Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Updated Impressions and the Abyss (Article)

Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Just published a lengthy new write up with my updated look at the game after reaching level 25.  If you did not make it to the Abyss or do not know much about it, you might enjoy it.

You can find it HERE.

Thanks!

Comments

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Very informative and presented well. Thank you.

• VillynVillyn Member Posts: 75

very nice, thx for info

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

Well written article.  Having played the beta event and loving it last weekend, I was curious to learn more about the post level 20 game.  Need to play it to be sure, but it looks to be something that can keep me interested.

{edited to be the only reply post that didn't start with the word "very" lol]

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Very nice article, thank you.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by twrule

Well written article.  Having played the beta event and loving it last weekend, I was curious to learn more about the post level 20 game.  Need to play it to be sure, but it looks to be something that can keep me interested.
    {edited to be the only reply post that didn't start with the word "very" lol]

I am curious as well.   I will try to progress farther to see how some things play out.  I am also not sure if anything i covered here is changed as a result of the changes between what we have seen and 1.5.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Very nice to hear about more how the abyss points work. It's nice to know that you don't need to maintain a certain rank or something to use a piece of gear which certainly takes a lot off my mind. It will be interesting watching the leaderboard move though, like you said. I think it has a pretty good dynamic to it now that I think of it, because getting the good abyss gear seems like it will actually be more of a challenge then a grind which is good. (But it also won't require you to avoid all PvP encounters either, which is a relief).

Good article, I enjoyed it.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by Nadril

Very nice to hear about more how the abyss points work. It's nice to know that you don't need to maintain a certain rank or something to use a piece of gear which certainly takes a lot off my mind. It will be interesting watching the leaderboard move though, like you said. I think it has a pretty good dynamic to it now that I think of it, because getting the good abyss gear seems like it will actually be more of a challenge then a grind which is good. (But it also won't require you to avoid all PvP encounters either, which is a relief).

Good article, I enjoyed it.

I am curious to see if people will want to hold out on purchasing gear in order to get to the Abyss abilities.

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

Aion's game dynamic is nice from my beta test experience.  However, I have to say I am a bit worried about the item dependent PvP fight style that some players that play China, Korea, and Japanese Aion are saying. 

Mainly the speed scrolls and such, I guess even if it becomes a required item to use in small pvp, I can always try to make kinah somehow, but I tend to dislike over usage of item in a MMO.