Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternate Download Link? (Besides Fileplanet)

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

I'm having trouble with the FilePlanet download site for FFXI and I would like to know if there's an alternate download site... I've never played FFXI and would like to give it a shot before XIV comes out...

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/trial/index.html

You'll need a download code. I'll PM you one off my buddy pass.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

The download link it provided seems to be downloading a corrupted zip file. Keep getting this error:

! C:UsersDreadDesktopFFXI_US.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

Am I doomed?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Try using winrar to unzip the file if you haven't already.. The file should be good as far as I know.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

It's all good. I managed to download it through Fileplanet so I'm good. Everything's peachy now except the movement controls...

• arodenaroden Member UncommonPosts: 14

I used to play this game at launch but gave up soon after would like to try it again, but cant download the trial from fileplanet due to restrictions.. :( if anyone has a buddy code so that i can download it direct from soe i would be happy... as i guess this would bypass the need for a fileplanet. :)