Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of Changes Since Release

2»

Comments

• AarinakAarinak Member UncommonPosts: 69

Wow... great work, awesome list! I quit before TSO came out, and I am definitely giving EQ2 another try. PST to Aarinak on Everfrost :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Shadows enhanced 06/16/09

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/LU52

A new shadow system has been implemented for the game.

This new system uses your graphics card to build the shadows rather than your CPU and it comes with a few extras as well.

Using the shadow mapping technique and 3.0 Shaders we’re now able to cast softer shadows, fade shadows, and cast dynamic shadows from trees, plants, feathers, and more! The new system fixes a few shadowing glitches found in certain armor sets and self-shadowing and depending on your computer’s settings may also significantly improve performance.

monthly mushroom ring events with rewards of fluff items

-- occurs around the 20th of each month when theres a full moon

EQ2 Traders overview:  Moonlight Enchantments

eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

i was former eq2 player from the launch and i have returned this week , amazing game. superb changes, playing atm and having better feelings than in launch .. re subbing for sure

btw, what is that new window that opens when engaged with a 100 inside? :P something related to HO?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Drughi

i was former eq2 player from the launch and i have returned this week , amazing game. superb changes, playing atm and having better feelings than in launch .. re subbing for sure

btw, what is that new window that opens when engaged with a 100 inside? :P something related to HO?

It's the new hate meter :)

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

lol

100 = bad 

xD got it xD

GU53

- new exp bar slider

- can lower your level without mentoring

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Update:53

You can now put adventure experience into the achievement pool from level 10 and higher by adjusting the slider in the achievement window.

* A number of mysterious erudites have set up in Qeynos, Freeport, Neriak, Gorowyn, and Kelethin. Any player level 20 or higher can speak to them and for a small fee temporarily lower their adventuring level.

* This works similarly to mentoring except:

o You do not need a mentoring target.

o You can only choose levels in increments of 5 (10, 15, 20, etc).

o You do not receive the bonuses granted from mentoring other players (currently you receive a very large bonus to AA gain while mentoring another player, this is not granted by the Chronomagic system).

* The chronomagic will last until cancelled (right-click on your nameplate or /unmentor). Once cancelled, you must return to any Timeless Chronomage to reactivate the effect Additionally, 37 new missions have been added that work similar to The Shadow Odyssey’s daily doubles. They task players with slaying various bosses within zones of all levels throughout Norrath And, of course, these missions reward players with an array of exciting new items!

• schizmarkschizmark Member Posts: 6

I've been back for a week or two, and I'm really glad I came, but I'm trying to figure out if the game's a little too easy solo, or I've just gotten better at gaming.  My 61 conjuror is now able to take on mobs as high as 68, and win handily.  Is that normal, or is he just better tweaked than I realized? I know it's off the inital topic. Sorry. I like the original post though, and I definitely vote /sticky.

There...I said something; now be quiet while I kill this.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

I wish they kept the access requirements for certain instances.  That was fun getting the key.  It reminded me of old EQ. 

Also, that makes ppl have to group if they want in to that instance, and the instance is for grouping anyway so it is a good intro for ppl.

I really hope EQNext has all these quests and the housing they have in EQ1 as well as BEASTLORDS!!!

• lordzelmanlordzelman Member Posts: 124

pie

not a feature but worth documenting

http://eq2wire.com/2011/12/08/returning-players-grandfathered-characters/

*Every* character that was created before 12/06/2011 at 12:01 am will be grandfathered in without race or class restriction. This means that regardless of your membership level, you will be able to play any character created before 12/6 without paying for race- or class-pack unlocks.

adding this info for whomever is unsure about what content is available to new players

EQ2 gives all players 6 expansions for free

Base game through Sundered Frontier :  90 levels of content

2 expansions are not included

Destiny of Velious -  $20.00 on Station Store,  and not needed unless you are level 86+

Age of Discovery - $40.00 but this has no content, AOD added Beastlord class and mercenaries

9th expansion is due November 2012 and will hopefully decrease the price of AOD

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Nadia

adding this info for whomever is unsure about what content is available to new players

EQ2 gives all players 6 expansions for free

Base game through Sundered Frontier :  90 levels of content

2 expansions are not included

Destiny of Velious -  $20.00 on Station Store,  and not needed unless you are level 86+

Age of Discovery - $40.00 but this has no content, AOD added Beastlord class and mercenaries

9th expansion is due November 2012 and will hopefully decrease the price of AOD

and dungeon maker.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    I tried game again and guess what?!  Pleasant surprise, game is awesome with so many new things to do and probably the game with best looking mounts.
  • ET3DET3D Member UncommonPosts: 325
    I just discovered that many of the restrictions on Free and Silver accounts have been lifted in March. Free and Silver now have access to all classes and races, all bag and shared bank slots, and no quest limitation. This should make playing free more fun. (The limitations on gear, spell level, etc. are still in effect.)