Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Devlog: The Lure of the Sea - Part 1

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The latest devlog from the folks at Flying Lab Software looks at efforts to get players out on the open ocean.

This is the first of two devlogs discussing the work we’ve done in 1.16 focusing on ways to give players more loot, more rewards for PvP, and more reasons to explore and fight on the Open Sea.

In this first devlog, I am going to outline three changes to the PvE side of the game. Next week I will talk about some complimentary PvP changes we’re also making.

Fleets

In general, fleets make up a small portion of the ships on the Open Sea – roughly 20%. These ships are also some of the most important; they’re more difficult than normal AI groups, they come with higher rewards and they’re one of the main ways that players generate Unrest on ports.

In 1.16, we’ve increased the rate at which fleets spawn in the Open Sea. They will make up a greater portion of all the ships on the OS, but changes in the spawn system are tough to spot unless you’re watching the Open Sea for a very long time.

Read more here.

Comments

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

More Fleets?  Wow I assume thats what the players wanted.  I must be the minority player that solos a lot.  Fleets ( of level that earns exp at level playing) were impossible to take when I last played solo.   I was thinking of trying it again but POTBS now seems geared to the group players not solo.  Thanks for keeping us up to date, you saved me the time and cost of patching and paying to find this out.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Shreddi

More Fleets?  Wow I assume thats what the players wanted.  I must be the minority player that solos a lot.  Fleets ( of level that earns exp at level playing) were impossible to take when I last played solo.   I was thinking of trying it again but POTBS now seems geared to the group players not solo.  Thanks for keeping us up to date, you saved me the time and cost of patching and paying to find this out.

If you want to play solo then this Massively multiplayer online game is not for you. You can buy a single palyer pirate game that has come out recently, I forget the name but you should enjoy it and it will save you money that you waste on MULTIPLAYER games.

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

I have played mmo's since they were text only in the 80's and more than I can count and every one is pretty much solo freindly.  I belong to clan, group, etc. in all of them.  I have to solo most the time because the times I play most.  No big deal. I will continue playing the others.  Read forums of All the mmorpgs.  Soloing is a big subject and maybe thats why they dont discourage solo players.  Find the poll taken on playstyle check out the numbers for solo players on mmo's.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Shreddi

I have played mmo's since they were text only in the 80's and more than I can count and every one is pretty much solo freindly.  I belong to clan, group, etc. in all of them.  I have to solo most the time because the times I play most.  No big deal. I will continue playing the others.  Read forums of All the mmorpgs.  Soloing is a big subject and maybe thats why they dont discourage solo players.  Find the poll taken on playstyle check out the numbers for solo players on mmo's.

Yes its still pretty weird to solo in a multiplayer game. Its like playing singleplayer game and using vent to talk to your friends, smae thing.....