Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell, why is this game on the list all of a sudden?

EyrothathEyrothath Member UncommonPosts: 200

Is somebody bringing this game back? It is possible to grab the source code and all the rights to the game.. I know that in the past there have been several emulators and fansties.. What the hell is going on here? Or did someone at MMORPG make a mistake!?

On a second note, I can talk about this game again, It was my first and still my favorite space game, it was much more inter-active than EVE, everytime you docked, you could get out of your ship, you customized a character, and you would buy and trade, when docked, and you could dock on planets, etc.. Was the only spacegame where you had control of a ship + a character, no other space game has attempted this as far as I am aware of.. The combat was very good also, did not have the point and click..

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Somebody screwed up.

They also added Age of Mourning and a few other dead and gone games back to the list.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The number of games listed has increased by 60-80 in the last month or two. I can't be arsed to find it but there has been mention by a moderator that changes to the webite are on the way. What those changes are they didn't say.  Another post stated the email system will be gone by the end of the year.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by grunty

The number of games listed has increased by 60-80 in the last month or two. I can't be arsed to find it but there has been mention by a moderator that changes to the webite are on the way. What those changes are they didn't say.  Another post stated the email system will be gone by the end of the year.

Awww, now where am I going to have all my junk mail sent to, now?

And I can't see the purpose in padding the forums with sections that were removed years ago.

• DaphoesDaphoes Member Posts: 3

they prolly made a mistake, putting it back in the list.

They really should sell the source code, and let someone else have a chance to make this game Great again, it was my favorite Space game, untill it was killed off by the evil Empire of EA, so naturally EVE was the only option for ppl like us, that likes space combat, i still play eve, but i would wish i could play this game again, and someone would develop it some more, caus it certainly had potential for something great, the combat Action was Awsome..

but knowing EA´s appetite for destruction its not gonna happen.... sadly

• SyberflySyberfly Member Posts: 9

It was a great game, the only reason it was put to rest was EA,  after they had bought out Westwood they refused to suport any game that they had not created.

I Live for the One, I die for the One

• RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674

Only MMO I have ever been able to get my wife to play and she still brings it up to me. I hate that it was shut down.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

It was put back on the list because it was AWESOME.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• golfgolf Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by Slampig

and still is

• AndraaxxAndraaxx Member UncommonPosts: 30

I loved this game. They just needed to make some changes to the PVP and it would have been great, but it was way too good to cancel.

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749
    Originally posted by golf

Originally posted by Slampig

and still is

Yep, and as of this year it's very close to being finished :D

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• KarmenianKarmenian Member Posts: 5

this game needs to come out again.  do it now.   :)

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441

I was able to watch an entire movie moving from one pixel to another in this game. Slower than frozen water moving backwards uphill!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770

I enjoyed this game also. Oh well.

I was also playing MCO at the time, another one that EA axed that was a ton of fun.

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

• jobsetter104jobsetter104 Member Posts: 1

OH YEA EARTH AND BEYOND ROCKS and gas, and roids and hydrocarbons...oh and MOBs...lol

http://www.enb-emulator.com/

• NuichNuich Member UncommonPosts: 123

You are hearing it right the ENB Emulator has been in the works for several years and it is expected to go live sometime this year. But as I said you can play right now, if you can stand the crashes and other things associated with a test instance. Come join us.

forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

Ok I regesterd but just cant figure out how or what to download.  Is anyone willing to give me a few pointers on how to play this game again?  I loved it and am super happy to see someone is trying to bring it back!

• KurirKurir Member UncommonPosts: 244

That goes for me as well, if there is anyone that can assist me in getting it running on my system I would gladly join in.

• asciiriderasciirider Member UncommonPosts: 16

I just registered for the site and I'm guessing i nthe DL section, under clients to get the alpha iso file and the update.

After they DL and I get them installed I'l ledit the post and let people know what's up

Ok I've found out do NOT try to DL from the site itself.  Each DL you need times out at about 20 meg.

Use the links in the post on their forums instead

http://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?showtopic=7442

Doing so, I was able to get in with no problem..and it's just like I remember fro mEA's days running it

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by asciirider

I just registered for the site and I'm guessing i nthe DL section, under clients to get the alpha iso file and the update.

After they DL and I get them installed I'l ledit the post and let people know what's up

Ok I've found out do NOT try to DL from the site itself.  Each DL you need times out at about 20 meg.

Use the links in the post on their forums instead
    http://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?showtopic=7442

Doing so, I was able to get in with no problem..and it's just like I remember fro mEA's days running

thank you for the info. looking forward to trying this.

update. so far works great! just as i remember it.

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

Damn for some reason I cant get the emulater to work..  I stumbled on my game disc a few nights ago, will that help?