Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those not in beta looking forward to FE, fear not you will enjoy!

emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

Dont listen to all the moans and groans about FE, there are a number of naysayers falling into 3 categorys

1, Bandwagon boy! Loves to join the flame, not based on experience or anything other than joining in on the critique!

2, Clueless boy! Never did much in beta, tried, failed and didnt get past lvl 20 so missed an awful lot of content and opportunity to sample the experience to fully cast judgement.

3, wow boy! Simply doesnt understand the game mechanics, the crafting, the faction organisation, the skill system etc etc He doesnt get it, so he hates it, oh yeah baby! wow anyone?

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT YET EXPERIENCED FE, STANDBY, OPEN BETA IS SOON, YOU WILL GET THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE THE GAME FOR YOURSELVES. IF YOUR AN OLDER GAMER OR A MORE MATURE MMO VET, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

Comments

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by emota

Dont listen to all the moans and groans about FE, there are a number of naysayers falling into 3 categorys
    1, Bandwagon boy! Loves to join the flame, not based on experience or anything other than joining in on the critique!
    2, Clueless boy! Never did much in beta, tried, failed and didnt get past lvl 20 so missed an awful lot of content and opportunity to sample the experience to fully cast judgement.
    3, wow boy! Simply doesnt understand the game mechanics, the crafting, the faction organisation, the skill system etc etc He doesnt get it, so he hates it, oh yeah baby! wow anyone? 
    FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT YET EXPERIENCED FE, STANDBY, OPEN BETA IS SOON, YOU WILL GET THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE THE GAME FOR YOURSELVES. IF YOUR AN OLDER GAMER OR A MORE MATURE MMO VET, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

You know, I'm getting really tired of these games that don't start until you get past level 20.

What ever happened to the idea of grabbing hold of a player right out of the starting gate and giving them the ride of their life?

Why does gind away doing mundane, boring things for the first 20 levels have to be the norm?

• DavitDavit Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by olddaddy

Why does gind away doing mundane, boring things for the first 20 levels have to be the norm?

we call that tutorial

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

A game that gets fun at lvl 20 is a game that looses the majority of it's sub base at lvl 19.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

Yeh remember EQ2 when you had to wait till 20 before you got to play your class. Everyone quit before hand because it was like JUST LET ME PLAY MY CLASS FROM THE START!

• ClaesClaes Member CommonPosts: 265
    Originally posted by Davit

we call that tutorial

We call it a slow start.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

A game that gets fun at lvl 20 is a game that looses the majority of it's sub base at lvl 19.

Bingo. I like rolling alts, and the longer it takes to get into the good stuff, the more odious it is do level alts.Warhammer has done a lot of lousy things, but it does let you participate in both instanced and open PvP right from character creation.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Davit

we call that tutorial

I call it an attempt to milk subs prior to the player discovering end game isn't worth playing.

I'm getting the suspicion that MMOs are following a business plan of making a profit on release+one resub. It would explain a lot about garbage end game content.

And who, exactly, is "we"? Got a mouse in your pocket, or are you involved in producing/marketing the game?

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• AmblinAmblin Member Posts: 52

Sorry folks,

This game is tired and boring. (i've been in the beta, fuck the nda, I won't talk about specifics).

Wow it's post Apocolyptic!

So what, under the hood it's still the same tired format in new clothes.

If you're bored of the likes of WoW, War, Aion etcetcetc. then save your money and wait for a sandbox mmo.

Eve, for all it's issues is looking like the only real sandbox mmo out there worth looking at.

• DubelDubel Member Posts: 138

Im no longer in beta but I can tell you, I tested it for a whole 4 hours before I wanted to /wrists and /facedesk.  I then just deleted it.  Save your money on this one.   I was really lookin forward to this but it just blows harder than anything currently out there.

• diaboyosdiaboyos Member Posts: 209

Posts #9 and #10 are correct.  The game offers nothing new.  Go here, kill 10 of X, return.  Utterly boring.  Uninstalled the first day.  I hate it too because I was looking forward to it.

====================
    Remember man that passes by,
    as you are now so once was I.
    And as I am so must you be,
    prepare yourself to follow me.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931
    Originally posted by diaboyos

Posts #9 and #10 are correct.  The game offers nothing new.  Go here, kill 10 of X, return.  Utterly boring.  Uninstalled the first day.  I hate it too because I was looking forward to it.

Ok what MMO are you playing NOW or coming up that does NOT offer the SAME? LOL yep they ALL do the same.

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by Dubel

I tested it for a whole 4 hours before I wanted to /wrists and /facedesk.

That was pretty funny.

/facedesk, awesome.

• SandbloxSandblox Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by emota

What a load of bull! I am almost 30 and have been playing MMOs since EQ1 came out. Your 3 categories for people who do not like this game is the most idiotic thing I have ever seen.

I have played FE Beta on and off since the end of alpha phase and had been following the game a long time prior to even that and had been very excited for this title.

I can not go into detail as you well know because of NDA but believe me I have plenty to say, though with an open beta many will see it first hand for themselves. The biggest problem with the open beta is that most people will not get high up enough to see how flawed the AP system is.

As for your WoW comment, honestly there is more similar to WoW in FE then there is different and WoW still did it all better. (I do not play WoW and have not for nearly a year, so before you latch onto that as some unfounded basis to flame and make a weak counter argument, keep that in mind and further I have played or beta most upcoming MMOs for years now in hopes of finding another quality game. Not my fault or Blizzards that these games keep failing).

Anyways, open beta soon, NDA drop soon.

(The biggest problem for FE is that it is a game that is no where near ready for a launch and is launching against two big MMO titles, Aion and Champions, both of which I have played and both of which are far more enjoyable so far then my time spent with FE. Fallen Earth would have to be an outstanding game to compete given it has no hype and would be considered niche, to be less then outstanding is suicide).

• diaboyosdiaboyos Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Zeblade

Originally posted by diaboyos

Ok what MMO are you playing NOW or coming up that does NOT offer the SAME? LOL yep they ALL do the same.

I'm not playing any MMO's right now because I can't find one that I like.  I can't speak for ALL MMO's like you because I haven't played ALL MMO's.  But while they all may have some resemblances to the typical grind of an MMO, some offer more ingenuity than others while doing so.  FE is simply not one of these.

====================
    Remember man that passes by,
    as you are now so once was I.
    And as I am so must you be,
    prepare yourself to follow me.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

what the Hell is this shit?? Sounds like the zealots have decided to start their own marketing department.

In order to avoid geting myself in trouble, I'll just say this: Get in on the open beta, if you're at all interested in this game. Try before you buy is a great policy.

The industry has burned us too many times lately for us to go runing in and buying without a trial. I'm sick of giving my money to suits who can't be fucked to finish a game before it's released, and having the damn game limp along for a couple years with hardly any players before the plug is finally pulled.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

Nothing new? I will admit, it doesn't offer that much difference besides the setting from your average, but one thing it trumps most on is crafting and how in-depth it is. Also, who doesn't want to ride in a Dune Buggy?

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

boy its a good thing i like this game otherwise i might actualy give a shit what some of you are saying. Play responsibly.

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448

this game is just bad

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

Dont waste money on this game.

Im not saying i am in the beta or was in the beta........

I guess i just have this feeling.....That.....it totaly sucks ... hmmm

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by aleos

boy its a good thing i like this game otherwise i might actualy give a shit what some of you are saying. Play responsibly.

I hear ya. I got a sense that FE is going to go the route of EvE, which is a profitable route. It isn't for everyone, just like every other MMO out there. But having like games like UO and AC and SWG's (Pre nge) crafting, I'm glad I'm not letting the negative rants talk me out of it.

Try it (in open beta) and if you don't like it, don't buy it. *shrug*

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• gorticgortic Member UncommonPosts: 115

I hate people that troll, or beta for an hour and say they do not like a game. FE is going to rock, one server, no instanced zones

, realistic crafting, FPS or 3rd person, setting of apoc. I dont care if it ends up a niche game, as long as I like it and there are

people to pvp/pve with its all good. Im not saying im in beta, but this game reminds me of UO/SWG. Yes I know the graphics are

not top notch/ or polished 100% but as long as the gameplay is good, thats fine for me.

• mcr525mcr525 Member Posts: 117

I have been desperately trying to like the game, I really have but I am failing. I have been looking forward to FE for such a long time now and feel utterly let down by it.

The initial tutorial had promise and I felt at the time that the game was going to be great because of it. But however, that is where the fun ends. IMO it is dull and lacks any form of immersion.

I too am sick to death of people saying it doesnt pick up until after a certain level. Where is the fun in that? It is a stupid idea if customer retention is important. If the FE devs wish for me to take out a sub for their game they need to frab my attention from he get go.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

Straw man and ad hominem attacks in an OP...that's pure genius.

I agree that when the game goes open beta, people should play it. As an addendum though..leave the beginning area. Go see what the game actual has to offer.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is found lacking.

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

I have to agree with those saying, "just try the beta". I sure will, nothing to lose but the download time.

It will either be worth playing or it won't; in the meantime spouting generalities and broad accusations pro or con is pretty meaningless since no one is really breaking the NDA and providing any details.

The game looks to have some interesting ideas with some badly dated graphics...it will either deliver on the ideas or not, we'll see. In the meantime it looks to be mostly playable, stable and largely on time...which is more than a whole lot of recent titles could claim.

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by ericbelser

I have to agree with those saying, "just try the beta". I sure will, nothing to lose but the download time.
    It will either be worth playing or it won't; in the meantime spouting generalities and broad accusations pro or con is pretty meaningless since no one is really breaking the NDA and providing any details.
    The game looks to have some interesting ideas with some badly dated graphics...it will either deliver on the ideas or not, we'll see. In the meantime it looks to be mostly playable, stable and largely on time...which is more than a whole lot of recent titles could claim.

i found the game unplayable