Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eurogamer Reviews Darkfall

bobtheblobbobtheblob Member Posts: 135

www.eurogamer.net/articles/darkfall-online-review

I dont follow Darkfall but i thought others would find it Interesting.

Comments

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I think this review pretty much covers it, pretty good review and agree with the score at the end.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by rav3n2

I think this review pretty much covers it, pretty good review and agree with the score at the end.

Yep bang on to my experiences. To the fanbois yes I ve played it and yes I was in a clan.

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875

Brace yourselves folkes, this is gonna be ugly

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by bobtheblob

www.eurogamer.net/articles/darkfall-online-review

I dont follow Darkfall but i thought others would find it Interesting.

Good find. This review is also what I've thought all along about the game and have been holding back trying it. So far I'm happy with that descision.  I willl not give Adventurine/Razorwax  any money until things vastly improve, from the graphics to combat to customer service etc.

It'll be funny to see the rose colored glass DF community read this review and post.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

wow  that review is priceless, and basicaly says most of the stuff, thats been said on and off in this forum for a while now. The fanbois just took a broadside volley on that one...

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Good read, finally a review giving this POS an honest rating, 2/10.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Its a stark contrast to the one that got posted on MMORPG today.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

All in all I think the reviewer sugar coated it a litle bit, he didnt speak about the community or the false advertising and the lack of transparency of the company even tho its a bit implied its not really clear.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Very good review, the score is quite spot on too.

And as said above, if the reviewer had also rated the catastrophic community of this game, the score would have most likely sunk to 1/10.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157

A crap review, he can't even get some of the facts right, "random swings" ? wtf is that guy been playing cos it ain't darkfall.

that review is more like the QQ troll posts you get around here.

i think the guy got ganked when he was trying to kill goblins lol, well whatever no-one reads euro-gamer anyway.

Originally posted by Aramanu

A crap review, he can't even get some of the facts right, "random swings" ? wtf is that guy been playing cos it ain't darkfall.

i think the guy got ganked when he was trying to kill goblins lol, well whatever no-one reads euro-gamer anyway.

I m sorry, but it is the closest thing to what DF is. Can t sugar coat the truth. It s funny when a actual "sugar coated" lie fest is posted as a positive towards DF it s right but when the actual close to the truth one comes out finally, it s crap.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

A good review.

But i have a hard time understanding someone saying "I could not hit anything, so its a bad system". Or complaining about the loot system, as if a "loot all" button is innovative.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Great review, agree with it 100%. Specially this summary:

"It's the emperor's new clothes of 2009: such a marvellous game that only an idiot wouldn't realise the beauty of the gaping holes in its content, its wonky control system, and its seemingly decade-old engine. "

• CereoCereo Member Posts: 551

Sadly you cannot rate the game on the community though, that is not a feature AV themselves added to the game, though they did purposely attract them. In any case, 2/10 seems about right from all I gathered. The worse part is that it's the beginning and people are still learning and working together. Once more and more people max out everything, the more and more starter players will be mindless killed, the more unbalanced ganking that will occur, more exploits that will be discovered, and the worse the economy will get, as some of the players will have insane amounts of money and most goods will be inflated and impossible for newer players to buy. At least that's what I see happening.

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by Leucent

I m sorry, but it is the closest thing to what DF is. Can t sugar coat the truth. It s funny when a actual "sugar coated" lie fest is posted as a positive towards DF it s right but when the actual close to the truth one comes out finally, it s crap.

it's not the truth, it's his opinion which i think is wrong, ive been playing df since launch and i don't seem to have any of his problems, each to there own i suppose, his review will be forgotten in a month anyway, and darkfall will still be around getting better and better.

it's not the truth, it's his opinion which i think is wrong, ive been playing df since launch and i don't seem to have any of his problems, each to there own i suppose, his review will be forgotten in a month anyway, and darkfall will still be around getting better and better.

My opinion is the same and I was in beta.  I still dabble on a friends account and it is still my opinion to this day. To say his opinion is wrong and yours is right, is iggnorant. I guess i ll try it your opinion is wrong and his is right.

No one here is bothered about the review being forgotten or "no one reads euro-gamer anyway" besides you, its really funny seeing fanbois go into defcon 3, its just a sign you know the game is crap and you dont want to believe it, if it was overwhelmingly a bad review there wouldnt be so many ppl agreeing with it, or like the guy said it might be your "superior" intelect that makes the game good.

Surely you understand why your "opinion" is not credible, when 10 ppl say its acurate + the review comes from a semi renown gaming website  and you come in here bashing everyone saying he is wrong, you can see the conflict.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by daarco

A good review.
    But i have a hard time understanding someone saying "I could not hit anything, so its a bad system". Or complaining about the loot system, as if a "loot all" button is innovative.

Innovative or not, having a loot system where you either loot all or atleast have the loot divided somehow in squares is basic UI controls these days and Darkfall not having it shows how "old" the game is.

UO had a system like this and it was released, what 10 years ago?

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

If your a darkfall player and actually enjoy the game then why care what eurogamer has to say. That said don't go and say they are dead wrong because frankly they tell it like it is for the most part. End of story

There was very little opinion in that article, most comments where about the sad state of its construction and design.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Funny how most of the people sprouting good review hav'nt even played Darkfall yet.

Reading reviews like this makes me glad I have a mind of my own.

oh and just a couple of points,,

• The Graphics although not fantasic are world away from EQ1.
    • You can change your weapon instantly by adding them to your Hotbar.
    • You dont have to wait around a minute to die , you just hit the space bar.
    • The Skill with Archery is spot on and realistic.
    • It not for people who want everything handed to em on a plate
    • Obviously the reviewer is used to instant gratifaction like you find in games like WOW

And thats just a couple of points wrong with the review.

I have played and am playing alot of Mmo's and Darkfall is one of the most immersive fun experiences I have had.

So go stick your hands in the fire .... and why ? Because Eurogamer told you too.

Pity the poor sheep.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

hypocrisy at its finest:

when mmorpg.com gave a great review....fans spewed it all over the place, even posted a post in the darkfall section to let everyone know about the review post, as if God graced everyone with a sudden insight.

Now, euro gamer gives a review....it's like "it's not fact it's opinion"

Originally posted by summitus

Funny how most of the people sprouting good review hav'nt even played Darkfall yet.

The Graphics although not fantasic are world away from EQ1.
    You can change your weapon instantly by adding them to your Hotbar.
    You dont have to wait around a minute to die , you just hit the space bar.
    The Skill with Archery is spot on and realistic.
    It not for people who want everything handed to em on a plate
    Obviously the reviewer is used to instant gratifaction like you find in games like WOW

I have played and am playing alot of Mmo's and Darkfall is one of the most immersive fun experiences I have had.
    So go stick your hands in the fire .... and why ? Because Eurogamer told you too.
    Pity the poor sheep.

Every video of darkfall ever recorded calls you a lair.

MMORPG.com has yet to DO a review of this game, they have all been hiding behind "Opinion pieces". Eurogamer, and other sites have done REVIEWS.

----------

How are you?" -Me

Obviously the reviewer is used to instant gratifaction like you find in games like WOW

Pity the poor sheep.

You know this how? Show me where you are collecting this data, do you have access to the accounts DB and did you cross reference them with MMORPG accounts? or maybe DFO gave you some sort of psychic power (or so you think) cause its sure didnt give me any. I think we can safely assume anything beyond the highlighted part is just more of the same bullshit.

• jacobujjacobuj Member Posts: 112

Pity the poor sheep.

This is the type of crap always coming from their so called "community" that keeps me from playing this abortion of a game. Even if the game was good I wouldn't play it based solely on the fact that most of the people defending it are a bunch of arrogant dickheads. GFY and your game kthxbai.