Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Emil Chronicle Online! CloseBeta on 8July09

Close Beta Test of the world’s first English version will be carried out on 7-8-9 (9PM[GMT+8], 8th July).

Since the announcement of Run Up has obtained the distribution right of Emil Chronicle Online, or in short ECO, in Malaysia and Singapore, a mass of players is concerning about the exact launching date of ECO. Eventually, Run Up has announced official website of ECO will be launching by today (3rd July 2009), and Close Beta Test of the world’s first English version will be carried out on 7-8-9 (9PM, 8th July).

According to Run Up, since the obtaining of ECO distribution right from Korea Developer Company Gravity, Run Up held a couple of meeting with developer company, with purpose to create new content for players in Singapore and Malaysia which is different from ECO version in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Japan. Besides that, both parties also shared their opinions and ideas for player’s behavior in different regions, with hope that the tremendous strength of Gravity in developing online game and rich experiences of Run Up in operating online games in Malaysia and Singapore would create another wave of playing online game again, to be like RO.

In ECO, there exist three races: Emil (human race), Titania (angels), and Dominion (demons). A total of 24 jobs has opened with different skills for different jobs and races. For example, races with wings (Titania and Dominion) could fly but Emil is equipped with the wisdom to create flying machine. In game graphic and content tend to be cute as in fairy tales, with Marionette System and various NPC such as Little Cupid and Mineral Elf to string along with players to adventure.

The game has integrated a special Marionette System. Marionette could be said is player’s division, as well as guardian who protect player. Player could posses different marionette such as teddy bear, robot, elf and many more. These marionettes not only look cute, they also posses fascinating battle style. In addition to that, there are a wide variety of pets to accompany players to battle in ECO.

Gravity and Run Up give special emphasize on Possession System, which is a special system never integrate in other online games. Under this system, player’s character can attach to weapon or armor and equipped by player’s friends. Both parties can obtain experience values for defeating monster in the game. Fore more information, please visit to official website to know more about ECO!

http://eco.runup.com.my/

http://eco.runup.com.sg/

Today , they even lauched the ECO diary

Diary Link, you can post your comment or suggestion there.

Just like a sign book.. quite fun!

Introduction of Emil Chronicle Online

ECO game world is a vividly constructed dreamland with all animated figures based on MMORPG concept.

Emil being the human race which is full of creativity and curiosity; Titanians being the angelic race which possesses wings in white color and golden circlet; whereas Dominions being the mischievous demon race owns a pair of black wings and long tail.All these 3 races are now settled on the Acronia continent and start venture their ambitious adventures in the fantasy land where miracles happen as norm of life.

Designed by the well known Japanese BROCCOLI, these adorable characters will surely broaden up your visual experience and stimulate your anxiety onto this fun-packed thrilling game of ECO-system.

In additions, a newly programmed "Infuse System" which enables characters to instill their soul onto their weapon and gain intensive experience when fighting, this feature is foreseeable to hype up the gamers with brand new understanding of gaming..

Other than that, adding thrill to the game fever is that the "Mobile Puppet System" which game character could evolve to become a puppet and keep participate in the game world even if players log out from the game. All these fascinating new features can definitely offer all gamers a new game playing perception of virtual reality.

EMIL

They are proactive adventurers. To excavate the ruins or all long lost ancient civilization throughout the world, to unleash all innocent souls from the long abundant prison cells, and in extreme ego to build reputation, they start travelling in nomad lifestyle.

DOMINION

They are roguish risk takers, fearless indeed. Thirst for victory in warfare, now they nestled in the human world. It is a tragic, claimed by some anonymous who dare not exposed their identity due to total fear of Dominions' existence.

TITANIANS

They are devotees and spokespersons of fate. Eventually gone through millenniums of development, they now strongly believe in destiny which has already puzzled up long ago by the Almighty God. They come to the human world now, as fated they believed wholeheartedly

Comments

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Man that site is irritating as hell.

A few questions, is this the malaysion version or the english version.

And will there be an ip ban

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• junnertsejunnertse Member Posts: 4

International English Version, no banned IP , everyone are welcome to join this CB and OB test.

You can top up your point card via MOL point if you plan to purchase any item mall items.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

looks very interresting.

i will definitly take a loot at this.

reminds me of ragnarok online.

• khirmellkhirmell Member Posts: 40

Cool i've been eying to try this one.... Is it free to play?

• dma1dma1dma1dma1 Member Posts: 82

the game looks like fun

• dma1dma1dma1dma1 Member Posts: 82

wel i sign up. i hope i get in

• cherrytrixcherrytrix Member Posts: 7

This reminds me lots of Dragonica! O_o

This game is pretty cool. and its closer to ragnarok then dragonica, when does open beta start?

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

anyone got in?

• JyveTurkeyJyveTurkey Member UncommonPosts: 24

Hey everyone! I wasn't so sure at first myself but I saw another thread that said everyone was pretty much getting in.

So I signed up and downloaded the client. I didn't get any Closed Beta Key or anything in my email, and I logged into the game right away without any problems! And I gotta tell you, so far this game is already shaping up to be awesome (as far as grinding games go :P ). It's been a while since I've been interested in any online game other than Guild Wars, and I gotta say everyone should give this a try.

Game looks a little too kiddy at times though.... actually most of the time.... I'm embaressed to play this in front of some of my friends lol. Still fun though! =D Add Maple and maybe I'll seeya in-game!

• rejadrejad Member Posts: 346

Screenshots, maybe?  Don't even have any of the website.  I don't care how awesome the Malay artists that are a dime a dozen these days that do your concept drawings are, that's not the game.

hehe, its really  ragnarok in 3D.

but the char walks really really slow, and i hate, that you cant zoom out more.

• A.DantesA.Dantes Member Posts: 148

Best source of information I've found so far:

omochikaeri.wordpress.com/2009/07/08/eco-starting-out-and-features/ (Includes a link to decent descriptions of all the character classes)

Short form appears to be that its worth a look if you liked Ragnarok Online.  If you couldn't stand RO, don't bother.

• JyveTurkeyJyveTurkey Member UncommonPosts: 24

People who can't find pics on the site can always find them on google.com. That being said, yea there's a few problems like not being able to zoom out very far (god I hope they fix that static camera), and it moves a little slow but let's hope they add mounts at some point if they're not in there already.

That being said, it seems to be one of the best free MMORPGs out there right now (Atlantica Online excluded IMO), so you may as well try it. Heck, it's like only 1g which is nice nowadays... unless you suck and have dial-up. Just watch out for the loading screens they might make you have seizures via the grotesque and yet cute images.  =) Seeya in-game!

• Shard101Shard101 Member Posts: 479

OMG!1 I r so rdy fer this oness.. DOES IT HAVE A ITEM SHOP?

Ohh I am so readyzzzz

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

If it would be intressting dont you think they would show screenshots to attract more attention before people decide to download client?

• DiabloheadDiablohead Member Posts: 29

Playing this game with full settings is quite nice, the characters are lit and look great but the world itself is a tad bland, might change over time once more then 30 or so people are running around and the town becomes populated.

Quests so far are giving good ammounts of exp, and the beginning fully explains nearly everything. TBH it was a lot to read and do and I did skip a few people but I will go back and talk to them later on.

Overall so far the game is shaping up to be good fun, reminds me a lot of ragnarok right now and that is a good thing, plus we not seen any of the higher level stuff yet.

when does open beta start?

• helios188helios188 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by patrikd23

If it would be intressting dont you think they would show screenshots to attract more attention before people decide to download client?

isn't the screenshots just at the bottom of the website?

• DiabloheadDiablohead Member Posts: 29

I'm still playing but only now and again, if you like to explore and talk to every npc this game gives you a lot, it's taken me up untill now to figure out how to join a faction, the other day I only just became a swordsmen and i'm still only level 8 or so. Quests give you good exp but you can only do a certan ammount per level it seems, so don't waste your 3-4 quests on quick and easy ones as you will just have to grind the other 50% of your level.

I see lots of people running around with cool armours but i'm not that far yet, or I just dont know where to get my class armour from right now.

I will give it a few more days to see how it all turns out.