Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A call to arms!

DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

FLS needs your help:

First the good news, lots of improvements have been made since launch which I will list in the next post & populations are improving. The original Blackbeard server recently got off light, the lower populated nations now get x2 exp as explained on the login screen. The last patch is now live with port blockading so no more grinding for contention, red zones are popping up just by sitting outside a port with your PvP flag on. Lots more port battles :)

Rusty has made a promotional  video & cancelled customers can get 14-days free play just by logging in via the active winback offer.

Now the not so good news, we are now getting some lag in port battles & FLS are keen to get this sorted a.s.a.p. so they need you to login & copy your character to testbed to get its populations up to heavy for a no loss skimish event later this week.

If you can help & don't have an account get a free trail key here

Comments

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553

Do it today by signing up for one month & playing on the testbed event.

We'd like as many people as possible to log on to Testbed at 2pm PST / 10pm BST tomorrow (Saturday, July 11th).

Others may get in free just by logging in & using the 14-days winback that SOE has applied to most expired accounts or new players can simply go to the home page & get a free key for a 14-days trial.

Fast lvlups & big ships are being given out by /pm Rhaegar

Do it now as the download & patching can take 2-3 hours.

edit: Update Due to the event the lag is now fixed on testbed :)

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by DJXeon

FLS needs your help:
    .... The last patch is now live with port blockading so no more grinding for contention, red zones are popping up just by sitting outside a port with your PvP flag on. Lots more port battles :)

Looks like they still cannot think though the implications of their design decisions?

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58761

How is it going?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• DJXeonDJXeon Member UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by Gyrus

Originally posted by DJXeon

FLS needs your help:
    .... The last patch is now live with port blockading so no more grinding for contention, red zones are popping up just by sitting outside a port with your PvP flag on. Lots more port battles :)

Looks like they still cannot think though the implications of their design decisions?

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58761

How is it going?

True enough, Blockading is not the perfect solution but it seems to be popular & acts as a catalyst for red circles & PvP by producing more port battles.

Overall its what the game needs while populations are low & may not be so necessary if they pick up again so that contention or red circles becomes more hotly contested.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

I have been playing for 3 months now, coming back after paying at the releas. And i must say I like the new Avatar combat and the game works well overall. If you liked the original pirates on the Amiga back in the day this game ROCKS!

To be honest I think this is an Oldtimers game, you should be 25+ years and like a bit of strategic combat. So if you are tired of the same old fantasy tank and spank games give POTBS a chans its actually alot of fun