Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey, mmorpg.com. When do we get your review? **Updated: prepare for the sh*tstorm**

ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I remember having to make a thread just like this just to get you guys to do an interview when darkfall first launched ( and we all remember what a swell guy Tasos was for that one ).

So here we are 4? months after the EU launch and now in the middle of an NA launch and yet, no review.

We had to ask you to do the interview because no other well known legitimate gaming site's were given one. And now we have to ask you to finally do a review for the same reason.

Are you still waiting for Tasos to give you a free account so you can review it? Because he won't and we all know it.

So, do you plan to plunk down the $50 and finally give your site's opinion on Darkfall?

I realize you enjoy the forum traffic brought by fanbots and trolls fighting non-stop, but I think it's time you guys climb off the fence and let us all know your opinion of the game.

Of course, you'll risk Tasos having a shit fit if you don't give his baby a glowing review, but that's part of the job, right?

Edit: And I mean one of your real reviewers. Personally, I'd prefer Stradden, since he's known to love PvP, so noone can claim he's a "WoW sheep" or "carebear"  ( although the fanbots inevitably will, anyway ).

Comments

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Zorvan

I remember having to make a thread just like this just to get you guys to do an interview when darkfall first launched ( and we all remember what a swell guy Tasos was for that one ).
    So here we are 4? months after the EU launch and now in the middle of an NA launch and yet, no review.
    We had to ask you to do the interview because no other well known legitimate gaming site's were given one. And now we have to ask you to finally do a review for the same reason.
    Are you still waiting for Tasos to give you a free account so you can review it? Because he won't and we all know it.
    So, do you plan to plunk down the $50 and finally give your site's opinion on Darkfall?
    I realize you enjoy the forum traffic brought by fanbots and trolls fighting non-stop, but I think it's time you guys climb off the fence and let us all know your opinion of the game.
    Of course, you'll risk Tasos having a shit fit if you don't give his baby a glowing review, but that's part of the job, right?

ill donate my eu account for it

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

Did they even announce the expansion launch?

There is no rule saying they have to review it. Paid beta not beta, launch but beta still but launched. DF has so many stages of launch right now maybe they are giving it time to figure out where it is in development so they can give it a fair review. But at the same time it is such a blip on the screen right now that they may not be in any hurry either.  There doesnt seem to be to many fence sitters left. You either are DF or you arent at this point it appears.

The game launched. They accepted money and now even launched another server in a second country (NA).

Anyone who tries to say the game is not released is deluding themselves looking for a reason for justification for the game's faults.

And no, mmorpg.com doesn't HAVE to review it. But in the interest of their readers and their site in general, I think it's high time they did.

In fact, mmorpg.com even said they were going to. They said they were trying to get an account and were being ignored. This was at the time of the interview, roughly 4 months ago. Nothing said afterwards.

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770

I would suggest a "sneak" review.

Reason being, then Aventurine can't "pull the play logs" and claim that MMORPG.Com only played 12.75 hours, when they should have played at least 13.

I would personally like to see a reveiw here also, maybe at the 6 month mark?

Edit: I'd also like to see Morgan Webb  give a review, but I doubt that will ever happen.

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Hmmm, I am not so sure that they dare to make one, it would turn into the bigest flame war the forum ever seen whatever the score would be.

The noob comic made a joke about Tasos and Zitron and was gone the next day from the site, too many people have very strong opinions about the game and are not interested to make a normal discussion. When people (who love or hate the game) have a solid opinion they can't change whatever the arguments they get a discussion is useless and everything just turns into a flame war.

It might just be the best to keep a low profile here and not awake the trolls. It would just work our poor mods to death trying to clean up the debate and send warnings to everyone.

The problem is that one of the groups of trolls only see the good parts of the game and makes a crusade against anyone mentioning a bad feature while the other group is the straight opposite.

And a good review would therefor upset them all. Anyone who only can see good things or bad things is a fanatic.

So I rather have that review in a year or so when things finally calmed down.

And surprisingly, no Darth's yet telling us how mmorpg.com has no value because they don't censor bad remarks toward the game.

• ElendilasXElendilasX Member Posts: 243

I would love to see mmorpg.com review and how much points it would give to DF. But it can get high score only if reviewer is obsessed with PvP and stupid drama of clans. If not, we will see something like eurogamer re-review.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

About a week shy of five months.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I'm sure they'll get around to a review as soon as the game releases.  

No, I mean the real game, you know, with all the features that were promised at launch.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

I would love to see a review.

Mayhaps they should dual-review it. That way two people can try to help each other out. Apparently this is a game where you need someone to watch your back.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• Fox2114Fox2114 Member Posts: 20

IF darkfall scraped a 5 from mmorpg I'd be shocked.  The games got a nifty shock factor, but once you realize the game is just naked people running around ganking eachother you see how shallow it is.  It's missing a ton of promised features, whats in there doesnt work half the time.  I bought it and didnt resub, its not worth it.  Im all for hardcore pvp ala good ol ultima, but in todays raid and gear happy market a game like this probably wont make it, and it sure as hell wont make it broken.  4/10 is about right but still generous from euro.

This is the best Darkfall thread ever.

I finally figured out how to keep all the fanbots out: make a thread asking for something they desperately do NOT want to see.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

I finally figured out how to keep all the fanbots out: make a thread asking for something they desperately do NOT want to see.

You just had to troll you own thread, didn't you ? 

Couldnt it be we agree on the topic and the question in OP  for once ? 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

You just had to troll you own thread, didn't you ? 

Couldnt it be we agree on the topic and the question in OP  for once ? 

Actually, just wanted to get it back on the front page where the staff will see it now that the weekend is over and they're back.

And thanks for the bump.

Edit: And it's my thread, so it's hardly trolling.

Edit 2: Holy crap! I just realized you typed in two almost grammatically perfect sentences AND didn't insult the site.

Where's the real Darth, you bastage?

Still no response from staff?

Come on, drink your morning coffee and then get in here!

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

I don't think the staff wants to do a review..That means they have to work harder to delete more threads/post

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448

Edit: And I mean one of your real reviewers. Personally, I'd prefer Stradden, since he's known to love PvP, so noone can claim he's a "WoW sheep" or "carebear"  ( although the fanbots inevitably will, anyway ).

well when Darkfall actually becomes an MMO

i don't think enough people play it yet to call it an MMO

and darkfall isn't really a MMORPG it's more of a FPS game like battlefield execept much worse and you have to pay 15 bucks/mon

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by hoopty

I don't think the staff wants to do a review..That means they have to work harder to delete more threads/post

I think you have guessed the correct answer.

Let's look at the answer to this question a bit more in depth.

Here is a little table to illustrate why this is a mysterious question indeed.

Why hasn't DarkFall been reviewed by MMORPG.COM?  Good Question!
    MMO Title Date Released  Review Score User Score Forum Posts
    Lunia 10/07/08 No Review 7.67 56
    AdventureQuest Worlds 10/10/08 7.0 No Score No Forums
    Atlantica Online 10/30/08 No Review 8.32 983
    Tantra Online 11/01/08 No Review 7.9 77
    Fusion Fall 1/19/09 7.0 No Score 4
    DarkFall Online

2/25/09 No Review 6.61 155,558
    Runes of Magic 3/19/09 7.7 8.05 324
    Freaky Creatures 3/24/09 8.0 No Score 1
    The Chronicles of Spellborn 4/23/09 7.7 8.2 882
    Free Realms 4/28/09 8.3 8.1 75
    Project Powder 5/08/09 7.5 No Score 2
    Myth War 2 5/20/09 No Review 7.82 10

The MMOs I included in the table above are those that have been released around the same time as DarkFall AND have at least one of the following: 

• Enough reviews by mmorpg.com users to qualify for a User Score
    • OR have had a review done by MMORPG.COM (some obviously have both).

I have also included some MMOs that were released BEFORE DarkFall where one of the following conditions was met as well. 

I also included the number of threads in each MMO's Gen. Dis. Forum area to give an idea of how popular they are here at mmorpg.com. 

I have tried to be factual in the above table, if there is any error in the above info please point it out as that is not the intent.

It would seem logical that MMORPG.COM might use the number of posts in a given MMOs forum to guage how much interest a particular MMO has to warrant doing a Review or not.

The only other MMO that seems to even come close to being in an identical situation as DarkFall is Atlantica Online.  They too have not had an official Review from MMORPG.COM and they have a fair amount of user interest (albeit a far cry from DarkFall's).

Those numbers above are the facts as it relates to MMORPG.COM and their Reviews.

Judge for yourself if you think that MMORPG.COM is dragging their feet on getting out a Review of DarkFall. 

Originally posted by xzyax

Why hasn't DarkFall been reviewed by MMORPG.COM?  Good Question!

MMO Title
    Date Released
     Review Score
    User Score
    Forum Posts

Lunia
    10/07/08
    No Review

AdventureQuest Worlds
    10/10/08
    No Score
    No Forums

Atlantica Online
    10/30/08
    No Review

Tantra Online
    11/01/08
    No Review

Fusion Fall
    1/19/09
    No Score

DarkFall Online

2/25/09
    No Review

Runes of Magic
    3/19/09

Freaky Creatures
    3/24/09
    No Score

The Chronicles of Spellborn
    4/23/09

Free Realms
    4/28/09

Project Powder
    5/08/09
    No Score

Myth War 2
    5/20/09
    No Review

The MMOs I included in the table above are those that have been released around the same time as DarkFall AND have at least one of the following: 

Enough reviews by mmorpg.com users to qualify for a User Score
    OR have had a review done by MMORPG.COM (some obviously have both).

I have also included some MMOs that were released BEFORE DarkFall where one of the following conditions was met as well. 
    I also included the number of threads in each MMOs Gen. Dis. Forum area to give an idea of how popular they are here at mmorpg.com. 

Huh... who knew that a simple little table would cause a thread to go quiet. 

I'll have to remember that little trick for later. 

Nah, i just don't want to believe mmorpg.com would be afraid to make a review solely because of high traffic count in this section.

Hell, right now it's fanbots vs. trolls in 90% of the existing threads. Mmorpg.com "choosing a side", so to speak, isn't going to change that or the traffic. The most it will do is make Tasos angry and cause him to be a condescending little prick, but then he did that when they finally got to interview him, so that's no problem either.

Besides, there's always the chance mmorpg.com might like the game. Although this would cause me to have to opt for a frontal lobotomy to compensate for the damage caused by the "WTF!?!" factor, it could happen.

Nah, i just don't want to believe mmorpg.com would be afraid to make a review solely because of high traffic count in this section.

Hell, right now it's fanbots vs. trolls in 90% of the existing threads. Mmorpg.com "choosing a side", so to speak, isn't going to change that or the traffic. The most it will do is make Tasos angry and cause him to be a condescending little prick, but then he did that when they finally got to interview him, so that's no problem either.

Besides, there's always the chance mmorpg.com might like the game. Although this would cause me to have to opt for a frontal lobotomy to compensate for the damage caused by the "WTF!?!" factor, it could happen.

LOL! 

Can't say I disagree with you. 

Although you must admit when looking at the facts of that table above... it does seem a bit odd that DarkFall has been "over-looked" in getting a review. 

Even stranger when such "well-known" titles like:

• Fusion Fall
    • Project Powder
    • Freaky Creatures

have already gotten a Review.

Anyway... I'm sure they are getting around to it any day now. 

And back to the front page we go.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Yaaawn!  Ok, your front page scheme worked and while finishing my coffee I will point our editorial team in the direction of this thread.  I am confident that something is in the works.  Keep in mind that we are not necessarily known for being the first site to review a game...heck I think we reviewed WAR like 6-8 months after launch (although this was too long).

Also note that being a North American based site we were probably waiting for the official release on this side of the pond.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Originally posted by Admin

Yaaawn!  Ok, your front page scheme worked and while finishing my coffee I will point our editorial team in the direction of this thread.  I am confident that something is in the works.  Keep in mind that we are not necessarily known for being the first site to review a game...heck I think we reviewed WAR like 6-8 months after launch (although this was too long).
    Also note that being a North American based site we were probably waiting for the official release on this side of the pond.

WOOT!

Thanks, Admin!

Edit: I agree with other posters who think maybe you shouldn't let Tasos/Aventurine know you're coming. Stealth review FTW!

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

We had a sea of delays with this particular article, unfortunately. 

Things happen.

We also wanted to be sure we gave it a good long amount of play time before we did it, to avoid a repeat of some other well publicized disasters elsewhere.

Anyway, it took too long, I agree, but the article deadline is this week, so hopefully we will be able to run it next Thursday (a week and two days from now) on review day. If not next Thursday, than almost definitely the one after.

...and I assure you, we're well aware we're sitting on a mountain of traffic when we launch the review. Trust me, it's in our best interests as well, even if fur will fly no matter what score we give it. The review is coming.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Originally posted by Dana

We had a sea of delays with this particular article, unfortunately. 

Things happen.

We also wanted to be sure we gave it a good long amount of play time before we did it, to avoid a repeat of some other well publicized disasters elsewhere.

Anyway, it took too long, I agree, but the article deadline is this week, so hopefully we will be able to run it next Thursday (a week and two days from now) on review day. If not next Thursday, than almost definitely the one after.

Oh, so you guys have already been playing and in the midst of making the review itself? Nice. Are you the reviewer Dana?