Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

about the ganking.

HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Is the ganking out of Tort the same as it is in.  Do high levels just constantly camp places and pretty much that is what there whole guild does?  Have to say the ganking in this game is stupid.  It is no wonder games based around ganking tend to fail.  Who wants to invest money into making a game that will only have a small number of subs.  In Tort a guild formed just to get people to 25 so they can gank in the lowbie dungeons.  That is lame. 

Comments

• urbanmonkeyurbanmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 134

I activated the trial yesterday and I logged on after 10 months being away.

So I log my level 48 HoX and I walk around to admire the pretty graphics on my new computer (I got that last week). Within 10 seconds of leaving the respawn point I got attacked by 5 or so 37-39 level characters coming out of hiding. They killed me in about 6 seconds.

I respawned and tried walking away from there only to be attacked and killed again. I logged off and created a new character on a PVE server. Hopefully now I can try the game and actually enjoy it.

Great community this game has.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Never argue with idiots. They are immune to logic.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

That is what I wanted to know before I went to far with a character on the PvP server.  Thanks.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

PvP servers in this game is 110% pvp gameplay, so if this is something you don`t like, try a PvE server or a Rp-pvp server. I myself play on Aquilonia for a more "gentle" version of Fury.

• urbanmonkeyurbanmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Destiny2010

PvP servers in this game is 110% pvp gameplay, so if this is something you don`t like, try a PvE server or a Rp-pvp server. I myself play on Aquilonia for a more "gentle" version of Fury.

OMG, my character was on Aquilonia. I dread to think what Fury is like. They must hang noobs by their balls at the entrance to Tortage.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Never argue with idiots. They are immune to logic.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

I actually think ALL servers with some form of PvP have some or more pvp on White Sands and such areas in Tortage, but once your past 25, and away from Tortage it calms down for a while until some areas later in game. (FOTD & Kheshatta?)

But the pure PvP servers have more then others.

• CrashloopCrashloop Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Destiny2010

I actually think ALL servers with some form of PvP have some or more pvp on White Sands and such areas in Tortage, but once your past 25, and away from Tortage it calms down for a while until some areas later in game. (FOTD & Kheshatta?)
    But the pure PvP servers have more then others.

AoC being FFA-PvP there is no safe spots. You will be attacked in any zone except the main cities ofc. There is a lot of PvP on the pvp servers, however since it is that much PvP the amount of ganking willbe higher too.

Playing: Battlefield - Bad company (Xbox360) Arma2, DFO (PC)
    On my radar: TSW, MO
    MMO's played: SWG (pre cu/cu), WoW, AoC, WAR, DFO, Planetside
    MMO's that I have tested: Lotro, L2, Aion, Ryzom

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

well there are pvp hot spots, white sands being one.

but if your not into being ganked, dont play on a pvp server.

dont get why people who dont want to be ganked try to roll on a pvp server, or try to solo xp and expect not to get griefed.  not saying your going to get griefed 100% of the time, but expect to be an easy kill, if your ruinning around alone like an easy kill...

so expect the pvp server to be a gnak fest, eventhough most of the time, if you dont stick out like a sore thumb, people will leave you alone.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Horusra

That is what I wanted to know before I went to far with a character on the PvP server.  Thanks.

This game is a PVP game, if you intend to roll on a PVP server find a BIG guild and make friends, quest in groups.

PVP should be why you want to play this game (provided you are on a PVP server)

I had so much fun playing with 2 of my close friends recently, we'd quest together and kill anyone we met.

• BarteauxBarteaux Member Posts: 483

When I returned after a break in jan/feb I got pissed from all the ganking. I cancelled my sub, but had already payed for a 3 month period so I logged on again every now and then.

Eventually I got better at countering gankers, and I must say, there are fewer things more rewarding in a PvP-MMORPG than to own some backstabbing bastard that ambush you.

First of all, learn your class well. Get familiar with tactics and abilities that counter cc's. Use your own cc's to mitigate the attacker's surprise advantage.

Secondly, put points in hiding.

If you still seem not to get any Q's done because of gankers; Change zone, or hook up with other players (after all, it's an mmo and bigger fights are more fun imo).

If  you still don't think this whole ffa pvp isn't for you, there is a good chance you are right.

Roll a PvE-server is probably more right for you.

Now I'm enjoying the aoc pvp, but I have my principles Even though Fury has a reputation for ganking, I rarely take part in any (only for revenge). I never attack players that are more than 2-3 lvls below me, and I don't attack people low on health that are fighting mobs. It doesn't make me a better person/player, but it's how I like to play.

Also, after 1.05.3 It's harder to get killed w/o having the chance to react, since fights last a lot longer now.

"nerf rock, paper is working as intended."

- Scissors.

Head Chop

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

well there are pvp hot spots, white sands being one.
    but if your not into being ganked, dont play on a pvp server.
    dont get why people who dont want to be ganked try to roll on a pvp server, or try to solo xp and expect not to get griefed.  not saying your going to get griefed 100% of the time, but expect to be an easy kill, if your ruinning around alone like an easy kill...
    so expect the pvp server to be a gnak fest, eventhough most of the time, if you dont stick out like a sore thumb, people will leave you alone.

X2

no matter what game you play pvP in be it Eve, LoTRO, or AoC if look like a easy kill you are going to be killed. That is simply the nature of the game. I would venture that 99% of the time the PvP instigator will be the player(s) who thinks that  he or she or they have a 100% chance to win. That is just humans nature.

I miss DAoC

• pleasenjoi93pleasenjoi93 Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Barteaux

If  you still don't think this whole ffa pvp isn't for you, there is a good chance you are right.
    Roll a PvE-server is probably more right for you.

That's what I'm about to do. I play an Assassin on a PvP server an, even though I could stealth by everyone, still got ganked in combat and when I unstealthed to let someone know I wasn't going to attack them... I decided to just hop on Set, roll a guardian or DT and just find a good guild to play with, hopefully without all of this ganking fun. In fact yesterday I talked to someone in-game who was about to do the same thing. My friend also quit AoC because the ganking was so bad, now he's back to WoW. It's just a problem for a lot of people that can be solved if you just say no to PvP servers, heh.

"...these forums are like soap operas"-Nihce

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

my problem with the ganking wasnt even that it was happening, it was that my uncontrolled body even with the little help spell was killed about 10seconds before i could defend myself. you shouldnt actually spawn in a zone around people before you yourself have loaded *everything* not simply the loading screen lol

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by warty

my problem with the ganking wasnt even that it was happening, it was that my uncontrolled body even with the little help spell was killed about 10seconds before i could defend myself. you shouldnt actually spawn in a zone around people before you yourself have loaded *everything* not simply the loading screen lol

I see your point but at the same time the death penalty for dying PVP wise in this game is non exsistant, you get no penalty at all.

When you first zone into a lot of zones you get an invulnerable shield that protects you for about 30 seconds as well.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by warty

I see your point but at the same time the death penalty for dying PVP wise in this game is non exsistant, you get no penalty at all.

When you first zone into a lot of zones you get an invulnerable shield that protects you for about 30 seconds as well.

remember that the other guy gets pvp xp and regular xp per kill(very little) so if your not in a guild and your crying about getting pked, expect to get griefed...the other guys need the xp from you.

get a decent guild, or stick with your xp party (always a good idea on a pvp server) and people will be less likely to grief.

its fun when a higher level would chase me down, only to find a full dmc party waiting for him, he wont be back... but if two parties wish to play the same turf, expect some really fun party vs party action to fight for the area.

again, if you get mad when someone kills you, or are prone to get fustrated by it, roll a pve server, you still get mini games and border kingdom sieges, as well as ot common faction action.  at least there you can pvp only when you feel like it.

the pvp servers is for those who enjoy the thrill of everyone is the enemy potentially.

• AmafiAmafi Member Posts: 80

By the way, you can transfer chars from pvp to pve servers free of charge.

So instead of starting from scratch, why not just xfer?

Crom is the busiest pve server but Blackscar is by far the more mature.

Hope this saves you some time!

Amafi

*edit just realised this may apply to EU servers..still, it may help someone.

• pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106

You should see what it's like in Khessta when you first hit 70 and run in there to quest.  People are all over the front gate and graveyard camping.  It's a lot of suck if you don't have a group running around with you, even then everyone is level 80... you just die a lot out there, basically.

Originally posted by pgqsilver

You should see what it's like in Khessta when you first hit 70 and run in there to quest.  People are all over the front gate and graveyard camping.  It's a lot of suck if you don't have a group running around with you, even then everyone is level 80... you just die a lot out there, basically.

well if your on the rp-pvp server, the area directly to your right from the entrace of kesh is the unofficial arena, so your going to see lots of pvpers fighting there....if you just run by then and ignore then they usualy wont mess with you.

find a group, people are less likely to gank if your in a party and can defend yourself