Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: PvP Survival Guide

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

First time Age of Conan Correspondent Garrett Perkins writes this guide to PvP in Funcom's brutal MMO.

The Age of Conan PvP servers are some of the most brutal around. Adrenaline pumped skirmishes, fights decided by an inch of health and gut busting world battles are a common occurrence. On the other hand, however, there are dark sides to the PvP: Getting jumped by a group more than twice your size, hate spam and getting kept at the spawn point (Rez pad) can and will happen to anyone. That's what this guide is for. Some tips tricks and strategies to keep you off of the rez pad and enjoying the game! The guide is broken down into three parts: Before the battle, during the battle and after the battle.

Let's say you are about to go to scenic White Sands Island, each section will give you hints and tips on what to do before, during and after you enter the zone.

Read the PvP Survival Guide

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• ShadowsladyShadowslady Member UncommonPosts: 148

what a joke. The combat system is unique and amazing with the combos and whatnot, but the PvP is a joke. You die? so what, get up and move on? don't like the person, change to a different instance, use your azura recall. there is no chance for griefing your mortal enemy. There is no loss for your enemy when you kill him or her. There is no loss on your part when they kill you.

Pointless Doom esque PvP.

Shadowlord Sage
    CmdrAkbar

Napa Valley, UO, 1997.

• Draogan122Draogan122 Member Posts: 61

I haven't really encountered a gank squad yet, although Hide comes in handy for avoiding those.

@Shadowslady: I think it's just for fun.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

Hey, I really like the article! Gonna save it for when I start playing! I have experience in WoW PvP server and from what I read in your article it seems AoC has many improvements and possibilities.