Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NWN MMO

I have heard reall basic rumors of a Neverwinter Nights MMO?  Has anyone else heard these rumors and whats your take on it, if they were to be  true.  I personally would be really excited to see something along those lines happen.  (Of course it would depend on who was making the game as well as other details)

Comments

• kiddyno071kiddyno071 Member Posts: 1,330

Nope haven't heard anything about it. 

• declaredemerdeclaredemer Member Posts: 2,698

We NEED, desperately, a NWN with a TOOLSET that is intuitive.  I am ashamed by how much they were able to destroy the NWN toolset with NWN 2.  

They not only destroyed a great game but also a great concept; and this always strikes me as strange.

So many developers destroy themselves and their titles, and it still seems strange to me.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891
    Originally posted by declaredemer

We NEED, desperately, a NWN with a TOOLSET that is intuitive.  I am ashamed by how much they were able to destroy the NWN toolset with NWN 2.  

They not only destroyed a great game but also a great concept; and this always strikes me as strange.

So many developers destroy themselves and their titles, and it still seems strange to me.

Bioware Made Neverwinter Nights and the Aurora Tool set..and like they did with KOTOR they gave the rights for a sequal to a 'sister' company called Obisidian.     Hence they didn't Destroy themselves..someone else Destroyed it for them.

As to the OP the only NWN MMO rumours I heard were all in the speculation pot on what biowares unreleased MMO is going to be but since the announcement of SWTOR im pretty sure the chances of an NWN MMO is are Nill for a quite a while.   IF anyone other than Bioware was to make an NWN MMO or a D&D MMO (besides that other one thats already out) I probably wouldn't play it.  The best D&D games were always made by Bioware.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/rumor-cryptic-making-neverwinter-nights-mmo-for-atari/

There ya go. The latest rumors put Cryptic making NWN MMO, since Atari has the rights to The Forgotten Realms IP.

• UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174

So basically, an MMO with Forgotten Realms as it's setting? That has so much potential, and if the rumor is true, I hope Cryptic doesn't screw it up.

• darwinatordarwinator Member Posts: 37

AB,

Thanks for the link that really helps.  Some of the discussion on the board is very Insightful and made me think about whether I really would want a NWN MMO or not.