Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow Patching

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

I just obtained my preorder today and have been downloading the client for the last few hours, only now sitting at 17%. Is there a support page detailing the issue of slow download speeds and if so are there any specific ports that need to be forwarded on routers/firewalls to get things moving along?

Comments

• HaikenHaiken Member Posts: 81

Yeah  I got my pre-Order today too and its at 30% its downloading at 80k to 160k (mostly 80k), We will probably be able to play tomorrow morning.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Yep, which kind of sucks. We'll only get half a day to play before the beta event ends. :/

• HaikenHaiken Member Posts: 81

Nah, we get like day and a half , I think...

The second Aion closed beta event kicks off this weekend Friday, June 19th (12:00 PM PT, 9:00 PM CEST, 8:00 PM BST) and ends Monday, June 22nd (12:00 PM PT, 9:00 PM CEST, 8:00 PM BST).

Edit: My timezone is East Standard Time, anyone know the time it will end ?

• Coldsun1Coldsun1 Member Posts: 19

I would bet that the bandwidth is getting dedicated to supporting the servers atm and the download speed has probably been dramatically decreased.  I downloaded yesterday in a little over 90 mins total.  Hope you get in soon.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

3PM EST on Monday for us Easterners...

I do hope it speeds up. I'm at 20% now...

• VABeachDaveVABeachDave Member Posts: 228

When I downloaded it, it was at roughly 125 or so and it took about 15 hours to download. My girlfriend started downloading it on two computers on the same network at once last week. Strangly one was running at about 80 and the other at 450. Obviously one finished way before the other.

Fan sites:
    AION-On-Line.com
    aionicthoughts.wordpress.com/
    www.aionarmory.com/
    www.aionglobal.com/
    www.aionsource.com/
    www.areyouhellbound.com/forum/
    www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253
    www.onrpg.com/

Official sites:
    www.ncsoft.com/global/
    www.aiononline.com/us/