Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much grinding that there's a botting feature

lath456lath456 Member Posts: 92

I understand the desire for devs to even the playing field between hardcore and casual gamers... but omg come on, built in bot support?  As I type this I have my char pounding away level 28... should be level 30 by the time I finish watching the entire 5th season of House while alt-tabbed.

In a MMORPG, why would you encourage people to bot for endless hours solo?  I don't get it.  My brains are not understanding this.  This isn't a game, it's more like a house plant; pretty to look at sometimes, give it a little attention every so often and it will pretty much grow on it's own.

I'll stick it out to 30 though... I'm curious to see what happens when the 1 skill I've used to level 1-30 becomes obsolete.

Comments

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

The botting feature you refer to is the Invigorater. It is a feature, from your post im of the impression because you give it, that its your only means of lvling you are using. If this is the case i see why your moaning as your missing other opportunitys. There are a multitude of ways to lvl in this game including questing like any other mmo. However where JD is different is it gives you other options to actually provide variety. Heres my tip for you, try the main quest lines and the daily ingame events, they provide good xp.

• GTesterGTester Member Posts: 1

The games realy not that good i got lvl 50 with a Vim

On doom bog server

It is monotonous unimaginative typical chinese grinder with a touch of eye candy

You cant afford item mall money your scrwed,Sure you can buy (jadeon) item mall gold with in game gold but....

In doing that you wont get the high end gear.Ffor that you are required 2 donate basically everything you get of monsters

to your faction for honor points  hence no money to buy gold

Its either level up high with out the honor points or crafting and be rich

Or have honor and crafting optimal but be poor

And there catch 22 profit strategy is...

You will need experience potions   You will need to buy there refine  fail safe  items

You will need to buy a 20$ skyblade lol just to even finish beginner quests

You will most likely buy there hit point replenishing potions also since will be so damn poor.

And not be able to by general health potion of the npc

Cons

the refine system is bad.It is possible to refine a weapon to max + 20 Yet all the weapons break at +3  definate +4

The quests details are bad

Player versus player sytsem is bad (pk) And leans more to the punishing pkr's

Pro's...Um Graphics are ok ^^

Some nice flashy cool looking martial arts but you will be botting the whole time or questing to enjoy them skills

Pvp after about lvl 50-70 that's if you are all twinked from there mall items.If not glhf peace and don't mess up your skill point allocations it cost 30$ to reset your skills thanks to there misinterpretation of them.

Sorry for the typos my Kboards playin up.

• slavkecslavkec Member Posts: 20

This game is almost (99%) as same as Ether Saga online. The difference is that characters in this game look more mature than in ESO. Grinding, quests with mobs counting separately, even the freaking clouds and pets are same. If you like ESO (grind till you bleed) you'll like this one cause behind this "serious" looking graphics is the same crap in hiding.

• RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90

stoped after discover that the PVP is pot spamming

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by slavkec

This game is almost (99%) as same as Ether Saga online. The difference is that characters in this game look more mature than in ESO. Grinding, quests with mobs counting separately, even the freaking clouds and pets are same. If you like ESO (grind till you bleed) you'll like this one cause behind this "serious" looking graphics is the same crap in hiding.

completely agree with your comment.

• KonishiiKonishii Member Posts: 1

Try playing a little bit longer. this game has a few... "worth it" unique features for a F2P game IMO.

I dislike the invigorate system; however since being a Modo you have to be level 150 before you can call yourself Bad ass Its not a bad idea to have bots (aka Esper invigorate), The devs saw this.

Oh and btw when its your job to develop, and manage a MMORPG you look for ways to make money Along with ways to make people happy.

So in the end, they get gamers hooked and they get their money.

That was the goal and it seems to be accomplished.

Compared to some other martial art game failures I say Jade Dynasty is a win, for now...

For GTester,

what did you do, get Plvled to 50? seems like you missed a lot....

Money, shit don't sell any MATS to npc's keep all of them and sell them for "cheap" to people.

For rep you donate provisions, or if you want money just sell most of them. Bot for like 2 hours or so on some mobs and you can get 200 grade 2-3 provisions... maybe not all the time, but i did.

eventually you MUST craft, well i guess its not a must but if you have any gaming skill you will start crafting...

those "beginner quest" are not really beginner quest. i know a few that you must be talking about.

if you do the quest at low levels you get like a few pill packs or something,  not sure actually but after a few levels you got enough money for health/spirit potions... and if you dont just stop playing mmorpgs please!

in the end, IF you want an easy game, play EA games or something for consoles. not MMORPG's.

and its a F2P game so of course its got flaws.

Any who thats just my worthless opinion, frankly im getting tired of lame gamers complaining over these things.

• MCLustt910MCLustt910 Member Posts: 42

There is no Esper Invigorate botting anymore.

• CatInBootsCatInBoots Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by MCLustt910

There is no Esper Invigorate botting anymore.

Do you even play the game?

As I said in the other post Im on the game right now at at this very moment I am using Invigorate. It has NOT been removed and there is no talk even of removing it.

Its there and working just fine.

• beavermonkbeavermonk Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by GTester

The games realy not that good i got lvl 50 with a Vim
    On doom bog server
    It is monotonous unimaginative typical chinese grinder with a touch of eye candy
    You cant afford item mall money your scrwed,Sure you can buy (jadeon) item mall gold with in game gold but....
    In doing that you wont get the high end gear.Ffor that you are required 2 donate basically everything you get of monsters
    to your faction for honor points  hence no money to buy gold
    Its either level up high with out the honor points or crafting and be rich
    Or have honor and crafting optimal but be poor
    And there catch 22 profit strategy is...
    You will need experience potions   You will need to buy there refine  fail safe  items
     You will need to buy a 20$ skyblade lol just to even finish beginner quests
     You will most likely buy there hit point replenishing potions also since will be so damn poor.
    And not be able to by general health potion of the npc
    Cons
    the refine system is bad.It is possible to refine a weapon to max + 20 Yet all the weapons break at +3  definate +4
    The quests details are bad
    Player versus player sytsem is bad (pk) And leans more to the punishing pkr's

Pro's...Um Graphics are ok ^^
    Some nice flashy cool looking martial arts but you will be botting the whole time or questing to enjoy them skills
    Pvp after about lvl 50-70 that's if you are all twinked from there mall items.If not glhf peace and don't mess up your skill point allocations it cost 30$ to reset your skills thanks to there misinterpretation of them.
    Sorry for the typos my Kboards playin up.

This guy don't know what he was talking about. There is a free skysword just like in PW that lasts for 3 days.  The only thing you have to do is jump up to the third lvl of this tower which most people cannot do untill lvl 75 when they get the skill called Charge lvl 3- You could also make a female character and just ask around town for a male char to lift you up. You also can buy these portal charms and get someone to place it up there for you and go right there somehow never done that way myself.
    As for refining and crafting. It's super easy.  When my character was lvl 30 I was using a +7.. No item mall usage.
    Sometimes you just got to keep pusing. If you be all negative like him its surprising if you get past lvl 5. I am in my lvl 70s and am the most perfectly content I have ever been in any mmorpg. Who the hell cares if the game comes with a built in bot- That you can tell to pick up certain particular mats or items and leave the crap behind. If your looking for a new fun game with a different feel to it than PW or any of them cookie cutter games with repetative gameplay then try Jade Dynasty. Its a 10/10

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

That's another fine example of how misleading, ignorant and full of shit is a review written by a noob that seems uncapable of understanding what's going on in that game can be.

JD is by far the easiest MMO I've ever played; it has no grinding at all simply because it has a fully functional auto bot that allows you to train your toon for hours without your eyes glued to the PC monitor. You can set it up to use skills, auto pot, what monsters to kill and so on. As a beginner you will alo receive a free HP battery that will keep you going until reaching lvl 30 or so. In addition to taht you get free 2 hours of double xp every day + 8 hours of buffs that give increased attack & def. Further more, you get free armor sets up to lvl 90 (out of 150).
    CS items do help but are no mandatoy in any way, and most important: you can exchange in game gold fo real cash (jadens) wo you don't actually need to spend a dime to get the cs items.
    Don't believe this idiot, he/she has no clue whatsoever about JD.
    To be continued...

Ok, so here's more info regarding JD:

1. classes/jobs/races/etc - In JD the are currently 5 factions, each with their own skills. At lvl 15 you get a quests that will allow you to choose any of the 5. The good thing about JD's system is that not only each faction is interesting to play on its own, but most important each of the 5 is viable and competitive, so there's no "choose only that X class or you're gimped". Some have AOEs, other don't; lupins have insane crits (they're the equivalent or assassin/rogue from other MMOs), while Vims have overall very good defence and hp (aka the tanks of JD). As I've already tried to explain, JD's factions have similarities with the usual classes you may encounter in an MMO, but they also have their own thing.

2. skills - in JD once you join a faction you get access to a specific skill tree; the good thing about it is that each faction has enough tricks in their bags to neutralize some of the skills you normally hate when used against you in an MMO, such as stuns, sleep, and so on. Some can stun, others have a buff or defuff to hold that attack, so in the end all are pretty balanced and each faction has its own moment of glory throughout the game, so you might suck at a low lvl, but pwn like a pro as a high lvl.
    In addition to the normal faction tree (which after completing some quests with increasing difficulty allows you the access to new skill trees) you have the tome system, which is a separate set of skills that either reinforce your character (lots of passive skills, buffs and so on) or the effect of some attack skills, making those even powerful.
    However you get only a limited number of skill points as you lvl up so you have to be careful how you allocate them.
    Last, but not least, you can also craft charms, which are some items that give additional HP & SP points, but most important, they also raise the eefect of a specific tome skill.

3. esper/auto bot - this is one of the coolest features of the game.
    It's an item that will allow you to auto grind (you can set it up to auto pot for you at specific periods of time, let you use various skills while afk killing, can choose to target normal mobs, elites, bosses, quest only and so on; further more, you can make a list with what specific items to pick up or not - which is important 'cause you have a limited bag); each esper has also its own skills and can be upgraded. You can also add various tags that will add a specific effect while using the esper (like increased def, attack, evasion, etc)and also bloodsmelt it to obtain a more powerful one with additional stats (orange stats). It's way too complex to fully explain the whole esper system in a few words, you'll have plenty of time to test it if you're gonna join JD.

4. quests - JS is a MMO focused on quest xp rather than grinding xp; there are tones of quests (some are mandatory) that give various rewards, from gold to xp, valuable items and cool titles. They are structured on categories (mandatory, classic, voyage, etc). Those will keep you busy for a long time. At higher lvls you get less of these, but you get instead the sleepless one, which basically gives a substantial xp boost for killing specific mobs. Some of these quests can be repeated, some are one time only, others will pop out only when doing certain activities or at some specific game time; some are challenges that are timed. You will love or hate the famous "jumping quests" :) Anyway, you get the picture ;)

5. events - in addition to the normal quests and grinding, you have weekly and daily events. Some are for xp rewards, some are for money. Most popular are Crisis, the Astrals, the Fishing Mastery and the Books event. some can be soloed, other require a party. Not mandatory, but definitively fun ;)

6. pvp/pk - JD currently has 3 servers, each having 15 realms. 75% are PvE realms, the rest are open PvP. In the PvP ones you can kill any other player, but if that player is a hite name you will get infamy points (1 infamy point = 2 hours of pink/red name). If you're a pink or red name there's a chance to drop an item at random. Don't worry, most things are bound on player (if you're using the free armor sets). Pink/red names can also be killed in any PvE realms while they can't respond *that's why most of them once they go pink/red just wait in safe zones). In PvE realms you can't attack other players (unless they're pink/red names) but you can duel other players on request (no penalty) and there's also more organized PvP, such as alliance wars.

7. clan/alliance - in JD you can join a clan (guild); clans have some specific skills (increased hp, xp, etc) than can be upgrade. More clans can form an alliance (these can also be upgraded). Alliances can perform alliance wars, battle forts, and so on. JD encourages organised PvP rather than random ganking - there's also a prison for the ppl than tend to exagerate with random killings. There are various ranks for clans / alliances and even personal player ranks.

Pfff....more to be added soon about: mounts, skyblades, crafting, refining, honor, and so on - as you can see, there's a lot to alk about - and that's only the tip of the eisberg :)

That was no review. Simply sick of seeing alot of lil wack kids crying about stuff they know nothing about. If you dont like my post then blow it out your ass. It was my personal opion which I am entitled to. I think mmorpg needs to start being adult only or something I am sick of being flamed everytime I make a post by some lil kid who thinks he mature beyond his years. Go do your monkey bud !! 

[]Deace OUT Nigz

Originally posted by beavermonk

That was no review. Simply sick of seeing alot of lil wack kids crying about stuff they know nothing about. If you dont like my post then blow it out your ass. It was my personal opion which I am entitled to. I think mmorpg needs to start being adult only or something I am sick of being flamed everytime I make a post by some lil kid who thinks he mature beyond his years. Go do your monkey bud !! 

[]Deace OUT Nigz

How can you possibly call someone else a kid, when you talk like that?  "[]Deace OUT Nigz" did you just come from ebonics 101 or something?

State your case but if your going to flame someone else for "sounding" like a "lil kid" you should at least try not to sound like one yourself.

I am sounding like myself what do you want me to do sound fake? If you dont like my culture dont read and most of all dont seek attention in my thread

I am sounding like myself what do you want me to do sound fake? If you dont like my culture dont read and most of all dont seek attention in my thread

Maybe he is just sounding like his-self aswell. Either way you sounded no more childish than the did. Maybe you shouldnt seek attention by flaming other people.

[]Deace OUT Nigz

So who are you: lath456 or GTester? :)
    I don't tend to believe someone who hasn't managed to reach at least half of the game content when talking about how good or bad that game is. And considering the powerleveling the high lvl players grant ppl might hit 50 (which is still only 1/3 to level cap) without actually spending any time playing and learning the game on their own, so of course they're clueless and pissed off. You can get any item from the cash shop without spending a dime of your real money and game gold is easy to get after reaching higher lvl maps and doing some daily events. A lvl 80 - 90 player can normally make at least 100G a day (if you're not able to reach that than something is wrong with your char) which is more than enough to get pots, good gear and still make a good profit. I have spent so far zero real money on the game and still I own several mounts, cash shop pets, fashion outfits and well refined gear. It's not that difficult if you really put some work into it.

Anyway, I'm back with the rest of the info I've promised:

a). MOUNTS - so far these are cash shop items only; rumors say once a certain NPC will be in game ppl will be able to get a free timed mount, but we'll have to waity and see whether that's true or not. You can currently choose betwen 4 "normal" mounts (these are always available in the shop): frog, bull, ligera, and the horse type one. In addition to these you can also get a so called "rare" mount - these come from special lottery boxes as 1st prizes. Not many of these are currently in game and those lottery boxes are sold for a limited period of time. The important thing about mounts is that they all have the same moving speed (+6.00). It's important because some cost more than others so it's only a matter of looks & personal taste to choose which to buy, it won't affect its performance. Once you use them they become bound on player (it's not possible for the moment to unbound them). Mounts will take you faster to various sport and hunting grounds and become almost mandatory from lvl 90 up (due to your esper starting to consume energy). The main difference between these and the skyblades is that you can fight while mounted (and also using skills).
    There are still a ton of those to be added in the future, including flying mounts (phoenix, dragon, etc).

b). SKYBLADE - the name is self explanatory: it's a sword which flies. Bu using it you gain access to certain areas and NPCs that are unreacheable (or very difficult to) otherwise. You can't fight on a skyblade and also can't use any skills. It's good to fly you over aggro mobs, makes the jumping quests easier to finish and...looks cool :) Skyblades, unlike mounts, can be upgraded by gaining proficiency points which ultimately makes them move faster and also changes its apprearance. So far you can either buy them from the game's cash shop (currently available: glister & onyx fury; the clous shuttle is not available anymore, it was a rare prize from one of the 1st gambling boxes. These require lvl 45 to to use them) or take the "skyblade quest" that will give you a free 3 days skyblade (the quest can be repeated 1 per week).

c). REFINE/IMBUE - there are 2 ways to enhance the stats of your armor set & weapon.
    - refine: will enhance specific attributes of your armor set (armor = def, helm = spirit, boots = hp); refine will also make your gear glow. The maximum + is (in theory) 20, so far ppl were able to refine up to +10. If you fail to refine an item it breaks. There are some items in the cash shop that are supposed to help you not break the items (the sigils grant 100% success but it costs a fortune to use them on gear so they're not worth, these will prolly be needed for the deity gear; the rest of the items will eiter add a percentage of succes - 15% or prevent the loss of the item bu downgrading it 1 refine lvl).
    - imbue: you can use various talismans to add certain bonuses to your gear (hp, evasion, def, attack, resistances, etc). It's a much cheaper and easier process than refining and if you fail you won't break the item, it just resets to the initial value befire imbuing).

d). CRAFTING - there are a lot of things that can be crafted (armor sets, weapons, charms, pet gear, rare items, etc). In order to craft you first need to complete an easy beginner quest. After that it's only a matter of gathering all the necessary mats (these are common mob drops and the market is flooded with them so they're very easy to come by; NPC shops also sell them) and recipes. You don't need to go to a certain area or NPC to craft so doing it on the fly (while grinding for ex) is possible. It takes a lot of work to get to higher crafting lvls but it's well worth since the higher you go, the more money you'll make (it's one of the most important sources of money making).

e). PETS - every player gets a free pet (either a dryadling or a woody pig). These pets can fight and help you kill mobs and after reaching lvl 30 they can also gather various mats and use them in workshops to make pet gear and stuff. The pet system is pretty complex, it involves various start signs that determin their attributes; they also have random skills so even if you're using a free pet while others have cash shop one, you can still be the owner of a better one. In order to use a pet you frist need to tame it the tame master. Pets need belly refilling food. They grow both in lvl and grade. After reaching a certain grade lvl (12 and 18) they change appearance. In order to achieve that you need to train them with special jade pieces (leash) that will enhance various attributes and make them grow (either by doing the "free lunch" quest or by using celebeans). It's a long and expensive process to make a pet fully evolve, but IMO it's wort hdoing it, cause you'll end up with a powerful companion (I've seen some high lvl players getting KO'ed by some fully grown stonus). Pet can wear their own special pet armor sets and they....talk :) (what they're gonna say to you depends on their civility...some are very loving and curtenious, while others are cocky and rude...even cursing a lot).
    In addition to the free pet you can also buy some sort of improved looking pet from Totto (they cost 120G though) or from the cash shop (stonus protector - a golem type pet & kuzge - a rat). There's also a fairy that pops from time to time in the player shops (it was a prize from one of the first lottery boxes).

Well, as you can see there are a lot of things to be learned about the game and a ton of stuff to do. I've merely scratched the surface, really. That's why the game has that esper/bot system implemented: so that you would be able to grind while you're away from the computer and have the rest of the time to enjoy JD's content. In addition to what I've presented here there are a number of daily and weekly events that will keep you busy. Some grant huge chunks of xp, other will prove to be money making machines :) Leveling IMO is pretty fast, considering the game has been in OB for about 2 months and there are a lot of 120 - 130 lvl players (lvl cap is 150). There is also a cool feature to be implemented later on: the ascension system. Once a player reaches lvl 135 (max being recommended) he/she can choose to reborn, which means starting over from lvl 15, but with greatly improved stats, access to completely new skill trees, special deity (and more) gear sets, special mounts, etc.
    On a more personal side note, the thing I like the best about JD is that all the things and features of the game are well connected; there is a reason for each part of the game so it's not just something to be thrown in there. For ex: in JD you can fish - ok, nothing special so far, this is a common feature in asian MMOs. But here's the JD twist: after reaching lvl 45 you can enter the Fishing Mastery competition (daily event); this event can make you rich (if you manage to catch the 1st or the 2nd prize fishes) but in order to fully take advantage of that you need to improve your fishing skills (by getting some special titles for delivering certain books that drop during the event); further more, you can obtain seconday quests from some items that you can fish there or extra xp for delivering a special type of fish. So let's say fishing is not you thing.....then you'd like to let other players to see how good you really are? Then start your ascension in the JD ranks (honor, lvl, piety, culture, charity, wealth, romance, etc). If you manage to be in the very top you'll start to receive honor gems (wekly) and those will grant you access to special honor and deity gear (see how these connect?).
    Or maybe you're a true romantic and wanna find your other half in game! You can even get married! Sounds silly? Well, not really, 'cause married coupled get access to a special set of quests ;)
    Or maybe you're the true warrior type...how about joining a clan? I know, almost every single MMO has a guild system. The difference is in JD there's a purpose in it and how successful your clan/alliance is depends entirely on your work & determination. So, why creating or joining a clan? Well, first of all you get access to some special clan skills. In order to make those more powerful you'll have to finish some special quests. In order to make your class grow you'll have to donate some specific items. In order to get renown for your clan you will have to complete special quests in all the game maps as a group. You can also gain personal renown in the clan by donating and you also gain access to some specific clan and alliance quests. More clans can form alliances (tha can also grow and get renown and power like like I've previously explained); alliances can go to war against each other or participate in fort battles (these will give great prizez, including rare mounts); but to enter a fort battle an alliance needs to reach a certain lvl (which means a ton of construction points) and will have to pay a certain fee (rumors say 150G).
    So you see, it takes a lot of both collective and personal effort to reach high end content and become powerful in game. The system gives a goal and purpose to ppl, it's not just something that's been implemented 'cause it's something any MMO has, the JD's devs actually took the time to develop a strong concept around all these cool features.
    If you wanna find out more just download the game and try it for yourself. Who knows, you might even end up loving it :)

• unimatrix8unimatrix8 Member Posts: 107

First of all before you speak on being fake, and someone not liking your culture learn and respect the culture first. Its little idiots like you that make our whole entire race look bad. The little pretend thugs and wanna be gansters, i suggest you do a little reading and researching into the African American culture, and im not talking about that crap on BET. Maybe than you will learn something, and have more respect for your culture and not some fake ass hip hop artist

• PsyhoMirPsyhoMir Member UncommonPosts: 23

I will never understand how someone can judge a game when he get lvl 50 when max is 150 (?), propably OP made His lvl only using Esper, so He dont know this game really...

• LadyAraushneeLadyAraushnee Member Posts: 20

God help me for posting in a new forum.

But the game and arguments here interest me.

First my thoughts on the game.

With the ability to bot, I have to say its the only reason I like it.  I never in a million years thought a mmo would do such a thing.  Its a nice change for those of us with really busy lives and little time to play .  I have played mmo's for so long I'm sick of them all cause I have to grind. I don't have the time or willpower to do the same thing over and over again.  So I like the game even with its faults.  I generally don't touch a game that has little customization or the same boring grinding and quests. This one I have and I think I'll be playing it for a while.  I've been dieing for any mmo I do not have to grind in and here it is.  This may not be the perfect fix for grinding, but I think it is for me.  I do wish the process of leveling could go a bit faster, but I'm patient.  No more loseing sleep because of an mmo adiction for me.  I might actually get to max level in one of these games for once.  So the fact that all I have to do is wait and I will get to max level negates the fact the rest of the game needs some serious work (imo).  And just because this is a game for me, does not make it a game for everybody.

Now as far as the argument through this thread, I half to say I this is why I generally never post in forums.  Someone attacks someone, then that someone attempts to defend themselves; however the defense also ended up as an attack.... and it is attack after attack after attack.  What's new? This is how forums are.  This is how mmo's are.  People feel far more comfortable insulting one another behind a safe little computer.  Yea it would be great if these places were not so childish.  I just learn if I say anything, that I will get flame, and it is best just not to say anything back because there will only be more flame and you make yourself look only worse. I also don't generally read replies anymore. Yes, it is sad.  It would be a much better place if people started respecting one another, but I doubt that will happen. In no way are my above comments favoring any specific party.

Well I'm going back to playing this game and watching the 3rd season of stargate atlantis.

Peace please. 

• SaraLynneSaraLynne Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by dragulea

I don't tend to believe someone who hasn't managed to reach at least half of the game content when talking about how good or bad that game is.  [snip]

New player experiences are important.  If the early game is boring/stupid/annoying/whatever, it's priceless information.  If it's not fun within the first half of the game content, why should I force myself to reach the other half?  I'm thankful for people who post their new player experiences in threads like this -- saving me time and hard drive space. :P