Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warrior Epic: Launch Day Interview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The new microtransaction based MMORPG Warrior Epic is scheduled to launch today at 5PM PST. In anticipation of the launch, Keren Kang, the Assistant Producer on the title, took some time to talk about WE and its launch.

Warrior Epic Screenshot

MMORPG.com:

Can you tell us a little bit about what Warrior Epic is all about?

Keren Kang:

Of course! Warrior Epic is set in the fantasy world of Orsika, on the outskirts of the Kingdom of Providence. This kingdom was named after the last remaining hope to put an end to the hundreds of years of chaos brought about by corruption of a once thriving Empire. All it takes is a sliver of hope among this tragic history to turn things around. Players will find themselves in command of a Providian Hall (essentially a castle) where they will have access to what Providence has to offer.

Read the Launch Day Interview

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• GrenadierGrenadier Member Posts: 91

I had the pleasure of trying this game in beta. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this game. Its nice to see a company offereing something a bit different in the free to play market.

There hasn't been much hype about this game. I was expecting some big news items at Massively, Bluesnews, and Voodoo Extreme. True Games Interactive & Possibility Space need to get on the ball with their marketting or no one is ever going to know this game exists. It doesn't take much to get people to try a free game, but they definitely need to hear about it first!

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

The last part of the interview was...weird.

Were they dodging the question and so you had to ask it twice or is it some kind of formating typo?

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

This is such a fun game.....I was in on all the betas and I arrived more than a little skepticle. In fact I was down right jaded to the point of being rude . The WE dev team was pleasant and actually listend to feedback. This game has pulled me away from all my other MMO's with the exception of EvE. All I can say is give the game a try you have nothing to lose but some time.

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Were they dodging the question and so you had to ask it twice or is it some kind of formating typo?

Typo...

Thanks! Fixed!

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• Isamu8597Isamu8597 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Great interview. I played WE quite a bit during CB1, Sneak Peak 1&2, and CB2. The progress I saw from Warrior Epic was amazing, and I see more potential for this MMORPG to be very successful than when I first went to WE.com. I enjoyed all the betas, and I really like how the levels are designed.

• ArekaineArekaine Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by Stradden

Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Typo...

Thanks! Fixed!

Is it? Still the same question twice there for me lol. No worries really. I am going ot give it a try. Runes of Magic, as cool as it is. Has worn off. And no other F2P interest me atm. I wish Global Agenda and Aion would come out

There is a Madness that has grown in the Light. And it is coming to burn you a cinder

• LydeckLydeck Member Posts: 80

This was one of the WORST games I'd ever played in my entire life when I played back in CB1.

They better have changed A LOT if they want it to be successful.

• gnlLucidgnlLucid Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Lydeck

This was one of the WORST games I'd I've ever played in my entire life when I played back in CB1.

What was bad about it?

• ElendilasXElendilasX Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Lydeck

This was one of the WORST games I'd ever played in my entire life when I played back in CB1.

Why should they change it? I tried it a bit and I can say game is worth try, cause it something new. I like that you cant restore your hp in missions by potions or smth like that only by rare items finds through missions.

I dont like this game just for one reason: i am sick of instancing, i want one big world...

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

OK, here's my exp with the game so far, because I'm going to give it a shot.

1) Created account, simple.

2) Signed up for forums, business as usual.

3) Downloaded the client, now they have two files. One is fast download which is only 350 MB; do you think I opted for that? HECK NO!

4) I went with the Full DL which is a whopping 1.2 Gigs, no worries I've got plenty of room. And I use El Free download Mngr. that I recomend, its easy to use, free and comes without spyware or any other nonsense.

5) After 1 hour, It started unpacking, which took another hour.

6) Installed 10 minutes. 

7) This is where it end because when I started the client it just said "Checking..." and nothing happened for another 15 minutes. However I did notice in the upper left hand corner it said "closed beta", so maybe I have the wrong client. I dunno o.O?

I'm going to see how things play out, I definately want to try this game. It reminds me a little of Mythos except you have a choice and can get a better view. I'll keep you posted, until then I'm working on another blog and playing Requiem; A game  which I also recommend and will go into detail at a later time.

Play Safe,

Ink

• MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

re-edit: nevermind

• odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 40

I played this game in beta last week... my personal impressions and why I stopped playing after 3 hours? Well I think it's ugly and very "cartoony"...worse than many I've seen lately. My narrow mindedness, I guess, can't allow me to see beyond this fact... probably the same reason why I cannot get into WoW.

I thought that the "lead your own group" concept was kind of refreshing and reminiscent of older RPGs... sorry, I don't know the proper term for that. The customization of characters... well, there wasn't any. Other than that, I was bored to tears from the very beginning. I think that when you begin a game, it should grab you and demand your attention... this game in my opinion falls far from the mark.

Just my thoughts though. :-)

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Yet another horrible game with "promotional spys" as the first replyers in the thread.

Myself along with two of my friends tried both CB's, and I'd advise ANYONE thinking about trying this game to not waste your time on this rubbish. Absolutely horrid, and cartoony, game with no real appeal to it >=(.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

I had the same experience, Inktomi. All the launcher does is hang in the "checking" phase. Not a promising launch, I have to say.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• ScorilloScorillo Member UncommonPosts: 6

This is a bullshit!

I tried several time to sign

and receive the same answer

Error 8x09 : This login is not available.

I also try to contact the owners of the game

NO WAY!

bad game if you can't even sign!

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Judging by the interview and screenshots, this look a LOT like dungeons runner.

• FumblesFumbles Member Posts: 88

According to their website, the game finally went live today rather then yesterday. I am at work and cannot confirm however.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

You know... launch day would actually have been perfect, if they actually launched it on the launch day.

I'll be trying it though when it's avaiable, they just could have done a better interface to show that permanent "Checking..." means the patch/login/whatever servers are offline, because new users will completely misunderstand it.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

"The new microtransaction based MMORPG..."

Stopped there.

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Alright, i'm a closed beta tester and first let me say this is probably my favorite F2P game out there. They aren't lying when they say the Cash Shop items are unneeded, the best thing there is a healing potion, and you can heal yourself with most classes,. and heal your teammates. The stuff is quite literally useless, a lot is just appearal.

Now, I will say this game is a lot of fun, while it is not one big world, that is NOT a bad thing, as you can stop short, and it relies more on action and random-generation this way. The classes are all very unique, with 6 classes, each with 2 sub classes (You pick one of the two, all of them are different) . Each class also has it's own customization, and appearance options, and the skill trees are pretty cool.

I personally played a Devoteress in CBT,  a Sentinal to be exact, the class relies on healing a lot, and does moderate damage. Due to her healing skills she makes a good party member. I've had a lot of fun with this one, and I really recommend it.

• jorooojorooo Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hey guys i cant make a account.

When i register it says : Error 8x09 : This login is not available.

Can any 1 help me?

Thanks in advance.

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340

Been playing this all day today, and have got to say its very good for ftp game I would recommend anyone giving this one a go if your into diablo type games.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

I played this around a year ago in an earlier CB and it was awful. Im not sure how much has changed since then.

• EliasThorneEliasThorne Member UncommonPosts: 338

Like many others I stopped reading after seeing microtransaction :(

I know if I could stick to spending just what I would on a monthly then it would be fine, but surely with this model those with money to burn can buy their way to greatness (or at least get a decent leg up) - sorry not for me but I wish them well.

Currently Playing: GW2
    Currently Following: Elder Scrolls Online
    Games in my wake: Anarchy Online, Archlord (beta), Asheron’s Call, Asheron’s Call 2, City of Heroes, Dark Age of Camelot (SI to Catacombs), DDO, EVE Online, EverQuest II (beta), Guild Wars, Horizons, Lineage II,LORTO, Rift, RF Online (beta), RYL, Saga of Ryzon, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, WAR, WoW

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

In microtransactional games I try to keep myself on a budget, around $15 is the regular route. If I see that I need to spend more then I need to look deeper into my investment and is it going to be worth it to me. In the long run the answer is usually no,  with certain exceptions. I need to play this game more and may even drop a few dollars on it in the long term, but not now.

However, if you like this type of co-action online game then I would recommend trying DEMIGOD, they seem to fixed the correction issues and it's a blast once you know the ropes; I'm currently in the "getting butt kicked thoroughly" mode and hoping the learning curve on strategy is not too steep.