Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Coming to Mac's This Fall

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning will be coming to the Mac this Fall. The Mac version of the game is currently in beta and current subscribers can give it a spin right now. In addition, new users are able to download a 10 day Mac trial, as well.

The versions will not be separate, so both PC and Mac gamers will be able to play with each other on the same servers.

Do note that only Intel-based Mac's will be able to run the Warhammer Online client, with additional requirements available below:

Minimum System Requirements

•  Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard or higher
  •  Intel Core Duo Processor
  •  2 Gigabyte RAM
  •  ATI X1600 or NVidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM
  •  At least 15 GB of hard drive space for installation.
  •  This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems (PowerMac).
  •  Supported Video Cards

o ATI Radeon(TM) series

o X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600, 3870

o NVIDIA GeForce series

o 7300, 7600, 8600, 8800

o This game will not run on the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.

Get additional information, as well as the beta download link here.

Comments

• UnondelUnondel Member Posts: 14

LOL, worthless since the game is all but dead.  It still has the same issues with lag/stuttering that it had when it released, it's population is low, and their CSRs are worthless, took me a week to get a hold of someone to try and help me with my stuttering and lag issues all so that he can tell me to go check the forums online for possible solutions, including to check the forums on warhammeralliance.com and these forums.

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

They are copying World of Warcraft right down to the MAC thing. It is really sad.

This game has some of the worst performance I have ever seen with average graphics.

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522

Pretty good strategy, actually.  Take a game that is utterly fail on the PC/Windows platform, port it to Mac, which has slim pickings for any (native) games at all, and profit.  Doesn't matter if the game is utter shit, Mythic will pick up some sales just from Mac users being so starved for -anything- to play. 

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.

• MightfoxMightfox Member Posts: 24

Cool. I have a friend who I've wanted to play with me on warhammer with as a scenario pal who only uses macs.

Ignoring all the people with bad computers who complain about the stability, the people who can't play and complain about their class being "completely broken", and people who can't appreciate the fun of combat in the scenarios.(Though, I will admit that open RvR has several problems)

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

People actually use MACs for Gaming??

Ok... Gratz I guess.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

Lol srry but I can't resist but macs are so fail.

It's ironic because the reason the iphone is so great is because it has so many apps and is compatible with everything but mac comps aren't compatible with anything because pc owns the market. (Also macs are wayyy overpriced)

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

Is Mythic serious?  I'm all for games on the Mac, but they have better things to spend their money on.  Why not try fixing the game before wasting time on something like this?  This is something that should have either been done before launch, or after all the main issues are fixed. 

• SuperHansSuperHans Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by donjn

They are copying World of Warcraft right down to the MAC thing. It is really sad.
    This game has some of the worst performance I have ever seen with average graphics.

This is the same person that yells "WoW clone" at every single MMORPG released after WoW. Go suck a carrot.

I'm just cool like that.

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698
    Originally posted by Cyborg99

It's ironic because the reason the iphone is so great is because it has so many apps and is compatible with everything but mac comps aren't compatible with anything because pc owns the market. (Also macs are wayyy overpriced)

Congrats your an idiot.  

Anyone who uses the term "FAIL" in a sentence completely loses all regard for what one would consider an intelligent comment.  Now if you actually used a Mac you'd be more than surprised at its cross-platform compatibility.  In fact a Mac can run multiple operating systems including Windows, while no other machine can run OS X legally.  Also in regards to price, it has also been shown in various avenues that a Mac can be just as expensive if not cheaper than a comparable PC with like parts.  Can you build a cheaper computer yourself?  Yes of course, but its not a Mac.

I work on both platforms at work and they both have their pro's and con's.  To be this blantently ignorant of technology just saddens me to see peoples perception of value to that of price rather than quality.

As far as the Mac client goes, I am glad to see them finally come out with a compatible client.  If the economy ever turns around and I can afford a monthly sub I most likely will pick the game back up.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

wow adding mac compatability will adds 10s of subscribers, literrally as long as 10% of mac users play war anyway, but we all know wow has the mac market cornered.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

I dont get why they invest money in that when the game is an obvious failure....

• thaniththanith Member Posts: 144

at least a mac has something you might have never seen:

AN OPERATING SYSTEM :)

• CuddlyBunnyCuddlyBunny Member Posts: 51

Isnt Mac for chicks and musicians?

Originally posted by Souvec

Congrats your an idiot.  

Anyone who uses the term "FAIL" in a sentence completely loses all regard for what one would consider an intelligent comment.  Now if you actually used a Mac you'd be more than surprised at its cross-platform compatibility.  In fact a Mac can run multiple operating systems including Windows, while no other machine can run OS X legally.  Also in regards to price, it has also been shown in various avenues that a Mac can be just as expensive if not cheaper than a comparable PC with like parts.  Can you build a cheaper computer yourself?  Yes of course, but its not a Mac.

I work on both platforms at work and they both have their pro's and con's.  To be this blantently ignorant of technology just saddens me to see peoples perception of value to that of price rather than quality.

As far as the Mac client goes, I am glad to see them finally come out with a compatible client.  If the economy ever turns around and I can afford a monthly sub I most likely will pick the game back up.

War comming to macs 1 year after pc release proves macs are a joke. PC dominates the market so I would just acept that and get a pc like everyone else instead of trying to be "different?

I think your just mad becase you paid to much money for an inferior product .

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

Originally posted by CuddlyBunny

Lol so true. Hey what happened to your obama communist sig? Thats the funniest sig I've ever seen.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Of all the games they could port to a Mac, why Warhammer?!  ;)

EA is trying to break into the "Mac Gamer" market, and more power to 'em.    There needs to be more Mac compatible games. 

I use a Mac as my primary computer, still have to keep my PC around for the MMO's.   

If Turbine would wise up and build Mac clients of LOTRO + DDO I could finally ditch the PC :)

(oh, btw, I'm neither a chick, nor musician.  And my Mac has yet to "soo fail" or be incompatible with anything or any one of my half dozen windows using co-workers or windows based programs and servers I work with on a daily basis.  :)   )

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• WuuduuWuuduu Member Posts: 62

WAR needs millions of things to do, just not port to Macs. That worthless step can be done as last of them... 

Btw. if OSX is at 10% of computers, and at Macs are maybe less then 10% people playing games, and less then 50% of them are playing MMOs, or wanna play, im not sure that stupid step is the right way, how to increase number of dying population in game.

we can still call it FAILHAMMER.

• vvistovvvvistovv Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Souvec

Congrats your an idiot.  

Anyone who uses the term "FAIL" in a sentence completely loses all regard for what one would consider an intelligent comment. 

lol,

thx for pointing that out.  And for Warhammer to fix their game would mean that they would have to start from scratch with a new engine.  Having a Mac version is just prolonging the agony. 

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Originally posted by donjn

I don't see how it can be really sad because they are making it available on other platforms than Windows just because WoW has. Blizzard make their game usable on low-spec computers too, making their playerbase larger. Eve is also available on the Mac. That must be sad WoW-copying too no doubt

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by CuddlyBunny

The only real reason for using a mac for music production is Logic.