Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard - end game contents

ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

I am stuck between choosing Vanguard and Everquest 2 right now. I have played both and was wondering if end game in Vanguard really that bad of a game?

I like to have the choice to raid after I maxed level and have stuff to do PvE wise after i cap my level like in Everquest 1.

I currently playing Vanguard trial right now and enjoy it but from most forum and reviews end game seems like a dull. So, I was wondering if I should just resubscribe to my everquest 2 account.

Thanks in advance and details or information about both game would help.

Comments

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

The end game is one of the areas where Vanguard really excels.  There is more content that 95% of peple can possibly get through.  With the level cap increase and the release of Pantheon of the Ancients, there are even more paths to take.  If you have specific questions, post em.  Too much to summarize really.

I can say however, that we have guildies that play both EQ2 and Vanguard (3 of them).  They all say they much prefer raiding and the endgame in Vanguard more than EQ2.

• GrandoReaperGrandoReaper Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by boojiboy

The end game is one of the areas where Vanguard really excels.  There is more content that 95% of peple can possibly get through.  With the level cap increase and the release of Pantheon of the Ancients, there are even more paths to take.  If you have specific questions, post em.  Too much to summarize really.
    I can say however, that we have guildies that play both EQ2 and Vanguard (3 of them).  They all say they much prefer raiding and the endgame in Vanguard more than EQ2.

I got the same issue as the OP, do you think there are many servers on vanguard that could support a player population that could do raids?

• CenCalCenCal Member Posts: 60

I can tell you I tried the EQII free trial.(I had to pay for 1 month before I could get it to launch however).
    Because I like to PvP I chose to roll my character on the Vox PvP server,which had a "Light Load" server population status. I didnt realize how "light"it was until I left the starter area.The times I checked the zone I was in population the most I ever saw was 3. Getting from L12-15 on my Gnome Warlock was not very fun at all.

The 2 times I fought another player he was 4 levels above me which is the limit for that area but, I did very little to no damage to him, so I really never had a chance.
    At level 14 I had a quest to kill glade deer. My main crowd control spell was a root that hardly ever "rooted" the deer resulting in my death several times.

I tried a Guardian that had a little more survivability but had no real damage output,at L12 anyway. So It was very slow to level.Both of these character may get better at higher levels but with the low server population it feels like a ghost town.

If you can get the free trail to work try them both. I am going to try Vanguard again and see if it has gotten better since release.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by ozerinx

I am stuck between choosing Vanguard and Everquest 2 right now. I have played both and was wondering if end game in Vanguard really that bad of a game?

I like to have the choice to raid after I maxed level and have stuff to do PvE wise after i cap my level like in Everquest 1.
    I currently playing Vanguard trial right now and enjoy it but from most forum and reviews end game seems like a dull. So, I was wondering if I should just resubscribe to my everquest 2 account.

Well what do you think? If YOU find it dull then don't play it. If you like it then play it.

My thougth is that Vanguard is a great game with some seams showing. It is creaky as it has some small issue that may disturb some players.

But it is a huge open world and great for exploring.

EQ2 is polished but it's a bit too cute for my taste: "Mr. Puddlequick is ever so unhappy because he can find his glasses..." sort of thing. I'm sure there are more serious and epic quests but I always notice the cutsey stuff a bit too much.

However, it plays very well and the combat is good. I prefer the combat in EQ 2 to Vanguard but I prefer the Vanguard world to EQ 2.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190

The end-game content is where VG has its problems primarily. Now you have to ask your self are you considering the end-game as just post lvl 50 content or you talking high end-game content. Now lets go over what is available in VG.

Group End-game Content

Griffon Quest Line

Level 50 - 55 Grind

Rahz Inkur (Farm Grind)

Temple of Tehatami (Faction Grind)

Shores of Darkness (Faction Grind)

Bridge of Destiny (Weapon Quest which can not be finished without raiding)

Pantheon of the Ancients (recently released and uncompletable due to bugs)

Raid End-game Content

Ancient Port Warehouse (Gear made obsolete to Pantheon Tier 3 gear)

Overland Mobs - 13 (Jagund, Prime, Nerksawl, Dresla, Fengrot, Guar, Silmnr, Varking, Karax, Yerkj, Rinipin, Nimaa, Physik)

Mind you 2 of the 13 have not been killed in game. 3 of the 13 have only been killed by 4 guilds in game.

This is pretty much all of VG's endgame content in a nutshell. If I had to choose which game based off of end-game content, I'd choose EQ2 in a heartbeat. As you can tell the Raid End-game is of course lacking making that this is all you have to do over a near 2 year span. The group content however can keep you occupied but the methods used most disagree with as I do also. The griffon quest line with a static focused group can complete it in a week. Rahz Inkur can be done in a week also. Temple of Tehatami same way. Shores of Darkness will take you months however even with the strongest of grinds, but with the current level 50-55 grind, you'll gain faction in no time (I'm level 53 currently and I have gained over 6k faction from SoD alone). Bridge of Destiny will become obsolete with class epics upon completing PoTa so its something if you never intend on completing PoTa. PotA is currently cockblocked due to it not being complete on live servers so they don't want players expeircing anything past the first 12 trials.

There's the VG end-game in a nutshell for ya!

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

Thanks for everyones input but the main problem is that I don't understand how some people says there are tons of end game content and some says theres barely any end game raid content. I personally am a casual raider since after Everquest 1 I couldn't find a community/content that I would want to spend 5 hours a day to raid.

Regarding the game being dull was only to end game from reading allt he reviews/watching and etc. I personally enjoy the game from the trial but I don't want to divest a lot of time into a game to getting max level and then find out that the game is about to die or has no future.

Feel free to add your own opinions to the game as well I am still deciding.

• NullailNullail Member UncommonPosts: 68

I just want to add one thing: Ancient Port Warehouse is divided in four wings + basement:

Entrance Wing:  X77, X-83, Vicus, Travix & Zaraax

Cartheon Wing: Palpenipe, Athriss, Malazath, Senator & Chrykalis

Marina Wing: Shylosia & Vercel

Vault Wing: X99, Siliusaurus, Shiver & Core

Basement: Zagyius & Kotasoth

Each wing with their own mini-nameds

Also Isle of Gazuramut with Summoner Nimaa, Unstable Elemental,Summoner Rinipin,Summoner Physik  & Summoner Yerkj

Hunter Nullail Destruction - 85 Ranger. Bristlebane (Solusek Ro) - EQ
    Knight-Captain Nullail - 60 Hunter. C'Thun - Pre TBC - WoW
    Nullail - 80 BE Hunter.Kor'Gall - WoW
    Hunter Nullail - 55 Ranger. Telon - VG
    Nullail Destruction - Archer/Bard - Cerberus. FFXIV

Thanks for everyones input but the main problem is that I don't understand how some people says there are tons of end game content and some says theres barely any end game raid content. I personally am a casual raider since after Everquest 1 I couldn't find a community/content that I would want to spend 5 hours a day to raid.
    Regarding the game being dull was only to end game from reading allt he reviews/watching and etc. I personally enjoy the game from the trial but I don't want to divest a lot of time into a game to getting max level and then find out that the game is about to die or has no future.

Well it depends on what kind of player u get feedback from. Myself, I am one people consider as a "hardcore" when in reality I raid less than most. The feedback will mainly come from what kind of guild you associate yourself with. The higher end guilds in fact raid less than casual guilds in this game. When you consider guilds such as BoW, Veracity, Trinity, BotS, and Pain, those guilds are much more efficient in raiding and can knock out more content much faster. Now you must consider, being new to the game and coming in now, it will seem to be as alot of content but for those who've been in here for a while, it seems as very little.

The view I am presenting to you, since VG's launch, the amount of end-game content is very little for any game that's been out for as long. Now you have to understand the circumstances that VG has under-gone and that development has been severely hindered because of it. So if you look at the big picture, then no VG has very little end-game content. But if you look at it from a new player coming in, then yes you will have some content to play around, but also being in a guild will make a huge difference in your experience.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Some people consider spending 16 months working on the only raid zone in the game to be "lots of content" and other don't.

The future of the game has always been the biggest question mark. 

• UmbralUmbral Member Posts: 1,051

Ozerinx, Vanguard is a nice game but you will usually notice some people will make Vanguard sound bigger and better than it really is, especially here.

Everquest 2 has more than 5x end game group content than Vanguard, more than 10 x raid content than Vanguard and much more solo content too.

To me Vanguard endgame is very limited and very, very repetitive, Vanguard need more and better devs to really grow and expand, but the ingame world is nice, some locations are very nice and some questlines and classes are interesting, but Everquest 2 has much more content, is much more polished and has a real development team always expanding the game.

Check all the end game content Everquest 2 got in the last months, than check what Vanguard got in the last two years, it is not even a fair comparison.

Both games are nice but if you compare Vanguard´s endgame with EQ2, WoW, L2, GW, Lotro you will notice endgame is one of the weak spots of this game.

Personally, I had good moments playing both games, but Everquest 2 is by far a bigger and superior game with superior production values and updates.

But, if you just love VG world, combat and classes, keep playing it, I am sure you will have fun.

edit. Xeonsoldier described Vanguard endgame to you.

Originally posted by Umbral

Ozerinx, Vanguard is a nice game but you will usually notice some people will make Vanguard sound bigger and better than it really is, especially here.

Everquest 2 has more than 5x end game group content than Vanguard, more than 10 x raid content than Vanguard and much more solo content too.

To me Vanguard endgame is very limited and very, very repetitive, Vanguard need more and better devs to really grow and expand, but the ingame world is nice, some locations are very nice and some questlines and classes are interesting, but Everquest 2 has much more content, is much more polished and has a real development team always expanding the game.

Check all the end game content Everquest 2 got in the last months, than check what Vanguard got in the last two years, it is not even a fair comparison.

Both games are nice but if you compare Vanguard´s endgame with EQ2, WoW, L2, GW, Lotro you will notice endgame is one of the weak spots of this game.

Personally, I had good moments playing both games, but Everquest 2 is by far a bigger and superior game with superior production values and updates.

But, if you just love VG world, combat and classes, keep playing it, I am sure you will have fun.

Thanks that is what I was looking for, I currently already have a character in Everquest 2 maxed out, but was wondering if I should resubscribe because I read that Vanguard is a lot like Everquest 1 which I loved. I love grind over quest but if I am going to have to spend days looking for a party to grind with I rather not have to deal with the headache.

Thanks that is what I was looking for, I currently already have a character in Everquest 2 maxed out, but was wondering if I should resubscribe because I read that Vanguard is a lot like Everquest 1 which I loved. I love grind over quest but if I am going to have to spend days looking for a party to grind with I rather not have to deal with the headache.

Well sir, I am not going to lie to ya. I only bring the truth that fanbois and over-optimist players rather hide from prospective players. I'll give you a clear observation on the "grinds" that Vanguard has to offer. From simplest to hardest.

Temple of Tehatami (Faction Grind) - Level 50, this grind is all about doing temple runs that involve killing the exact same mobs over and over to achieve ranks that upgrade your Necklace piece of gear. This grind requires you to go up to 22k faction when you begin at 0. What makes this grind so easy is that the mobs each give 15 faction per kill and the quests (Kill 100 and turn in) give about 200 or so. You can finish this grind rather quickly because players come to this area to grind exp anyways and you can duo/trio or full group the area. In the end, the reward piece is very disappointing and is quickly disgarded by pretty much all players as it is very underwhelming for the work involved.

Level 50 - 55 Grind (Exp Grind) - This going live with the PotA faction, this grind is quite possibly the most demoralizing grind I have ever done. I've done all the EQ1 grinds and I can tell you, they don't have shit on the VG grind. And I'll tell you the reason why, its the devs. When PotA launched 2 weeks ago, the hotspot to go was Old Targanor for AE groups for exp. My group achieved the first WW lvl 51 player after 10 straight hours of grinding. We got the next 5 first players to 51 hours later. The next spot we went to was Temple of Tehatami  for another AE grinding spot on the outsides of the temples. Now almost immediately after my group had completely hit 52 and was nearly 20% in, we recieve server messages that numerous chunks were going down for resets. Now in our mind we was thinking they were just fixing some lag issues, but no they had nerfed every single "hotspot" for exp to the point that it increased the grinding amount by nearly 60%. AE exping was a thing of the past as it gave you almost no distinct edge over single mob grinding. They nerfed it because of some "exploit powerlevel to 55" thing and their only fix was to nerf all exp values down. So this grind here? For the casual player will take about month to 3 months to hit 55 with the current exp rate is. Now granted a patch is due this Tuesday to increase some values or what not, but from the actions that the devs have taken, it has already left a mark in many of the players' minds.

Shores of Darkness (Faction Grind) - This has got to be the worst grind known to MMOs. And I'm not talking about the duration, I'm talking about the concerpt surrounding it. Basically you need to grind to max faction (27.5k) by doing tasks that can ONLY be done once a day for an item that is achieved by new players who go to the island. Now making you will/may be new to the game and do trial island, you will have next to no incentive to do this content. But the grind goes like this: You talk to one gnome who gives you 10 total tasks (5 loot 10 items from 1 specific mob and 5 kill 1 boss mob of a specific mob type) turn in and they give you a small number of faction. Each mob you kill in the area gives 1 faction. As you faction up you open up more tiers (4 tiers total) and they all have the exact same quests just different mobs based on tiers. Now with PotA going live, this place got altered to meet up with the challenge as mobs levels were increased so they wouldn't get steamrolled. But the grind in general isn't so bad for some as this place is the ONLY place you can get good exp during the level 50 - 55 grind. But the difficult part comes that you have to do this with a static group if you want to get done anytime in the near future. The quickest grind on this place (from launch to complete) took 6 months of hardcore grinding. Not a single casual player is even close to finishing. And the reward is a piece you could have gotten if you just rerolled a character, fun isn't it?

Pantheon Tier 2 Side Selection (Faction Grind) - I know most players can't comment on this as only 4 players worldwide is on this part. But this part is the worst design in game (maybe worst than SoD). But once you complete the first 12 trials in the place, you must select a side (Order or Chaos) and then you have to bring 100 souls of the opposite side (loot 1 per kill). THEN you have to prove to that side that you are worthy by gaining faction through doing Tier 2 trials, turning in money, or turning in souls. Now you could do the trials and get faction up fast (oh mind you all of these things can only be done once a day so people don't speed demon it through). The problem is that tier 2 trials can only be done by players on the SAME side. So if I'm an order player as a tank and my dps are chaos sided since the buffs aren't balanced at all, They can't help you. So what you have to do is find a group of Order-sided players (tank, healer, bard, dps) to do the trials. Reason why its such a grind is because majority of the dps-based buffs will be chaos sided as healers and tanks are more order-sided base, so it divides players up based on what's best for them (smart huh)? And it unbalances gameplay as if you want what's best for yourself, you may sever your relationship with other players if their best intentions are on the other side. So that's the first part of the grind, the second part is grinding dailies again with the specific god you want to choose (which like before can only be done with players on your side). Oh and let me add, you need to be level 53 to even attempt tier 2+.

So here you have it. If you like grinds, VG will have your grinds no problem. Now I'm sure someone will quote me and say that they don't have any problems finding groups with their guild yada yada yada. But aside the vanboism, this is the reality of the game, its all grinding. Sure you can hop around this stuff time to time casually, but if you do, don't expect to complete any of them anytime soon.

wow thanks for all the info. Didn't know the end game content is so undeveloped. I was hoping it got a lot better since it's been around awhile since the release.

I will probably decide tomorrow between EQ2 and Vanguard since my trial is going to end for Vanguard soon.

thanks for everyones input.

I have played both EQ2 and Vanguard.  I think Vanguard is simply a much more enjoyable game.  It is a matter a preference of course, but to me, EQ2 was linear, lock-step and extremely predictable.  Our guild has a number of EQ2 and Vanguard players across the same guild.  To a person, they enjoy Vanguard end-game content more but haven't quit EQ2 because they've played it for so long and are compelled to complete the new content as soon as it comes out. 

As far as which game has more content... it might very well be EQ2.  But there are many people that have played Vanguard since release and still have not been through all the content... and with the release of Pantheon of the Ancients... that is even more to do.

I have played both EQ2 and Vanguard.  I think Vanguard is simply a much more enjoyable game.  It is a matter a preference of course, but to me, EQ2 was linear, lock-step and extremely predictable.  Our guild has a number of EQ2 and Vanguard players across the same guild.  To a person, they enjoy Vanguard end-game content more but haven't quit EQ2 because they've played it for so long and are compelled to complete the new content as soon as it comes out. 

As far as which game has more content... it might very well be EQ2.  But there are many people that have played Vanguard since release and still have not been through all the content... and with the release of Pantheon of the Ancients... that is even more to do.

Again its a matter of preference. For myself, I was in a focus guild in both EQ2 and currently in VG now. You can't say one is predictable and the other is not. They both are to be completely honest. In fact, 3 end-game mobs of VG are carbon copies of mobs from EQ2, the design 100% are copied over from the adds to the abilities they use, to me that's just wrong as the encounter was original in EQ2. But one thing I can say, the risk vs reward in EQ2 worked out 10x better than it did in VG. VG's risk vs reward concept just never made it off paper. Just look at SoD and it will tell the story itself.

Again this feedback is from firsthand experience with everything. This is not a speculation of what others are doing, this is what has been done.

Xeon I was wondering what server do play on in Vanguard, and I heard there are two servers that are PvE populated but which one is better?

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by Xeonsoldier

Again its a matter of preference. For myself, I was in a focus guild in both EQ2 and currently in VG now. You can't say one is predictable and the other is not. They both are to be completely honest. In fact, 3 end-game mobs of VG are carbon copies of mobs from EQ2, the design 100% are copied over from the adds to the abilities they use, to me that's just wrong as the encounter was original in EQ2. But one thing I can say, the risk vs reward in EQ2 worked out 10x better than it did in VG. VG's risk vs reward concept just never made it off paper. Just look at SoD and it will tell the story itself.

Again this feedback is from firsthand experience with everything. This is not a speculation of what others are doing, this is what has been done.

EQ2 = zones.... even though i played for 2 years, I hated it the whole time because of that simple fact.  Everquest was ok, because seemless wasn't around back then, but SOE dropped the ball on EQ2.

Vanguard just needs PLAYERS...    simply one of the best mmorpg there is.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

Xeon I was wondering what server do play on in Vanguard, and I heard there are two servers that are PvE populated but which one is better?

I play on Seradon. I can give you a rough sketch from the history of VG. Seradon is the "longer lasting" server. I say that because Seradon tends to have the more casual player based as opposed to Xeth. Both servers can hold their own but from what I follow is that Seradon has the much more carebear approach to new players than Xeth.

But as you can tell, I'm far from carebear. :p

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Sadly End game in vanguard is barely supported if not supported at all. They released one raid dungeon in December 2007 which most serious guilds finished within 2 months.  We have been waiting on new endgame content for well over a year now.  What we have gotten are mostly bugged and poorly done overland raid mobs.  The devs have said they do not have time or the resources to fix the bugged mobs like Varking and Karax.  Maybe this summer or maybe this winter or even maybe next year we will get a new raid dungeon in POTA.

Vanguard is a much much better game than EQ2 but if your looking for endgame content sadly I would not recommend Vanguard but rather EQ2 or WoW.  It really hurts me to say that but both those games produce new content on a  consistent basis.  If your looking for the journey 1-50 then Vanguard wins by a mile.  But the devs will tell you time and time again the same answer we do not have the resources to give you anymore endgame content.

Group endgame content has turned into a grindfest with SoD and BoD.  Both done to keep players busy using almost almost no dev resources.  They just added POTA and a level change.  The level change was a sham.  Rather than do a lvl change with a new content in an expansion like every other game they converted the 50 content to 55 content and made a rather large super grind from 50-55.  Again to keep people busy using almost no dev resources.  Sadly SOE has produced almost no new content since they took over in May 2007 and the rate of new content is even getting slower.  Vanguard is being left to wither and die on the SOE station pass while all of SOE's resources go to EQ2, EQ and free kiddie realms online.

Originally posted by Zippy

Sadly End game in vanguard is barely supported if not supported at all. They released one raid dungeon in December 2007 which most serious guilds finished within 2 months.
    That VASTLY understates the difficulty and amount of content that Ancient Port Warehouse has.  Maybe 1 guild across all the servers completed APW in 2 months, and that guild was testing the content on the test server.  To date, there are still only 13 guilds on my server that have completed APW.
    We have been waiting on new endgame content for well over a year now.  What we have gotten are mostly bugged and poorly done overland raid mobs.  The devs have said they do not have time or the resources to fix the bugged mobs like Varking and Karax.  Maybe this summer or maybe this winter or even maybe next year we will get a new raid dungeon in POTA.
    Other than the two you mentioned, the rest of the overland mobs are quite fun and some are very challenging.  Once again, only 4 or 5 guilds have defeated the more difficult overland encounters (Fengrot, Guar).
    Vanguard is a much much better game than EQ2 but if your looking for endgame content sadly I would not recommend Vanguard but rather EQ2 or WoW.  It really hurts me to say that but both those games produce new content on a  consistent basis. 
    I'd say that content is cookie-cutter, predictable and run of the mill. 
    If your looking for the journey 1-50 then Vanguard wins by a mile.  But the devs will tell you time and time again the same answer we do not have the resources to give you anymore endgame content.
    Sure, it would be nice if there was more content faster, but there is a very small percentage of players who have been through the content that already exists.
    Group endgame content has turned into a grindfest with SoD and BoD.  Both done to keep players busy using almost almost no dev resources.  They just added POTA and a level change.  The level change was a sham.  Rather than do a lvl change with a new content in an expansion like every other game they converted the 50 content to 55 content and made a rather large super grind from 50-55.  Again to keep people busy using almost no dev resources.  Sadly SOE has produced almost no new content since they took over in May 2007 and the rate of new content is even getting slower.  Vanguard is being left to wither and die on the SOE station pass while all of SOE's resources go to EQ2, EQ and free kiddie realms online.
     Once again, who doesn't want more content?  But they have added quite a bit, just not all of it is raid focused.  Shores of Darkness is a grind if one chooses to never leave the place :)  I mix it up, some solo, some SoD, some of the old world stuff, some raiding, some diplo, some crafting, some alt'ing.  Everytime I log in I'm like a get in a candy store trying do decide what I want to do.
    We probably both know EQ2 and WoW players that exhaust all the content in one of those two games and then they come back to Vanguard.  Then WoW craps out another expansion, they go finish it and then come back to Vanguard. 

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by Zippy

Sadly End game in vanguard is barely supported if not supported at all. They released one raid dungeon in December 2007 which most serious guilds finished within 2 months.
    That VASTLY understates the difficulty and amount of content that Ancient Port Warehouse has.  Maybe 1 guild across all the servers completed APW in 2 months, and that guild was testing the content on the test server.  To date, there are still only 13 guilds on my server that have completed APW.
    4 maybe 5 guilds completed APW in the 1st 2 months.  Offhand I can think of BoW, Trinity, BoTs, Pain all killed Kota less than 2 months of APW's release.

We have been waiting on new endgame content for well over a year now.  What we have gotten are mostly bugged and poorly done overland raid mobs.  The devs have said they do not have time or the resources to fix the bugged mobs like Varking and Karax.  Maybe this summer or maybe this winter or even maybe next year we will get a new raid dungeon in POTA.
    Other than the two you mentioned, the rest of the overland mobs are quite fun and some are very challenging.  Once again, only 4 or 5 guilds have defeated the more difficult overland encounters (Fengrot, Guar).
    A lot more than 4-5 have defeated Guar.  4-5 defeated Guar in the first week after he was released 8 months or so ago.  A lot more have recently defeated Fengrot.  A lot more wold have defeated Fengrot if he was not bugged for well over 6 months.
    Vanguard is a much much better game than EQ2 but if your looking for endgame content sadly I would not recommend Vanguard but rather EQ2 or WoW.  It really hurts me to say that but both those games produce new content on a  consistent basis. 
    I'd say that content is cookie-cutter, predictable and run of the mill. 
    Sorry to say it but EQ2 and WoW raid content is better done than Vanguard, much mroe in abundance and actually tested before its released.   If Sillius would have actually  tested Fengrot, Dresla, Karax, Varking, Slim Jim and so many other mobs before releasing them in a bugged untested state we would not have had anywhere the number of problems we have had nor would we have had the exodus of top raiding guilds leaving Vanguard along with top end players.
    If your looking for the journey 1-50 then Vanguard wins by a mile.  But the devs will tell you time and time again the same answer we do not have the resources to give you anymore endgame content.
    Sure, it would be nice if there was more content faster, but there is a very small percentage of players who have been through the content that already exists.
    I disagree any serious raid guild has burned through all the content long ago..  Many casual raid guilds have burned through apw long ago and are working there way whats left of the overlands.
    Once again, who doesn't want more content?  But they have added quite a bit, just not all of it is raid focused.  Shores of Darkness is a grind if one chooses to never leave the place :)  I mix it up, some solo, some SoD, some of the old world stuff, some raiding, some diplo, some crafting, some alt'ing.  Everytime I log in I'm like a get in a candy store trying do decide what I want to do.
    SoD would be fine if they added additional content to mix it up and used the grind content as part of a portfolio of overall end game content.  The problem is all  the new content is super grind low developer time content.  This way they can string people out without using any resources, give the appearance they are doing some thing (which seems to be SOE's main concern) and hope people will keep believing there will one day be a magical patch that actually adds real content.
    We probably both know EQ2 and WoW players that exhaust all the content in one of those two games and then they come back to Vanguard.  Then WoW craps out another expansion, they go finish it and then come back to Vanguard. 
    Vanguard is criminal. Better to not give them any money.
    But they have added quite a bit
    To give you an idea how much (or little) new content SOE has added to Vanguard in over 2 years I will list it all for you. Its about as much as a normal game adds in 1-2 months.
    1. Lvl 12 quest line in Ksvari gulch
    2. Raid Dungeon and Overland raid mobs
    3. Griffon questline
    4. More overland raid mobs
    5. Reworked faction adding faction mounts and faction gear.
    6. IoD
    7. SoD Daily Quests and BoD weapon questline.
    8. PoTA dungeon along with new lvl increase to 55
    That is it. Nothing more. No other new quests. No other new zones. No other new content. Oh I forgot something. Bugs they have added a ton of bugs. SOEs 1st patch in 2007 added a severe CTD and performance (possibly intentional as by fixing the bug they could claim to have improved performance) bugs that took them 3 months to fix. Almost every new patch has added many more bugs than actual content. Not minor bugs but major bugs that has made raiding difficult to impossible and one that severely effected crafting. There has not been a single patch that has not had severe game stopping bugs.

AS we recall POTA raid dungeon was promised to be released  last summer by SOE.  Now we are over a year late  and who knows when it will be released. Fall, winter, 2010?  The lack of content is not defensible.  In over 2 years SOE has created the equivalent of 1-2 months of content that a normal MMO would put out.  All in all its no wonder that most of the top raid guilds have left Vanguard and the ones still left are struggling to keep members.  If you look at the top raiding still playing Vanguard most are lucky to have more than 4-5 players left from when they 1st started APW in December 2007.  They have mainly survived by cannabolizing from other guilds that have left or fallen apart.  Sadly very few raiders have kept playing the last 1.5+ years.  I know we all hate to see these people leave the game.  But in a game that is not being funded people constantly leaving is the state of the game.

SOE  has had employees admit that SOE pays their employees to post fanboy posts on these boards. I am not saying your an SOE employee Booj  but if your not you should be asking SOE for money.  It seems posters on these boards generally fall into 3 categories paid employees advertising their game in disguise, haters and rabid fanboys.  There should be another category of a realist.  One who can acknowledge the good and bad of a game.  Vanguard has a terrific core system but unfortunately it is currently not being funded or developed. It is on life support and withering away to die on the station pass. It's almost impossible to not admot the pace, quality and consistency of new content is much below sub par.