Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got Questions?

RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

I know this is REALLY short notice, but we just finished working out the details.

I'll be heading to visit the Monte Cristo studio to get some hands-on time with Cities XL this coming Friday. If you have any questions about the game, post them here and I'll see what I can do. :)

Richard J. Cox
"There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Comments

• MicleeMiclee Member Posts: 27

Awesome!

Ask them how many people/cities will be able to play on a world?

Can we join up with people on random worlds?

Can we "Break-off" of a world?

Any diasasters?

Can we go to alien-ish planets with different buildings?

• tubelighttubelight Member UncommonPosts: 276

Forget the questions :D Get a nice video for us all :) And tell them to hurry up and launch a beta ;)

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Oh my sack, this looks awesome.

Please ask about when the beta will begin. I'm a huuuuge architecture nut so this is right up my alley.

• maxnrosymaxnrosy Member Posts: 608

can you furnish the interior of the buildings/ houses ect.?

My wife wants to know.

Watching Fanbois drop their soap in a prison full of desperate men.

• Michael_MCMichael_MC CitiesXL DeveloperMember Posts: 14

Howdie fellows!

I am Michael (Community Manager at Monte Cristo) and I'd like to take the time to say hi to all of you.

I have been on MMORPG.com for quite some time now and it's nice to see that MMO players are quite open minded about new types of MMOs :)

As you might know we had the pleasure to greet Richard at our studios for a personal hands on on the game. And as a result he wrote a great, really detailed article a couple of weeks ago.

Now, that being said Cities XL is a vast subject; so i'll try to keep you informed here on a regular basis ;-)

In the meantime don't forget that you can still subscibre to the upcoming Beta test. In my view it's the best way for players to determine how good a game will be.

And if you use the special code you'll find on MMORPG.com your chances of being drawn will increase... ;-)

Anywho: I'm looking forward to discussing with you guys!

See ya,

Michael.

• rellorello Member Posts: 186

can i go to war with other people and take over there cities and force them to restart the game?

• faseleifaselei Member UncommonPosts: 155

Hello Micheal :)

I cannot over exaggerate how much i am looking forward to this game! City games and MMOs have always been my absolute favourite genres and this looks like a match made in heaven (...well France).

Was a massive fan of City Life and Medieval Lords so i know Monte Cristo can deliver the goods.

Good luck with development.

Hey guys: thanks for your questions/ansers :)

Rello: No it is not especially our will to have people go to war against one another. Cities XL is a city-building simulation, and as such rather focusing on the construction/trading side of things.

Now that being said we'll support modding; so let's see what will be done on that side ;-)

Faselei: thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you liked Medieval Lords and City Life; although Cities XL is going to be quite different from the latter ^.^

We are really doing our best on Cities XL (everyone at Monte Cristo is currently working on this game and this game alone) and the good part is we have given ourselves (as much as possible) the means to make this game impactful! It's already been in development for close to 3 years, you know?

Anyway: thanks for your support! It's always stimulating to know people are actually counting on you. Once again: we'll try our best not to disappoint!

Hoping to hear from you guys! :)

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I have to admit Michael, its a great departure from City Life. Kudos for good work so far!

Thanks Tech: it is indeed; and that's exactly how we wanted it to be! :-)

By the way: The servers will be back sometime soon.Our guys here are really working hard on it almost non-stop...

• faseleifaselei Member UncommonPosts: 155

This game is sublime. It's very different to how i imagined it, but just as good. Its a wonderful city builder, and hopefully will be a wonderful MMO. Once you've made trade easier, it should get very interesting to see interaction between players.

Cannot wait for refinement and release!

Thanks MC

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I am really looking forward to this title.  I am a huge fan of the city-building genre, Pharaoh, Caesar, Zeus, SimCity series, the anno series, and the settler series, to name a few.  This game looks to put those to shame.  I also noticed that you are listening to your playerbase a lot.  That gets a big /thumbsup from me.  Looking forward to hearing more in the near future.

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

I have just written my initial impressions on my blog http://thatmmoguy.blogspot.com/ apologies to any who thinks I have focused on some of the negatives of tthe game too much.  The game is really very good and i am enjoying it I just thought some of the issues were a little too apparent not to voice.

Originally posted by shakermaker0

I have just written my initial impressions on my blog http://thatmmoguy.blogspot.com/ apologies to any who thinks I have focused on some of the negatives of tthe game too much.  The game is really very good and i am enjoying it I just thought some of the issues were a little too apparent not to voice.

Hehe Shake...it's nice to see you could get a Beta Key and take part in the Beta. Your blog is at times slighlty borderline regarding the NDA but it's not THAT bad so I won't say anything ;)

I hope you sent out tickets to the support team about your remarks (even though most of your points have already come to our attention). The more tickets from dofferent players the more pressure internally (if the suggestions are relevant obviously), so...

Hope you'll like the improvements in the coming weeks!

See you guys-have a nice weekend :)

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

really enjoying it i was suprised..question though..is it gonna be f2p with micro transactions or something else..whats the business model..good job guys just fix the severe memory leaks and its good to go :)

Hey guys: here is just a short post to let you know that today, at 4PM GMT time, the servers will be down for the weekend to prepare the arrival of the next big Patch: Patch 3. Servers will be up again on Monday, August 17th, 6 PM GMT time.

Don't forget that we are ogranizing a virtual Picnic today, at 3PM, GMT, to celebrate this transition ;)

Patch 3 up in about 30 minutes! :)

• xSevendustxxSevendustx Member UncommonPosts: 7

I have a question...

Is the beta of the Demo over?

I downloaded the demo. played once and now I can not get back in the game?

Someone please clarify. Thanks

VQ

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

devs might have this on their "watch" list in email, so I would like to refer to this thread in the forum I have questions about the game

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/254141/Love-it-Want-it-but-I-have-questions-first-for-the-devs.html

Thnx for your response, the response currently there are not what I was hoping to hear, rather let the devs put their two cents in as the poster that responded, I question how they would know the answer unless they some how in a mircle got a full version of the game.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"