Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best PvP game?

solidioussolidious Member Posts: 10

hey, am lookin for a new good MMO with the best PvP system ingame. in past have played Diablo2/Legend of mir/DaoC/warhammer, and D2/daoc had best pvp ingame that i enjoyed, i enjoyed warhammer too was thinking of returning to it to give it another shot.

basically am lookin for a game that isnt PvE based, and has very good PvP but doesnt wait till the endgame to enjoy it. Any Recommendations? no WoW tho.

Comments

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786
    Originally posted by solidious

hey, am lookin for a new good MMO with the best PvP system ingame. in past have played Diablo2/Legend of mir/DaoC/warhammer, and D2/daoc had best pvp ingame that i enjoyed, i enjoyed warhammer too was thinking of returning to it to give it another shot.
    basically am lookin for a game that isnt PvE based, and has very good PvP but doesnt wait till the endgame to enjoy it. Any Recommendations? no WoW tho.

I haven't tried the PvP in Aion yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. 

Mortal Online should have some great PvP as well, although I don't know if that's exactly what you're looking for.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

You dont like first person shooters?

Sounds like your looking for a fps style game with swords.

But off the top of my head...go try guild wars (isnt gw2 suppose to be comming soon?)

max level is 20, its f2p after you buy the game (and its countless expansions) and its pretty much a complete pvp game

so try guildwars or a fps..

• KirinShadowKirinShadow Member Posts: 50

Guild wars is highly pvp-centric, and you can create characters solely for PVP that start at level 20 (Since you have virtually no skills unlocked when doing this, it is not recommended, but it's handy later on when you just want to roll a toon and jump into an arena.) 

Age of Conan's got open world pvp, a-la diablo with no hostile-off option, but it also has high system requirements, and I haven't seen much since the latest patch came out, so whether or not it's got much going for it in the late game remains to be seen.

Warhammer is definitely one of your primary choices if you want to pvp from start to finish, but you've already played that so I'm not going beyond that here.

Lastly for pay games, I know you're too good for it or whatever, but WoW will have the sort of thing you're looking for as of patch 3.2. If you just want to level in organized pvp (Like 90% of warhammer did when I played it), then WoW will be approximately the same game WAR was.with a slightly broader set of gameplay options if you ever decide you want to do something outside of the battlegrounds.

On the free side, I would have recommended Fury if it hadn't died. Rakion is very similar to what you are looking for, strictly arena battling with character progression.

--------------------------
    Society: Reaching new lows every day.

• rr2realrr2real Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by KirinShadow

Guild wars is highly pvp-centric, and you can create characters solely for PVP that start at level 20 (Since you have virtually no skills unlocked when doing this, it is not recommended, but it's handy later on when you just want to roll a toon and jump into an arena.) 
    Age of Conan's got open world pvp, a-la diablo with no hostile-off option, but it also has high system requirements, and I haven't seen much since the latest patch came out, so whether or not it's got much going for it in the late game remains to be seen.

Warhammer is definitely one of your primary choices if you want to pvp from start to finish, but you've already played that so I'm not going beyond that here.

Lastly for pay games, I know you're too good for it or whatever, but WoW will have the sort of thing you're looking for as of patch 3.2. If you just want to level in organized pvp (Like 90% of warhammer did when I played it), then WoW will be approximately the same game WAR was.with a slightly broader set of gameplay options if you ever decide you want to do something outside of the battlegrounds.
    On the free side, I would have recommended Fury if it hadn't died. Rakion is very similar to what you are looking for, strictly arena battling with character progression.

when is this wow 3.2 patch coming? i like the idea of lvling off of pvp but WAR just didn't do it for me

• Default101Default101 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Ahh yes, Rakion. This is one of my favorite games, and is exactly the sort of thing alot of people are looking for. However, Lag, exploits and a ridiculously unbalanced cash shop have all but ruined it. It is still fun every now and then though.

I keep waiting for Softnyx to sell the rights to this game to a company like Ijji (as they did with Gunbound). With some work, it could be excellent.