Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad Wright declares SGW all but dead in secon interview!

13»

Comments

• supremeaaronsupremeaaron Member UncommonPosts: 189

I agree with miagisan, stop the spam people can speak about what they want you and I and others may not like it but people have a right to speak there mind.

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Ederman must you post the same rant on every section of the Forums?  Please give us a break.

• BjornulveBjornulve Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Fumbles

From the developers:
    "Our official response is that the lights here are still on and the development team is working hard every day to get this game built.
    I’ve been asked from many corners lately to provide an official response to a story circulated by Gateworld.net. I spoke with Darren Sumner, the author of the story, soon after it was posted and gave him a detailed response to the article which he decided not to publish.
    Our official response is that the lights here are still on and the development team is working hard every day to get this game built. Team members are in the office seven days a week to deliver Stargate Worlds. Brad Wright is the Stargate expert and a creative consultant on Stargate Worlds who advises us on the story; unfortunately we had not recently updated him on our progress or the impact from the current global economic crisis, and he was not fully aware of the continuing progress on our game.
    It’s true that the production of Stargate Worlds has been significantly impacted by the greatest worldwide economic downturn in decades, but we are still raising enough money from angel investors to keep the dev team working.
    We are currently negotiating several deals that will cover our financial responsibilities and fund the remainder of development. When we sign those deals, you’ll hear about it. Until then, we’ll keep building Stargate Worlds, because right now, that’s the only thing that matters to us."

I was also excited for this game to come out, but lately, I have only been checking the SGW site occasionally. When I saw this post, I too concluded that the game is dead. Do they really expect props for paying their electric bill??

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I hadn't looked in on SGW for a while - the trickle of info had slowed to a crawl - and come back to find this.

When predictions of exactly this kind of doom were long ago made on the official forums, I countered with "I'm sure MGM won't want this product to fail because it would be bad for the Stargate IP. Even if Cheyenne can't get it to release themselves, MGM will probably buy it up and finish it."

Now we get to see....

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Ederman, for your information Vultures don't attack at the first sight of blood. Vultures merely feed upon carrion, that is dead meat.

As for your "It's not Gary Whiting's fault" post, it just doesn't wash here my friend try it out on the official forums and you may find a FanOri or two that will agree with you. Whiting is responsible because he is the owner of the project, if you want to know why employees are pissed and leaving ask them when they last got paid! If you want to know why gamers are pissed ask them about the media blackout and what they think of being head hunted in game for a pyramid scheme. In these companies the buck has to stop somewhere and it stops at the CEO, if Whiting doesn't want tot accept that then tough because that's the way it is and he needs to take it like a man.

As for your defense of him, did you ever represent Nick Leeson?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• ObamaonicsObamaonics Member Posts: 33

The obvious remark is “who cares”. The mmorpg market is saturated with crap that it was obvious for even the casual observer that SGW was lame. No one should believe the corporate development team after the debacle that was AoC, PotBS, Tabula Rasa, WAR and most recently, the Darkfall scam of delivering a shell of a grossly incomplete, contentless product, of which such a rudimentary design could only be mastered by the most shifty of scam artists.

SGW was heading down the same road and got caught with burning through their cash and fumbling whatever investment they had so horribly, they failed earlier.

The leadership of any endeavor begins and ends with the board for any business; even this one. That’s how business is; always was and always is.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Agricola1

Sorry about that man, the site didn't work for me and I read the quote somewhere else, but yeah after Brad Wright makes those statements it's got to be time to throw the towel in. Atleast any hopes of CME launching this title.

Someone else mentioned TR,i sort of got the same feeling about SGW after i saw the first videos.The game looked to have no chance what so ever,maybe the biggest die hard fans of the series might try it out,but i felt like the game was headed for a big time fail.

Originally the game looked to have some good direction,a class team,but eventually it looked like a small developer with no ability to deliver,i am sorry i am still waiting for a small developer to deliver a big game,but i think it is an impossible task.All the biggest games on the market are by bigtime developers with lots of cash,i don't see this trend changing anytime soon,especially with the cost of development so high these days.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ZhirocZhiroc Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Wizardry

i am sorry i am still waiting for a small developer to deliver a big game,but i think it is an impossible task.All the biggest games on the market are by bigtime developers with lots of cash,i don't see this trend changing anytime soon,especially with the cost of development so high these days.

I'd have to say that CCP, the developer of Eve, was a small start-up that hit it very big. Eve now has over 300K subscribers, if I recall properly. And it's about the best PvP game out there (which I don't like, so I don't play it anymore... but I did for a couple of years at the start).

• SemperFiVetSemperFiVet Member Posts: 83

you want to see just what lenghts Whiting will go to cover up his 4 year-old Scam and PONZI, Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment and his most recent MLM scam, MMOGULS, simply come to the Maricopa County Superior Court SE in Mesa.

At 8:30am on July 23rd, in the Honorable Judge Teresa Sanders courtroom, SouthEast Facility 4A, I will be appearing for an Initial PreTrial Conference. This all stems from multiple bogus police reports Whiting and his cronies have filed with the Mesa Police Department purporting I violated a Workplace Harrassment Injuction last January. An injunction, by the way, that was dismissed at Whiting's lawyers request BEFORE the hearing date. These allegations have resulted in two " Felony 6" criminal charges filed against me by the County Prosecutors Office.. Because I do not believe I am Guilty of Anything and I did not take the initial Plea offer at my last hearing, I now have to go through the system in hopes the Prosecutor will see things for what they are.

The crimes, puportedly answering TWO emails from the Corporate Counsel of CME, Mike Rafford and from the CEO, Tim Jenson, purportedly violated the Injuction..

Whiting had been representing himself, ProPer, but he now has an attorney, his 5th since I met him last October.. Of course Whiting is paying his attorney out of the company, with SHAREHOLDERS/INVESTORS money.

I, on the other hand am paying attorney FEES, travel expenses to and from Mesa from Dallas where I live , not to mention the time and aggravation this BS has, is and will cost me.

AND WHY DO THIS????

Whiting sent me back my investment when I confronted him with the allegations of fraud, embezzlement and mismanagement after the 2008Christmas/2009New Year holiday break.

He took the downline I had created in MMOGULS and moved them all under someone who threw in $250K to MMOGULS, and has never paid me a DIME of commission that was due me from MMOGULS.. Of course, i have contacted ALL the downline I set up, they have withdrawn from MMOGULS, and all except 5 got their money back from the credit card processor..

NOW, I am standing here  against Whiting.. I have investors,shareholders. former employees, vendors, contract labor persons, former Whiting friends, even some of his OWN RELATIVES emailing me, calling me, texting me, all wanting a piece of this guys butt and wanting to know what they can do to get their money back. Some disillusioned investors STILL think the game can be completed, Whiting will take it public or whatever, and they will reap the investor benefits. You must be kidding. Everyone wants to get this guy, and Gagon, get their money back, put them in jail, BUT no one wants to FIGHT, toe to toe..

Well I will fight this clown until he goes to jail.. I can advise you, show you, collectively ,how we all can get some of our money back and put these guys away, never to harm people again.. This is habitual for Whiting and Gagon, just access Public records and you will see the two of them did the same thing in 1995-1996. Gagon took the fall and now 40Million shares of CME is his reward, PLUS all the money he has drained out of CME and MMOGULS, along with Whiting. Just go to Maricopa County public records and look up Case# CV-95-02582. Read where Gagon was fined $700K and BANNED for life from during exactly what he has been doing with CME for 4 years. Then research him personally, you will find the State of Arizona has filed on $11Million in liens.against him  But I need your help..

You want the most bang for your buck, attempt to get some, if not all of your money back AND put these guys down.. YOU WANT JUSTICE????

Email me privately at [email protected] and/or [email protected] or call me on my cell 214.587.3977 or my office number in Arizona 480.545.2200 Ext 2235, leave a private message, tell me how they have got to you, what your investment/loan is and leave your contact information and I promise, YOU WILL HEAR FROM ME....

• Wizzard7Wizzard7 Member Posts: 17

Word of warning to any MMoguls/CME investors:

DO NOT join any organization/Trust/Group started by Bob Guenther, especially if he asks for a "donation" or "contribution". He has pulled this same scam several times, taking advantage of people who are already victims, by victimizing them even more.

Case in point, try Goggling ' ASDMBA'.    This was a "Trust" that raised over $130K and did nothing to help members get their money back.  When members contacted Bob and asked for a refund, they were told to "sue me!".  The only ones who made money were Bob, his lawyer and his family.

• SemperFiVetSemperFiVet Member Posts: 83

This blog is about CME and Stargate Worlds.. What is your point about the game??