Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All arguments aside...

TheTermiteTheTermite Member UncommonPosts: 21

I only played this game for a few months in 2007, but I am sad to see this go.  I think the potential for a truly great game was sitting on a table in front of these developers.

I got the feeling that the people who tended this game basically rolled in to work,  did a job, and went home without much attachment for it.

I was actually considering joining this game again when i did some research and found that it was closing.  There was a lot of potential for this game, and when I did play this, I enjoyed the interaction of the community.  Very helpful players--to the point where you thought they were helping you so much to keep you sold on the game.

Hopefully there is another incarnation of this game sometime down the road.  It was fun wearing my sunglasses at night...

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

What were its good features?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by TheHavok

What were its good features?

The servers closed.

• RyukeRyuke Member Posts: 58

I must admit, I loved playing in the beta for MxO. The combat system was different and refreshing to watch, and the abilities and skills very interesting. I remember Super Jumping around the entire Mega City. Class swapping was also very well implemented, being able to just plug in and out new skills at will just by heading to a hardline.

The game just went downhill when Monolith / WB dropped it and passed it to SOE. This isn't an anti SOE bash though, as it was in decline a bit before. All the events once the game went live, leading up to Morpheus' death were great. After that, it seemed the team lost interest. With each patch new features were few and far between and the updates just consisted of bug fixes and an extra story arc video to watch, and even these were half-arsed with most of it changing to animated at opposed to ingame movies.

I cancelled my sub shortly after it was handed over to SOE, but if the game would go back to how it was at the end of beta / start of launch then i'd resub for sure.

• TheTermiteTheTermite Member UncommonPosts: 21

Tell ya the truth, I can't remember.

Other than I wasn't running around on some star-spooked dale where wizards, orcs, and goblins were trying to attack me, it seemed like I was in the "real world" yet 2 steps behind.  Like I was always gaining ground against a truly believable menace and my only footing was the accepted beliefs of those behind me.