Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to compete with Item Mall junkies?

Thinkin about pickin this up and giving it another try.

Things is I don't want to waste hours playing this and then end up fighting someone who spent more money therefore crushes me np.

Comments

• CaptAntillusCaptAntillus Member Posts: 58

A simple answer would be a no. No, you cannot be competitive against a IM junkie.

If I go deeper into this, the answer could be a maybe. if you are a hardcore player and have a very good PC, then you can try to match full IM users.

The way of doing this is running many alt accounts. While you are afk leveling your land weapon, you can make merch quests with merchant alts to get you money.  When you are leveling things that can´t be leveled afk(like seabattle or eloquence), have other alts to mine, log and fish semi-afk.

if you develop some side business (making clothes, for exemple) you can let a crafter in a stall selling mid level uniforms(the most profitable, imho) while you play.

With the whole money you make, you can buy IM stuff with in-game money(you´ll have to chose carefully what you buy) and try to match the IM heavy spenders.

But that is all theory. I am spending a significant  amount of money every month and cannot even think to match the big IM rats.

• SpirusSpirus Member Posts: 10

Well i play vco and have dragon equipment and am not an item mall junkie. There is a point in the game where IM DOESN"T REALLY COUNT.

• Mike215Mike215 Member Posts: 6

Only if you are rich guy ..or have no life but games ..and can farm boss's to sell / trade to rich guys.

• vip666vip666 Member Posts: 7

yes you can.

with new patches and job gear its easier to farm npc mobs.

as said if you have a good pc .. with instructor quests you het yourself a merch fleet in no time. 2 lvl 10 ships + noobboat (dragon head boat) or 4 lower ships. depending on your machine can make a 100 mil daily EASY. aven big boys dont have steady 100 mil income per day.

so answer is:

yes you can but for you it takes longer. IM junkie can and will up himself fast, he gets items bought by IM so yeah you are behind.

at one point you are equal.

new patch that comes needs even more ingame silver. that means you have silver, they have items. level 5 maps will cost 9,6 mils per try, the ones that are playing and ahve tried level 4 maps at 3,75 know what amount of silver we are talking to get the treasures :)) so yes this game can be played at high levels without any real money input.

• CaptAntillusCaptAntillus Member Posts: 58

Let´s put it that way: if you have a fine computer, that can run 12 accounts. If you have like 14/16 hours/day to dedicate yourself to VCO. Yes, you can compete with IM junkies.

Because on five accounts you will run your merchant convoy, doing Merchant quests. In another four, you will have your raw material alts, miner, logger, farmer and fisher. In two accounts you will do you merchant alts, running quests to level eloquence. And in the last one, you will run your main toon, doing quests to level every skill up to level 61, then grinding afk the rest. Doning this 14/16 hours a day, you may have money enough to face the big IM spenders.

• KeeperMciKeeperMci Member Posts: 1

Hi guys,

Been playing this game for a long time now and I can for sure say  YES YOU CAN !!!!

If you realy like the game and you are up to date in new things watch for events, good in buying selling things you can make a great deal of in game money (silver). The best thing about VCO is that the Item mall items in great deal are tredebele so you can always buy from IM players the things you need , and even if it is not tradeble the comunity is sooo great that you can trust the players mith millions of silvers for a transaction and they will not exploit your trust. Just yesterday I bought an  Auto planting kard for 70 million silvers. I payd in front , eith no worries if the seller would mail me the item or not. Thats just great.

All in all ... if you like MMORPG's , and you are willing to make a little effort to learn new things TRY IT ! Its free so....

P.S. If you like games with High Seas , ships, pirates, treasures, then you will 100% LoVe This GaMe !

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by KeeperMci

Hi guys,

Been playing this game for a long time now and I can for sure say  YES YOU CAN !!!!

If you realy like the game and you are up to date in new things watch for events, good in buying selling things you can make a great deal of in game money (silver). The best thing about VCO is that the Item mall items in great deal are tredebele so you can always buy from IM players the things you need , and even if it is not tradeble the comunity is sooo great that you can trust the players mith millions of silvers for a transaction and they will not exploit your trust. Just yesterday I bought an  Auto planting kard for 70 million silvers. I payd in front , eith no worries if the seller would mail me the item or not. Thats just great.

All in all ... if you like MMORPG's , and you are willing to make a little effort to learn new things TRY IT ! Its free so....

P.S. If you like games with High Seas , ships, pirates, treasures, then you will 100% LoVe This GaMe !

1 post. Obviously brought to you by the owner of the game.

No, there is no way in Hell that you can compete with someone who spends thousands of dollars a month (look at the mall for prices). You do realize that it costs hundreds of dollars to buy better armor for your ship, and "that" armor degrades so you have to keep buying it.

If you could compete with people who spend thousands and tens of thousands of dollars in the game then why would you pay tens of thousands of dollars? And would you keep paying if some free player could beat you?

That being said, if they got rid of the item mall and charged a flat fee per month, the game would be much more popular. It's not a bad game, it's just a greedy game.

• DougallDougall Member Posts: 32

yes at the time of the 1st poster it was easy to compete not anymore it`s a heavy item mall game now,,,,,,,,,,,necro much ?

• stbudimistbudimi Member Posts: 2

I can only say  a few things.

DONT PLAY THIS GAME!!!!

becus this game just stolen mix of other games

this game is full of bugs and crashes, they still been not fixed for years

IGG is a pretty money greedy company, they dont care about balance and fairness, they adding more and more powerfull IM stuff wich can cost about 500$ and more lol

and u cannot beat harcore IM user, unless u spend by ur self thousends of dollar, to get great gear,

to able to kill high lvl bosses for money and stuff, ather of course u can play without IM

but i'll tell this game dont worth to spend ur money and live.

there are more better games to play :)

• rooeyrooey Member Posts: 11

Have been playing VC for about 2 months now - great game!  i am level 33 and do not use the item mall.

I still have my original ship and will upgrade it whenever.