Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Why is this listed on MMORPG?

Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Wellston, OHPosts: 1,801Member

What's different about this from games like Combat Arms?  What am I missing here?

Tagged:

Comments

• SubzeroRaySubzeroRay Oceanside, CAPosts: 9Member Uncommon

I don't think you're missing anything... Someone from MMORPG staff probably mistook SF for being an MMORPG instead of a MMOFPS. I say just take Soldier Front off of this site. It doesn't belong on a MMORPG site at all.

• madeuxmadeux SLC, UTPosts: 1,786Member

Is it massive?  Is it multiplayer?  Is it online?  Do you role play?  Hmmm... I think you do! 

Especially considering the amount of "role playing" that most players actually do when playing MMO's.. which is just about NONE.

Find something else to complain about.

• Gabby-airGabby-air surrey, BCPosts: 3,440Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by madeux

Is it massive?  Is it multiplayer?  Is it online?  Do you role play?  Hmmm... I think you do! 
    Especially considering the amount of "role playing" that most players actually do when playing MMO's.. which is just about NONE.
    Find something else to complain about.

SO what your saying is that any kind of game is a rpg?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Sible HedinghamPosts: 1,691Member Uncommon
    1. Make sure that the game isn't already on our list. We know that this sounds simple, but there are a lot fo them and sometimes they get overlooked.
    2. The game must be based entirely inside of a graphical world. 3D, 2D and 2.5D games are all welcome on our list, but unfortunately we are unable at this time to provide listing for text-based MUDs.
    3. The game should have the capability to support at least 500 congruent users on a single server. This is not a reflection of the game's current subscriber count, but rather reflects the capabilities of a game's technology.
    4. The game must include some form of graphical common area where players can interact with one another inside of the persistent game world. This excludes lobby and chat room based interaction.
    5. The game must make use of persistent characters. This means that you should be able to log in after logging out and find your character as advanced as you left them (or more).
    6. The game must contain some form of character advancement.

these are the official rules for games to be added to the list on mmorpg.com, there are a bundle of games now on it that don't meet these rules

• NddeshNddesh Betsiamites, QCPosts: 65Member

That game isn't even a MMO.. *sigh.. just a mix of COD and CS:S with P2P(server) matchs

• Pro_PwnererPro_Pwnerer asfdsaf, KYPosts: 51Member
    Originally posted by Nddesh

That game isn't even a MMO.. *sigh.. just a mix of COD and CS:S with P2P(server) matchs

don't bring COD in this now, SF is not a mmo, and is probably the worst fps game ever.

• WorfWorf Oklahoma City, OKPosts: 264Member
    Originally posted by SubzeroRay

I don't think you're missing anything... Someone from MMORPG staff probably mistook SF for being an MMORPG instead of a MMOFPS. I say just take Soldier Front off of this site. It doesn't belong on a MMORPG site at all.

Agreed!

This belongs on some other game site!

• JoliustJoliust stoughton, WIPosts: 1,329Member

All these non-mmo forums that no one posts on really dumb down these forums. Makes it hard to find something interesting going on in one of the 500 game threads.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.