Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Races of Darkfall - Which One?

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Out of all the races which do you feel is the best? Why? What does each race have over the other to benefit it out in the world?

Comments

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Human are the most balanced in terms of size and stats.

Elves start with high DEX, which is probably the hardest stats in the game to raise.

Alfar are the smallest to hit, but have low base stats and a depressing homeland and are KOS to the other races.

Probably best to just play whatever one you think looks the best or who has a starter area you like.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Well the problem for me is that I picked without really thinking or considering all my options. I picked mahirim and I figured since I've always been a fan of the darker or more feral side of things that it'd be fun, however I am finding myself wanting to play as a human or an elf. I'm not sure what the other starting areas are like and am hesitant to start over again, though I haven't made that much progress.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

There is no dark elf but there is Alfar

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

I chose Mirdain due to my love for Elves! i have always played the same race or as close as possible. We start out lacking in melee skills due to lower Str and Vit but as others have stated we have a nice dex boost at the start.

I dont think stats should be used to choose though as they are quickly evend of with harvesting etc, so only at the start do you have the difference in stats. As i stand now my str/vit have overtaken my dex already!

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by Mystik86

Well the problem for me is that I picked without really thinking or considering all my options. I picked mahirim and I figured since I've always been a fan of the darker or more feral side of things that it'd be fun, however I am finding myself wanting to play as a human or an elf. I'm not sure what the other starting areas are like and am hesitant to start over again, though I haven't made that much progress.

As a Mahirim player myself, I have seen all of the other races lands at length.   I think the humans probably have the best area, maybe with the elves in a close second.   Both of these areas are easy on the eyes, and have a nice variety of accessible resources.   The Alfar lands look pretty depressing, and the resources look to be a little thinner.

The one bad thing though about being on the human / elf / dwarf side is that probably 40% of the population will not be attackable without taking an alignment hit until you start getting some war decs thrown around.

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

ALFAR FFS. NOT Dark Elf! Alfar! :P

Yes I know, I couldn't remember the damn names.

• oddjobs74oddjobs74 Member Posts: 526

I would not make a decision based on looks, LOL.

All the character models look like some generic  action figures ( probably called Battle Beasts or something lame like that)  you would find sold in a 2 pack, for $1.99  in the 1/2 a toy section next to the 50 piece puzzel of a water wheel on the side of a barn  in any Wallgreens/drug store.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

I actually prefered he dwarf starting area. 

The cities felt the easiest to navigate, lost of resources, and things felt closer together.

Alfar was a pain to get around.  Lot of chasms and such made it a hassle. 

Mahi starting areas were nice as well.  Felt a lot like the dwarf.

I stopped playing a mahi when I got into a fight with someone and the guy just ducked and it became impossible to hit him.  Not literally, but melee fighting was no dif. then fishing.   I didn't like that I had to target my opponents feet when they ducked.

Orc area wasn't bad, but It seemed like the resources were a little more scattered.

I couldn't take the Elf.  The character models outside of armor were horrible.  The area was nice to look at, but it seemed like I had to travel a lot to get things done.

Never tried the Human.  Didn't like the way the model looked.

I've restarted as a human and found it a lot easier to get started. I'm still playing solo atm so I will have to dive deeper into the world to know how different it is from the mahirim starting area...