Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The opposite of WoW

IhmoteppIhmotepp Koolawachie, SCPosts: 14,495Member

Ok, I know this will never work, but still thought it was an interesting concept.

I like to play group games. I hated WoW, couldn't play it because the leveling part of the game was solo, which to me equals watching paint dry.

But, the solo players complain, because the end game is all group, mostly raiding.

DOesn't work for me anyway, because I like grouping, not raiding.

But, what if you did the opposite?

The early game is all grouping. Not ALL grouping, but enough grouping that solo lovers QQ forced grouping.

BUT, the end game is all solo, no more need for groups because you become so powerful at max level.

There are solo Mobs and Dungeons at max level, And PvP solo at max level.

Comments

• peglegpegleg OC, CAPosts: 203Member Uncommon

The Oppitsite of WoW was Fury. The game had no PvE and had no levels. It had a terribal PvP system and you can choose from odd skill sets and stuff. It fun and stuff but it kept crashing on me and they shutdown the game QQ.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• NicksdNicksd Gary, INPosts: 403Member

No, I would rather be forced to group for later content then at the start. Yes I said groups, not raids. Raids can die for all I care.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Koolawachie, SCPosts: 14,495Member
    Originally posted by Nicksd

No, I would rather be forced to group for later content then at the start. Yes I said groups, not raids. Raids can die for all I care.

I would like an end game that is all group content, not raids.

But if the leveling part was all solo, I'd never make it to the end game.

• NicksdNicksd Gary, INPosts: 403Member

I said at the start, not all leveling :p.

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Chicago, ILPosts: 2,268Member

CoX.

Groups to max level.  Then some high levels would solo a full party instance.   For max loot.

They do what you call padding an instance, get a full group, map out the instance for max spawns, then kick everyone out, then solo.

• joeballsjoeballs Boston, MAPosts: 161Member

Dungeons and Dragons Online is primarily a group oriented game, and it's going to be free to play with transactions very soon.

http://www.ddo.com/