Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion On Steam

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

From reading the announcement that Aion is now available for prepurchase on Steam, one is lead to assume that they are claiming you can play as soon as you download and make an account. Does this mean if you preorder on Steam you can play the game 24/7 or do they mean access to all closed beta events?

Comments

• darkrain5darkrain5 Member Posts: 53

Their are no servers online to play (for the normal preorder people). I doubt that steam has its own privat server so my answer is

no you can't play 24/7 untill the game is released .

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

I had assumed this was the case anyways. I was just trying to confirm that Steam wasn't giving enough information...

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'll look it up myself, getting the game from steam is an interesting proposition. I wonder about the pricing of the CE version, since it will basically be download only.

Originally posted by Xasapis

I'll look it up myself, getting the game from steam is an interesting proposition. I wonder about the pricing of the CE version, since it will basically be download only.

wish I had seen this before I preorderd . because then I didn't have to pay deliery to europe hehe

From what I can see on the Aion community site (http://aiononline.com) there are several more CBT events listed well into August. I wonder if they're planning on a very short open beta...

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Originally posted by Mystik86
    From what I can see on the Aion community site (http://aiononline.com) there are several more CBT events listed well into August. I wonder if they're planning on a very short open beta...

I believe there is a short open beta set for near the end of August. (or sometime in August).

Doesn't matter to me too much. At this point I have been counting on beta events every two weeks so I've been planning around them. It does suck that we don't get to play all the time though since the game is clearly quite polished already.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

store.steampowered.com/app/29650/

• 60 euros for the CE edition
    • 50 euros for the normal edition

Looks like the CE edition is a nobrainer. I wonder how much the boxed CE edition costs though.

10euro extra is still 20% more :)

• ElthrisElthris Member Posts: 13

Is the collector's edition coming out in North America as well or is it only  a european only deal.What come's in the collector's edition of the game?

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

I might check it out when it hits the bargain bin this fall.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!