Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Deceived Cinematic Trailer

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Deceived Cinematic TrailerBioware has released a new trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic, depicting the attack on the Jedi Temple during the Sacking of Coruscant in the game's lore.

Watch the Deceived Trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic

Comments

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

You are just a tad late

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by Mazin

You are just a tad late

He always is.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Mazin

You are just a tad late

Muhahaha.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The best trailer in the history of mmos.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Nothing is as old as yesterdays news, huh? ;) But seriously, given this is a free site even Szark deserves a holiday. ( At least here Monday was a holiday.) ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

saw it day before...i had to wash my underwear afterwards...

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

For someone who's NOT a Star Wars geek, can someone explain what I just watched?

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I didn't think it was all that great of a trailer.  It was alright.  I was actually hoping to see some actual gameplay at the EA conference at E3, but no such luck.  The bounty hunter looks pretty great in the video though.  I hope that carries over to actual gameplay.  I like the fact that it is all voice overs.  Creates a great immersion, IMO.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Wow, that was really good.

I particulary liked the bounty hunter, maybe I should reconsider the class I want to play, was planning smuggler but bounty hunters are really cool too.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Oyjord

For someone who's NOT a Star Wars geek, can someone explain what I just watched?

The Jedi got their behinds kicked, again.

• AlloughNAlloughN Member Posts: 168

I love it when all the Sith lightsabers light up!  And that has to be one dizzy bounty hunter lol.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by junzo316

I didn't think it was all that great of a trailer.  It was alright.  I was actually hoping to see some actual gameplay at the EA conference at E3, but no such luck.  The bounty hunter looks pretty great in the video though.  I hope that carries over to actual gameplay.  I like the fact that it is all voice overs.  Creates a great immersion, IMO.

This is just the beginning! More to follow tomorrow! I assume it will answer a lot of the top questions about how the game works with Story arcs. You will get to see 20-30min of a 2-3 quest in the game. 

Wednesday PST

12:30 pm Star Wars: The Old Republic -- Learn how this MMO will consume you.

1:00 pm Unannounced Lucas Arts Title -- See what Lucas Arts has in store for us.

1:30 pm Unannounced Lucas Arts Title -- Another secret game from Lucas Arts.

Watch it here

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Excuse me, but what does this have to do with the game?  Trailers usually show some game footage, this had none.

Basically the game is not far advanced enough to use in game footage, so all we get is some bling with no substance.

All I can say is come back when you have some actual game footage.  While the movie was well done, it has absolutely zero revalence to the game we are interested in!

• JKnight1JKnight1 Member Posts: 72

It has relevance as it has story, characters, and lore that will most likely deal with TOR as a whole. cinematic trailers have as much weight as do gameplay trailers. If all games only did gameplay trailers, it wouldn't do well to get the excitement over the story, just the action. And Bioware is known for their well written, well executed stories.

I'd say do not judge this trailer, as that is EXACTLY what it is, just of a different breed, on the fact it shows no gameplay. It shows story, it shows interaction, and it shows off some of the badass characters as well as over all look of TOR.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Oyjord

Phew... ok short version: There is a Republic, whose guardians are the Jedi, those guys living in the temple. The planet is the capital world of the Republic, Coruscant. The attackers are Sith, leaders of the evil Empire, who by now has conquered 1/2 of the Galaxy, formerly all under Republic control. Since the Sith know the Jedi are their main obstacle in conquering the Republic, the strike at them with all they have. They have opposite philosophies and generation old grudges against each others. 

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• haibanehaibane Member Posts: 178

I really hope it will succeed where SWG failed (almost had it at launch tho, why o why did they change their course) ....

GO BIOWARE ! Give us a Mass Effect / Kotor experience in an MMO !! Real classes, not just a swarm of jedi / sith, and a huge world with adventure, discoveries, high end content, and awesome PVP !

I put my trust in you to save the MMORPG genre ! Lately many games, as many failures (2007+)

We need something good, something star wars, something that makes ur heart jump whenever u log on !!!!

BIOWARE GIVE US A SUCCESS !!! U don't have the right to fail a Star Wars franchise, u are mmorpg's only hope.

You're a Hardcore Survivor!

You not only survived the zombie apocalypse, but did it with style! Your mastery of zombie knowledge, survival tactics, and weaponry is nearly unmatched. Congratulations, for you are hardcore!

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460
    Originally posted by tillamook

Originally posted by junzo316

This is just the beginning! More to follow tomorrow! I assume it will answer a lot of the top questions about how the game works with Story arcs. You will get to see 20-30min of a 2-3 quest in the game. 

Wednesday PST

12:30 pm Star Wars: The Old Republic -- Learn how this MMO will consume you.

1:00 pm Unannounced Lucas Arts Title -- See what Lucas Arts has in store for us.

1:30 pm Unannounced Lucas Arts Title -- Another secret game from Lucas Arts.

Watch it here

Woot!

Thanks for the info!

I have a feeling LA's secret game will be Battlefront III.  I've seen a trailer on youtube that wasn't supposed to be released and the game looks like it's almost finished, it just fell through for some unexplained reason.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• surfsk8snowsurfsk8snow Member Posts: 76

Dude this trailer was amazing! best cinematics of a game I've ever seen, period.

Keep in mind this is not a demo or a preview, but rather a cinematic trailer, no gameplay.

Forget the Clone Wars cartoon animators, hire these guys to take over and make some decent Star Wars TV shows.

I can NOT wait for this game.

Cinori Aluben - CSM6 2011
    Fix The Little Things First!
    www.littlethingsfirst.com
    EVE-Online

• takayitakayi Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

The best trailer in the history of mmos.

^This.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

A trailer that uses NO gameplay footage is a joke, which is exactly what this one is.

• surfsk8snowsurfsk8snow Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

A trailer that uses NO gameplay footage is a joke, which is exactly what this one is.

Hm, anyone read the title: Cinematic?

Cinori Aluben - CSM6 2011
    Fix The Little Things First!
    www.littlethingsfirst.com
    EVE-Online

• vkaynevkayne Member Posts: 42

Necro much?

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

If it claimed to be gameplay footage I'd agree...but it doesn't.

It's a cinematic that sets the mood and story for the game.  Guess what?  Developers have been doing this FOREVAH.