Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hunter Pet Questions

punkipunki Member Posts: 87
I was wondering, if im in the alliance would I only have team specific pets same going for the horde. Or are all hunters able to own any avaliable pets?

Comments

• ZrazikZrazik Member Posts: 195

You can tame any beast you meet that isn't higher level than you. So yes, if you go to the Horde territory you can get any pet you find there.

• indictagonindictagon Member Posts: 16
    Hello. All hunters can tame any beast type monsters they see  (with a few exceptions)  given that the beast is your level or lower.

The language and concepts containd herein are guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and the pointed stick conducts his business.

My point exacly.

• punkipunki Member Posts: 87
    Ok and should i use a hunter in PvP or should I use him in PvE. Im having troubles becasue i plan on having 2 characters. A troll Shaman and a Elf Hunter. i want to kno witch one would work good with PvE and PvP.

• indictagonindictagon Member Posts: 16

Right know shamans are really good in PvP (best class 1on1 actually) and decent in PvE.
    Hunter is basicly the best PvE solo class right now (not as popular for groups). But since they (hunters) only got their talents right before WoW release I cant say anything for PvP. Just pick what you enjoy the most and stick with it ::::28:: You wont "suck" either way.

The language and concepts containd herein are guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and the pointed stick conducts his business.

My point exacly.

• punkipunki Member Posts: 87
    Yep. I was planing on having a night elf hunter on PvE then a Troll shaman on PvP when I gain enough knowlegde in the game.

• blazerothblazeroth Member Posts: 62

I have an L21 Tauren hunter, who is a mixed bag of interesting tricks. I am experimenting with different things to make him more uber. Hunters can be uber, but you have to work at it. You can get good leather enhanced armor. You can get dual wield, or sword, or two-handed and get a better weapon. Your pet is a great melee companion. You can get a nice gun too, or have someone make you one.

In PvP melee, I don't know yet. I was only in one raid, and got ganked 3 times before the cavalry showed up. I was L16 at the time, and didn't even have two-handed, so from a melee perspective, I was pretty useless. Just hung back and sniped once the boys showed up.

I hang out with another hunter and a druid, and we make a fearsome trio with our two pets. We hit stonetalon mountains last night and kicked butt. No one died, and we did a bunch of quests against L20+ creatures.

In a group, a hunter can be good. I have a hard time indoors if I am forced to just melee the whole time, because it can eliminate your best offense which is shooting. However, with a good weapon, and good skills, you are a force.

Against animals it is easier. My strategy against a tough creature is to shoot it 2-3 times, then when it closes on me, use scare creature, and then when it runs away, as my pet continues to attack, I hit it again 2-3 times with the gun. If it comes back, I finish it off with my axe. If it isn't that tough, I just hit it with the axe (have 3 attacks for that).

Still learning melee mode, though. Not sure of the best set of attacks for hunters for PvP, but you can rest assure that hunters are tough sob's.

Currently playing:
    City of Heroes
    World of Warcraft

Currently playing:
    World of Warcraft