Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternate Places To Buy

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Just wanting to know if there are any alternate places to buy Darkfall. After months of trying to purchase I am still getting declined (card's fine).

Comments

• cult7cult7 Member Posts: 59

you are not hardcore enough

• GonesoloGonesolo City of Heroes CorrespondentMember Posts: 70

next time try a helpful reply.

OT unfortunatly no the only place to purchase Darkfall is the Darkfall shop. Limited copies are released on a regular basis but I understand how frustrating it can be.

All I can say is keep trying.

• HoobleyHoobley Member Posts: 421
    Originally posted by cult7

you are not hardcore enough

You are an excellent ambassador for your community. Well done.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

I thought they stopped with the limited copies and their shop was open 24/7 ?

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by jimmyman99

I thought they stopped with the limited copies and their shop was open 24/7 ?

I think the shop is still open, but don't know for sure.  On my products tab, all it says is that my billing information is missing. Presumably, because I already own a license, all I would otherwise see is the ability to resubscribe.

~Ripper

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

The problem I am having is that they keep declining my card therefore I cannot puchase the game from the site...

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by Mystik86

The problem I am having is that they keep declining my card therefore I cannot puchase the game from the site...

so given that my credit card was accepted as well as everyone I have played with online my question is are you intrested enough in the game to try and figure out why or did you just try a few times and then move on?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

Call your bank and tell them to expect charges from Greece or Europe.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

so given that my credit card was accepted as well as everyone I have played with online my question is are you intrested enough in the game to try and figure out why or did you just try a few times and then move on?

I actually did check into it. The card is a prepaid one and as such it's not tied to a bank (Money Mart). I can't call anyone to make sure it goes through. As such it seems I'm shit out of luck at the moment...

• kazamxkazamx Member CommonPosts: 165

Contact your credit card company. A number of people have been having their orders rejected by the CC company.

It seems people buying online from a greek company is enough to set off the warning bells at some cc firms. This seems more of a problem with US companies than EU ones.

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by kazamx

Contact your credit card company. A number of people have been having their orders rejected by the CC company.

It seems people buying online from a greek company is enough to set off the warning bells at some cc firms. This seems more of a problem with US companies than EU ones.

Well it depends, Greece is not really a blacklisted country.  At least from major CCs.

However, AV is.

One of my clients happens to be a bank.  I have some work done for them on their online systems.  During one of the sessions of data uploading, I came across a list of blacklisted companies.  During work, I won't bother read the content, as I was too busy.  I just scan the document online for structural consistency and take a cursory look at the top few records.  You guess who is on the list?  Yes the well known AV.

• Einstein-DFEinstein-DF Member Posts: 752
    Originally posted by Orthedos

Well it depends, Greece is not really a blacklisted country.  At least from major CCs.

However, AV is.

One of my clients happens to be a bank.  I have some work done for them on their online systems.  During one of the sessions of data uploading, I came across a list of blacklisted companies.  During work, I won't bother read the content, as I was too busy.  I just scan the document online for structural consistency and take a cursory look at the top few records.  You guess who is on the list?  Yes the well known AV.

That's quite funny because I work for the National Security Agency, and while poking around and playing with super secretive information I stumbled upon the most wanted terrorist list.

And Orthedos is on it.

LOL

• pwnzorellOrpwnzorellOr Member Posts: 216

However, AV is.

Yes, when i charged my money back i had no problems at all, i didn't even had to go into further details of explaining why i want my money back, the customer support just said something like "Yes, no problem - *sigh* that company is well known here." :D

Maybe because of their problems with their billing system, i don't know. *shrug*

jedi mind - heavenly divine, steadily shine in '99!

Originally posted by pwnzorellOr

However, AV is.

Yes, when i charged my money back i had no problems at all, i didn't even had to go into further details of explaining why i want my money back, the customer support just said something like "Yes, no problem - *sigh* that company is well known here." :D

Maybe because of their problems with their billing system, i don't know. *shrug*

Cool, that is part of the systems I am helping to implement.  Client reactions and such helps CS officers judge and respond on spot without the need to escalate.  Nothing surprising there.

Originally posted by Einstein-DF

However, AV is.

That's quite funny because I work for the National Security Agency, and while poking around and playing with super secretive information I stumbled upon the most wanted terrorist list.

And Orthedos is on it.

LOL

The response immediately below yours refuted you already.  Poor sob, you need more education.