Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harry potter movie? Bad ending?

What do you guys think about Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince? Good movie, bad ending?

I personally thought that the ending could of been better, but I keep hearing that if I would of read the books it would of been better.

I just know when I watched it, when it finished half of the theatre said "thats it?". I was also hoping for an intense battle scene with voldemort, but I guess if I read the books I would of knew that.

FunIsRPG

Comments

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

They cut a bit out, but all in all it was really good.

The movie was long enough as is. Can't really see it going on 4 hours it would of taken.

As for some Voldy showdown. Not in the halfblood prince.

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

The book ends with Dumbledore's funeral, which they cut from the movie.  They should have kept it in.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by clwoods

The book ends with Dumbledore's funeral, which they cut from the movie.  They should have kept it in.

Oh now you've spoilt it for everyone. Now everyone knows Dumbledore dies in The Half Blood Prince.

:D

Yeah can't imagine why the cut it out, aside from the whole "Spiderman" type ending. Friends standing off looking into the sunrise from a high vantage point. Come to think of it, thats probably why.

Hell there was enough crying in the theaters as is. My lady who had read the books as well....her sister, and little neice cried their eyes out. 

Meanwhile I the cold hearted bastard that I am was laughing. Not so much at them but...yeah at them.

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162
    Originally posted by clwoods

I read somewhere that Dubledore's funeral and the rest of the end of HBP will be the opening point of the first Deathly Hallows movie. From a motion picture point of view this makes more sense to put the last chapter of HBP book at the beginning of the first DH movie since it is a low point and they can build the story on up from there.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

It's only bad if he flunks his last year at Hogwarts, and has to repeat it again.

Which means another sequel.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

I thought it was good. Now the people who didn't read the books know how the ones who did felt. It was a big wtf moment when it ended like that. I mean maybe only SG-1 had a bigger cliffhanger when Jack o'niel got frozen after using the ancient chair thingy.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

I know an awesome way to round off the series when they make the last movie, it can be kind of like LotR. Everyone will be gathered around Harry, then one of them says 'oh by the way Dumbledore was gay', and then everyone lols manically and hugs eachother.

O_o o_O

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by Arndur

I thought it was good. Now the people who didn't read the books know how the ones who did felt. It was a big wtf moment when it ended like that. I mean maybe only SG-1 had a bigger cliffhanger when Jack o'niel got frozen after using the ancient chair thingy.

O'neil getting frozen instead of killed was a cheat. they basically killed him but left it wide open for the day when he can come back.

So it wasant really much of a cliffhanger to me as it was obviouse how things could progress later on in Stargate.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

I personally think all the HP films are a load of shite compared to the books. However the last 2 books are more dark and serious. So I watched this film and I thought it was ok. But the character to actor age difference is ridiculous now, especially with Ron and Malfoy.

Oh and the really cool bit in the book was when Harry is chasing Snape and tries using spells against him put fails. And then Harry calls Snape a coward. This sentence is exactly from the book.

'Kill me then,' panted Harry, who felt no fear at all, but only rage and contempt. 'Kill me like you killed them, you coward'-      'DONT -' screamed Snape and his face was sudenly demented, inhuman, as though he was in as much pain as the yelping, howling dog stuck in the burning house behind them, '-CALL ME A COWARD!'

That bit in the film was nothing like that!

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.