated the idea of all those manthra furries, but I'm sure just as many people loved it. All I can say is hold your breath for a new race, or get over the numbers.

Abraxas [365]

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Yes I was hoping they'd stay away from that Galka male only, Mithra female only thing. Always got on my nerves to be honest. But I don't recall anyone saying they are male/female only it's just pictures so far, right?

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

Originally posted by Gameslave

If you don't want to be a female character, then don't! You shouldn't be playing for stats in the first place, imo. It's even in the manual!

I hated the idea of all those manthra furries, but I'm sure just as many people loved it. All I can say is hold your breath for a new race, or get over the numbers.

Did you even play the game? depends on the race you had you would have starting stats, mithra was the best for thief or ninja user like myself. Yeah you can be human, galka or even tarutaru but still mithra give a bonus in agility while human are balanced in everything and taru good in inteligence(if i'm not wrong since i hate cute races)

So why shouldn't I be able to get the most suited race for my play style without it being only female? One of my favourite hero's in final fantasy series is zidane of ff9 which looks a lot like the mithras

• veritas_Xveritas_X Member Posts: 393

So is anyone else confused about the 'no levels / no experience' marketing hype juxtaposed with the reveal of a class-based system?

I'd like some more info.

Did you even play the game? depends on the race you had you would have starting stats, mithra was the best for thief or ninja user like myself. Yeah you can be human, galka or even tarutaru but still mithra give a bonus in agility while human are balanced in everything and taru good in inteligence(if i'm not wrong since i hate cute races)
    So why should I be able to get the most suited race for my play style without it being only female?

Missing the point.

Yes I played the game. In fact, I continue to play. Way to blow shit out of proportion! The Mithra & Miqo'te are felines. That is the character style. What does character style have to do with play style?

I understand that their STATS make them the most suitable for being ninjas, but if you don't want to be female then don't be female! For the love of Altana, I can't be a Taru because I can't stand being short. They have the highest INT and MP pool in the game and my playstyle is always as a mage. SO. FREAKING. WHAT.

Edit: My current character is Elvaan, and seeing the newer models I might continue to be Elzen. I'm tall and slender and like my character to look as close to myself as possible. The point I'm trying to make is that your race should be preference, not based on stats, but role-playing - rather than roll-playing. But I can't tell you how to play, so, to each their own I guess...

I play for fun. Not for numbers.

Abraxas [365]

So there are no male cats right?

and like i said in my earlier post why shouldn't I be able to use best possible race to get best play style? The game is not out yet and you still start talking on races. Yes I don't want to be female thats why i hope they do male mithra just because you don't like mithras doesn't make everyone hate them so please shut up or atleast say something that makes sense ty.

Don't know if you saw my last part but one of my favourite heros in final fantasy series is zidane of ff9 which looks a lot similar of the mithra race.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

So why shouldn't I be able to get the most suited race for my play style without it being only female? One of my favourite hero's in final fantasy series is zidane of ff9 which looks a lot like the mithras

So what? you had a whopping 2-5 points more Agi?? Really, You want to bace your charictors race choice off of this??

Honestly I hope there are NO race stats in the game. Im tired of People Maxing out Charictors then Complaining when someone wants to play a Galka Ninja.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Ekibiogami

So what? you had a whopping 2-5 points more Agi?? Really, You want to bace your charictors race choice off of this??

Honestly I hope there are NO race stats in the game. Im tired of People Maxing out Charictors then Complaining when someone wants to play a Galka Ninja.

One of my favourite hero's in final fantasy series is zidane of ff9 which looks a lot like the mithras

and by chance they are more suited for ninja or thiefs so it adds more to my interest but it's only female..

and like i said in my earlier post why shouldn't I be able to use best possible race to get best play style? The game is not out yet and you still start talking on races. Yes I don't want to be female thats why i hope they do male mithra just because you don't like mithras doesn't make everyone hate them so please shut up or atleast say something that makes sense ty.
    Don't know if you saw my last part but one of my favourite heros in final fantasy series is zidane of ff9 which looks a lot similar of the mithra race.

Ugh. Dude. Calmate, por favor!

I have a personal distaste for manthra, or more specifically, those disgusting nerdy furrie phreaks. I already recognized other people wanted them. The game is not out yet, so I'm speaking of the races that are. YES there are male cats, NO they aren't playable. I understand it gets on people's neves, but it's what makes a race a bit more unique. People would start arguing over stats if the separated male strength from female agility, too. Everyone's got something to bitch about, but stats really should NOT be one of them. If that doesn't make sense to you, you're hopeless.

Would you rather be a male cat, or a male 'something else'? I wouldn't like to be a cat. I don't care what their benefits are. I choose my race, THEN I choose my role. You're BORN black, white, yellow, you don't get to choose. But you CAN choose what you become. That's just my philosophy and I don't really care what you think about it. Square-Enix did tihs right. WoW had Horde-only Blood Elves. FFXI & FFXIV have male/female-only races. Get over it.

Abraxas [365]

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

The amount of information in this area is underwhelming at best right now. I don't see anything compelling about the race/class line-up -- yet.

In terms of races with only a single gender available, this has always annoyed me. For games based on an existing IP, I can unserstand the limitation (see Witch Elf in WAR as an example), but for a new game to build that into their world is just silly. This is even more so in a stat-based game, because the min/maxers of the world are now forced to make a racial choice based on the stat bonuses and respective optimal class selection for that race.

• BlueCadwalBlueCadwal Member Posts: 170

Wow... attitude much?  He wasn't saying he didn't like mithras, he said he disagrees with your basing stats on racial selection.  Its so trivial that it really doesn't matter in my opinion.  Yes, you get a couple extra points in AGI, but what does it matter?  The majority of players won't even care.  It's MIN-MAX players that care, and those are the most irritating players I've ever met.  They're so focused on getting everything up-to-date and having the highest possible stats at any moment in time.  I'm sorry, but most people don't find that fun.  Its costly, stressful, and quite frankly sucks the fun out of the game because then you're judging everyone else's armor and class selections thinking "Well, Galka WHM... that's a stupid combination" or "Taru MNK, don't waste my time."

Even if there are stats bonuses, players should just pick the class they want to play most.  In FFXI play Elvaan and have leveled WAR, MNK, WHM, DRG and THF just fine, and I think you can too.  So just ignore the stat bonuses and have a good time... or better yet, wait to see if there will be stat bonuses and then start to whine about how you can't MIN-MAX your character.

Let it be known that I hate WoW with a passion and will defend almost any MMORPG against it.
    Current: FFXI (PC/360)
    Want: FFXIV, Stargate Worlds, Star Trek Online
    Past: AC, AoC, AO, Atlantica Online, CoH/V, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, D&DO, EVE, Everquest I+II, FlyFF, GW (all), Lineage 2, LOTRO, Mabinogi, Maplestory, PSO (DC/Xbox/PC), PSU (PC/360), PlanetSide, RO, Shadowbane, SWG (Pre-NGE), SotNW, TR, UO, Warhammer Online, WoW, WWIIO

One of my favourite hero's in final fantasy series is zidane of ff9 which looks a lot like the mithras
    and by chance they are more suited for ninja or thiefs so it adds more to my interest but it's only female..

Uh, let me copy your extremism and ask:  Did you even PLAY FFIX?

If anything, Zidane was a MONKEY. He was the height of a Lalafell and had a monkey tail, no cat ears, no catface (although he might have had cat-like eyes, I don't remember). But monkey, not kitty-cat. (The name of his 'race' escapes me, but he was the same as Kuja.)

Edit: incedentally, Kuja was MY favorite character to come from Final Fantasy IX, except he wasn't playable, so second only to Vivi Orunitia.

Abraxas [365]

Their ears were hidden behind their hair so you can't say what race they are and yes i played it the male mithra has a hairy tail unlike the females if you saw it ingame you would have seen it.

What attitude? I was just stating that mithras are only female and Gameslave started it It's your opinion and I have nothing against it but because you don't like the cat race doesn't mean everyone does.

I like how mithras look the only1y thing I dislike is they are FEMALE only so I have some right to say something no? it's my opinion why can't I express how I feel about female only race?

Sorry if I offended you although I don't think I insulted you but anyways sorry.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by veritas_X

So is anyone else confused about the 'no levels / no experience' marketing hype juxtaposed with the reveal of a class-based system?
    I'd like some more info.

could be something like FFX

Or will be less focused on lvling but more on the gameplay.

Their ears were hidden behind their hair so you can't say what race they are and yes i played it the male mithra has a hairy tail unlike the females if you saw it ingame you would have seen it.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion, but the FACT is that mithran ears are too big to be hidden behind hair, thus, Zidane Tribal was monkey, not mithra. Don't get me wrong, I'd be all FOR adding a monkey-race to Final Fantasy XIV. But leave the Mithra / Miqo'te alone.

Abraxas [365]

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Big deal. If it's part of the lore you really can't complain. It's not like they forgot to add them or something to that extent. If that's how the story works, that's how it is. I don't mind it one bit. 

Plus, FFXI was never that stat based.. it was but not to the degree of most other MMOs... and I don't think XIV will be either. Personally I would never pick my class before my race. Class can change (in this game), race stays with you. So picking a race just based on it's stats seems.. backwards to me.  No matter what race you pick you will have several good choices I'm sure.

Nah stat was just another benefit I just liked how mithra's look but since only female I didn't took that as my character and took human.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Source: Final Fantasy 14-Online

Races:

Hyuran (NA) ????? Hyu-ran (JP) (pronounced "Hyoo rawn") / Similar to FFXI's Hume race.

Most prolific race in Eorzea. They migrated from nearest islands and continents, taken with them their technology. The Hyurans are split up into two big groups according to their geographic localisation: inhabitants from low-lands and high-lands. Their cultures and languages are numerous.

Lalafell / Similar to FFXI's Tarutaru race.

This race of farmers is above all settled near the southern sea. The Lalafells may appear to be small but their intelligence is superior to the other races. It seems there aren't many women.

Roegadyn (NA) ????? Rugadein (JP) (pronounced "Roo ga deen") / Similar to FFXI's Galka race.

Most live in the northern sea on fishing. Some of them are hired as mercenaries or bodyguards by other races, but the other ones prefer to go towards the sea and choose to become pirates.

Elzen / Similar to FFXI's Elvann race.

This race is native from Eorzea. They clashed with the Hyuran after the latter's massive migration. Their auditory ability is noteworthy.

Miqo'te / Similar to FFXI's Mithra race.

This minority race in Eorzea splits up into two big groups: sun seekers and moon guardians. Most of them are dreadful hunters. Men are extremely rare.

Differences between races is rather minor but differences between genders will be more important.

There are four categories of jobs, with two jobs unveiled for each:

Job System:

- Fighter: Fencer, Archer

- Sorcerer: Witch/Shaman/Warlock & Conjurer/Caller (exact translation still TBA)

- Crafter: Smith, Cook

- Gatherer: Gardener, Fisherman 

Areas:

In the region of Eorzea, there're three big towns: Uldaha in the desert, Gridania in the forest, and Rimsa-Rominsa in the seaside. There're pirates in the latter one. Developers promise to give a story to each inhabitant of these towns. Currency will once again be called "gil".

Time/Weather:

* - Day-Night cycle.

* - 1 day Eorzea = 1 hour Earth

* - Weather changes.

Armory System:

The game system is named the "Armory System", it depends on character's equipment. To change play style, you need to change equipment parts: this modification is executed in real time.

For example, if you're invited to join a team of warriors to fight the enemies, you only need to wear the corresponding equipment to be ready. Once the party disbanded, you only need to change equipment to come back as a crafter, fisherman, etc.

This freedom will make the solo play easier since a warrior who wants to be cured can change into a healer himself. Thereof the number of inventory's slots is more important than FFXI. The developers thought about an easier way to change equipment.

To get more powerful in each specifications, it is advised to balance out the equipment parts between them. In FFXIV, the equipment's level is essential, even more than the character's level itself. The developers insist once again on the huge freedom of this system wherer change can be made whenever. That's probably why the name of the jobs are more neutral than FFXI. The game's team has deliberately chosen to avoid the usual job class.

* - you can change jobs and lifestyles freely

* - by changing your weapon, you are essneitally changing jobs, and can do so anywhere

* - so if you are invited to a PT and there are a lot of fighters, you can switch to a caster, then when your adventures are over, go fishing or synth some stuff

* - weapons and def gear all have their own merit. if you want to hone a particular skill, you can coordinate your equipment in that direction

* - rather than character levels and skills, the main thing is the skill of the item you are holding

* - you can play on your own and switch between fighter and caster to heal yourself, so soloing is easy

* - changing is as simple as changing your weapon, so there's no stress

* - typical jobs of the FF series, e.g. warrior and black mage, are being avoided

* - you can basically enjoy this world in any way you want. (me: freedom seems to be the main point here)

Battle:

Fights are in real-time although the developers point out they won't be the "action" type.

In FFXIV, fights won't be only target and engage the enemy! You'll need to think to other parameters but no more details yet. (the magical barrier in the trailer?)

The items' resistance will be reduced through their use.

Guild System:

In FFXIV, guilds delivers licenses/permits to players. These illustrated (and beautiful?) cards match with the missions the character has to fulfill. The players will be able to share these permits (having the card or not) and even decide on the number of persons who can participate to the mission.

The game will be irrelevant to the level of each players but some permits can't be obtained before a definite level. These tasks would take 30min~ to be fulfilled, even if some of them will be shorter. Of course, you can carry several permits at the same time.

Those missions will have different and various goals: monster hunting, enemies' raid, skill ups... These operations are called "etherites" (?) and will allow you to be instantly teleported to the specified area.

* - these are passes of trust you obtain from guilds

* - a Leave is not a quest. it's a card.

* - you can mix your Leaves with other players' Leaves

* - at the Adventurers' Guild, you can get Guild Leaves

* - there are Leaves that you can't get when your skill is low

* - typically a Leave will take 30 mins to complete, there are some shorter too

* - you can set the number of people needed to clear the Leave by yourself (seems to be like a difficulty level)

* - if one person is carrying a Leave, other players may join whether they have the same Leave or not

* - the contents of the Leave change after a week passes

* - you can carry multiple Leaves (they are card form, like invitations)

* - Guild Leaves are designed like Tarot cards and are really beautiful

Ethelite(sp?):

* - installations that can warp you to your adventuring spot instantly

Interview:

* - in Eorzea, the cities are not all on one connecting landmass, like they were in FFXI

* - the difference between races is not as big as FFXI

* - but their is a difference between male and females, which they are keeping secret

* - character creation: face, hair colour, eye colour, skin, etc. etc.

* - battles are realtime, but not action based

* - targeting an enemy and fighting (like FFXI) is not the main system, there will be a lot that you have to think about besides the target itself.

* - because of the armory system, they are going to make it possible to carry lots of stuff

* - there will also be stuff included that makes it easy to change gear

* - they're considering whether to let you master everything or not - there may be a see-saw like approach (like FFXI)

* - the base of the character growth is the weapon. use a weapon and raise your skills.

* - they are considering the option to let you arrange your windows how you want

* - weapons will degrade with use

* - Guild Leaves include monster hunting, expulsion, skilling up, etc etc

* - when you go on a Leave run, you can use Ethelite to take you where you need to go instantly

* - there are pirates in Rimsa

* - Miqo'te are more catlike

* - some trumpeting about how it's going to be an awesome game

* - right from the start, it'll be exciting and you'll be thinking "orly!?"

* - weather changes, day/night too

* - 1 game day = 1 earth hour

* - people who can only play an hour a day will still be able to enjoy the game

* - the monetary system is Gil

* - the people living in the cities all have their own backstory

* - you'll start the game from your home city (I guess it's based on race, but doesn't say implicitly).

Article Translated by Elmer The Pointy:

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Source: Final Fantasy 14-Online

Races:

Hyuran (NA) ????? Hyu-ran (JP) (pronounced "Hyoo rawn") / Similar to FFXI's Hume race.

Most prolific race in Eorzea. They migrated from nearest islands and continents, taken with them their technology. The Hyurans are split up into two big groups according to their geographic localisation: inhabitants from low-lands and high-lands. Their cultures and languages are numerous.

Lalafell / Similar to FFXI's Tarutaru race.

This race of farmers is above all settled near the southern sea. The Lalafells may appear to be small but their intelligence is superior to the other races. It seems there aren't many women.

Roegadyn (NA) ????? Rugadein (JP) (pronounced "Roo ga deen") / Similar to FFXI's Galka race.

Most live in the northern sea on fishing. Some of them are hired as mercenaries or bodyguards by other races, but the other ones prefer to go towards the sea and choose to become pirates.

Elzen / Similar to FFXI's Elvann race.

This race is native from Eorzea. They clashed with the Hyuran after the latter's massive migration. Their auditory ability is noteworthy.

Miqo'te / Similar to FFXI's Mithra race.

This minority race in Eorzea splits up into two big groups: sun seekers and moon guardians. Most of them are dreadful hunters. Men are extremely rare.
    Differences between races is rather minor but differences between genders will be more important.

There are four categories of jobs, with two jobs unveiled for each:
    Job System:

- Fighter: Fencer, Archer

- Sorcerer: Witch/Shaman/Warlock & Conjurer/Caller (exact translation still TBA)

- Crafter: Smith, Cook

- Gatherer: Gardener, Fisherman 

Areas:

In the region of Eorzea, there're three big towns: Uldaha in the desert, Gridania in the forest, and Rimsa-Rominsa in the seaside. There're pirates in the latter one. Developers promise to give a story to each inhabitant of these towns. Currency will once again be called "gil".

Time/Weather:

* - Day-Night cycle.

* - 1 day Eorzea = 1 hour Earth

* - Weather changes.

Armory System:

The game system is named the "Armory System", it depends on character's equipment. To change play style, you need to change equipment parts: this modification is executed in real time.
    For example, if you're invited to join a team of warriors to fight the enemies, you only need to wear the corresponding equipment to be ready. Once the party disbanded, you only need to change equipment to come back as a crafter, fisherman, etc.
    This freedom will make the solo play easier since a warrior who wants to be cured can change into a healer himself. Thereof the number of inventory's slots is more important than FFXI. The developers thought about an easier way to change equipment.
    To get more powerful in each specifications, it is advised to balance out the equipment parts between them. In FFXIV, the equipment's level is essential, even more than the character's level itself. The developers insist once again on the huge freedom of this system wherer change can be made whenever. That's probably why the name of the jobs are more neutral than FFXI. The game's team has deliberately chosen to avoid the usual job class.
    * - you can change jobs and lifestyles freely

* - by changing your weapon, you are essneitally changing jobs, and can do so anywhere

* - so if you are invited to a PT and there are a lot of fighters, you can switch to a caster, then when your adventures are over, go fishing or synth some stuff

* - weapons and def gear all have their own merit. if you want to hone a particular skill, you can coordinate your equipment in that direction

* - rather than character levels and skills, the main thing is the skill of the item you are holding

* - you can play on your own and switch between fighter and caster to heal yourself, so soloing is easy

* - changing is as simple as changing your weapon, so there's no stress

* - typical jobs of the FF series, e.g. warrior and black mage, are being avoided

* - you can basically enjoy this world in any way you want. (me: freedom seems to be the main point here)

Battle:

Fights are in real-time although the developers point out they won't be the "action" type.

In FFXIV, fights won't be only target and engage the enemy! You'll need to think to other parameters but no more details yet. (the magical barrier in the trailer?)
    The items' resistance will be reduced through their use.

Guild System:

In FFXIV, guilds delivers licenses/permits to players. These illustrated (and beautiful?) cards match with the missions the character has to fulfill. The players will be able to share these permits (having the card or not) and even decide on the number of persons who can participate to the mission.
    The game will be irrelevant to the level of each players but some permits can't be obtained before a definite level. These tasks would take 30min~ to be fulfilled, even if some of them will be shorter. Of course, you can carry several permits at the same time.
    Those missions will have different and various goals: monster hunting, enemies' raid, skill ups... These operations are called "etherites" (?) and will allow you to be instantly teleported to the specified area.
    * - these are passes of trust you obtain from guilds

* - a Leave is not a quest. it's a card.

* - you can mix your Leaves with other players' Leaves

* - at the Adventurers' Guild, you can get Guild Leaves

* - there are Leaves that you can't get when your skill is low

* - typically a Leave will take 30 mins to complete, there are some shorter too

* - you can set the number of people needed to clear the Leave by yourself (seems to be like a difficulty level)

* - if one person is carrying a Leave, other players may join whether they have the same Leave or not

* - the contents of the Leave change after a week passes

* - you can carry multiple Leaves (they are card form, like invitations)

* - Guild Leaves are designed like Tarot cards and are really beautiful

Ethelite(sp?):

* - installations that can warp you to your adventuring spot instantly

Interview:

* - in Eorzea, the cities are not all on one connecting landmass, like they were in FFXI

* - the difference between races is not as big as FFXI

* - but their is a difference between male and females, which they are keeping secret

* - character creation: face, hair colour, eye colour, skin, etc. etc.

* - battles are realtime, but not action based

* - targeting an enemy and fighting (like FFXI) is not the main system, there will be a lot that you have to think about besides the target itself.

* - because of the armory system, they are going to make it possible to carry lots of stuff

* - there will also be stuff included that makes it easy to change gear

* - they're considering whether to let you master everything or not - there may be a see-saw like approach (like FFXI)

* - the base of the character growth is the weapon. use a weapon and raise your skills.

* - they are considering the option to let you arrange your windows how you want

* - weapons will degrade with use

* - Guild Leaves include monster hunting, expulsion, skilling up, etc etc

* - when you go on a Leave run, you can use Ethelite to take you where you need to go instantly

* - there are pirates in Rimsa

* - Miqo'te are more catlike

* - some trumpeting about how it's going to be an awesome game

* - right from the start, it'll be exciting and you'll be thinking "orly!?"

* - weather changes, day/night too

* - 1 game day = 1 earth hour

* - people who can only play an hour a day will still be able to enjoy the game

* - the monetary system is Gil

* - the people living in the cities all have their own backstory

* - you'll start the game from your home city (I guess it's based on race, but doesn't say implicitly).

Article Translated by Elmer The Pointy:

I'm still holding out, but it sounds like "WoW" easy here we come.

So you won't really have to travel anywhere, and you'll be able to play any class on the fly.....and questing you can team up on...

I really hope this isn't another "end game" game.....Please don't fail SE ;;

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos