Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashen Empires...

murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

Seen as the Ashen Empires forum is dead, i have a question about the game,

"Hi, i used to play Runescape, until the updates and i am now looking for a game to replace it, something similar. This game looks good, i was wondering how much like Runescape is this game. I know this forum is dead but i'm still hopefull for a reply, thanks :)"

i posted this on the ashen empires forum. Im quessing this game was popular back in the day, so can any old timers answer question?

Thanks in advance.

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

Comments

• murdera2k6murdera2k6 Member UncommonPosts: 474

bump

"If they can make Penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you," - Muhammed Ali

• ArathorArathor Member Posts: 92

I don't think playing a dead game will be much fun for you... give Eternum Online a try if you want an alternative to Runescape.

Originally posted by Arathor

I don't think playing a dead game will be much fun for you... give Eternum Online a try if you want an alternative to Runescape.

ty

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

This game used to be great.

Then TKO bought it and it started going down hill. Just when it was about to die Iron Will Games (now called Pixel Mine) saved it. They made changes.

• They patched things up.
    • Made great improvements to crafting.
    • Added more quests!
    • Got more subscriptions.

And then instead of improving exisiting systems like maybe a quest log (hello, this game needs a quest log) they started making expansions for profit.

And the game started going down hill.

A massive migration happened as everyone left the pvp server because they changed some major rules.

Then they added a cash shop which includes items THAT GIVE YOU AND ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME. Basically you pay for success now.

They advertise their game as "free"....lol  very funny. Sure you can play for free but with an experience gain of a snails pace.

Stay away!

Originally posted by donjn

This game used to be great.
    Then TKO bought it and it started going down hill. Just when it was about to die Iron Will Games (now called Pixel Mine) saved it. They made changes.

They patched things up.
    Made great improvements to crafting.
    Added more quests!
    Got more subscriptions.

And then instead of improving exisiting systems like maybe a quest log (hello, this game needs a quest log) they started making expansions for profit.
    And the game started going down hill.
    A massive migration happened as everyone left the pvp server because they changed some major rules.
    Then they added a cash shop which includes items THAT GIVE YOU AND ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME. Basically you pay for success now.
    They advertise their game as "free"....lol  very funny. Sure you can play for free but with an experience gain of a snails pace.
    Stay away!

So anything like runescape?

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

I'd say in general this game is a classy version of Runescape. That being said its more complex and definitely more challenging. If you're a hardcore Runescape player then you should enjoy this. And yeah this game was extremely popular back in its day and when it was called "Dransik". Bewary though: there's only a handful of players that play nowadays.

God will people give that Eternum Online thing a rest? Runescape is still leagues ahead of that game. Not to mention Runescape and Eternum Online are in no way comparable as Eternum Online is a TOTALLY different game with different mechanics, graphic styles, etc. The only thing they have in common is that they're set in a D&D fantasy realm.

• SheriffxSheriffx Member Posts: 5

Ashen Empires and Runescape cannot be compared. I think AE beats the pants off Runescape.

• Infernus326Infernus326 Member Posts: 2

i'v been playing AE on an off for 7 years i'v also have been playing RS for 4 years on an off they both got thing's better then the other. but in AE it's 2 server's an not like 200 servers u get to know ppl better an there is alot of ppl on the non-pvp server *legends* that is willing to help but if u like pvp *heros* there is some nice ppl but there is like every game the pvpers that will make u want to quit playing. but in all in all AE is still my favrit game an if u like RS it's an good way to be heading

-boondox-

• nitefall607nitefall607 Member Posts: 1

True story