Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game should I play this month?

OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Which game should I play the month of June.

Besides EVE that is.

Please feel free to motivate.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
"You have the right not to be killed"

Comments

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Looks like I should save $15 in my game budget next month :D

Oh, I did not mention what I am looking for in a game to keep the questions as open as possible. And maybe the options also speaks for themself in that matter.

• Tukieu13Tukieu13 Member UncommonPosts: 41

I don't know why, but I've been into Ether Saga Online alot lately. Its a really simple game, but for some reason it sparks my interest. Maybe you could give that a try. Its a micro game, but you don't really need to spend any money to enjoy it.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Thanks, d/l it for a test anyway.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

I would rec' Demigod (Multiplayer is fixed) and Requiem. The first one you have to pay $40 for the disc, but it's worth it and the other is free and you don't have to pay anything however it's worth the $15 to go premium. Gravity made an announcement that they are going to be lowering there rates on june 1st.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

guild wars

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Saga of Ryzom is now P2p with a 21 day trial.

If you like skill systems, deep crafting, challenging game world and Customizable spells and abilities try it out.

Just a warning though the game has an artistic style and the races in the game are odd looking but in a couple days they look bad ass with armor.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• Tukieu13Tukieu13 Member UncommonPosts: 41

I didn't like Saga of Ryzom, the whole thing just felt like they wanted so much, and rushed to get it, but didn't focus on one thing. Its a good game for crafting, but other than that, its just like every other p2p mmo out there.

And I hated Guild Wars. Enough said, lol.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

OP: I know the feeling, seems I have been jumping once a month from game to game looking for that old time feeling. Doing EQ2 now on pvp server but feeling its getting old on trial, considering it for next month. Went back to SWG, GW and PotBS all seems…unsatisfying to say the least. Perhaps it is me and my expectations as MMO’s promise more and more.

• Xix13Xix13 Member Posts: 259

I don't think it's just you, Seabeast.  Those of us who have been playing MMOs for awhile, and can still remember those great feelings when we first logged into EnB, UO, pre-CU SWG...we're looking for those feelings again, the thrill, that feeling of "OMG!  This is SO cool!" and being overwhelmed at the start trying to learn what was going on.

Nowadays, when a new game comes out, you pretty much don't even need a tutorial.  You know how everything works, you've seen the scenery before, and a month later you're back at MMORPG's Games List and LFGame forum hoping against hope that somebody's dug out SOMETHING that doesn't feel like you've been there before.

But wait...what's that I see on the horizon?  End of 2009/2010 brings a new crop of MMOs that are NOT fantasy based!  Some aren't even lock-target-hit-hotkeys combat!  So grab Runes of Magic or Rohan or one of the other new, higher quality F2Ps and try and hold onto your mind until the new crop hits.  I don't think they can ALL be losers or more same-o'-same-o'.

-- Xix
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'"

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Inktomi

I would rec' Demigod (Multiplayer is fixed) and Requiem. The first one you have to pay $40 for the disc, but it's worth it and the other is free and you don't have to pay anything however it's worth the $15 to go premium. Gravity made an announcement that they are going to be lowering there rates on june 1st.

A friend of mine in Europe plays Demigod and swears by it.  He said its one of the most addicting games out there.  I am presently looking into it.  The graphics are superb too.