Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best solo class in Aion?

RhaenaRhaena Member Posts: 8

I usually play solo in most games since no friends of mine are players and I'm terrible at being online often enough (and having patience enough) to find any good guildmates. So my question to you Aion players out there is simple: Witch is/are the best solo class(es) in Aion?

Thanks. :)

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comments

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

All clases can solo very well, but imo sorcerer and spirit master are on top in the first 25 levels at least.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Sorcerer are good but they don't have enough mana to keep up for long periods.

SpiriteMaster is the king at solo PvE followed close behind them is Chanter.

SM's have this skill that make grinding a snap: 

Elyos]Enhance Elemental: Ether Infusion I

For 10 minutes, your Elemental will have the following adjustments: bonus magic attack increased by 500, attack speed increased by 10%, movement speed increaed by 10%, physical defense increased by 10%, physical and magic attack power increased by 70%, and 50 health recovered every 6 seconds. The elemental must be within 25m.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• CrosiusCrosius Member Posts: 129

Can you grind 2000 DP in 10 minutes? Even with the buff? That'd be pretty tough.

You can grind 2/3's - 3/4ths of it in 10 min's from there it's easy to get back. They also have a skill that will increase drop rate.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RhaenaRhaena Member Posts: 8

Ooh, I'm glad someone said chanter. I have a feeling I'll like them...

We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

nonono lol

Played a Chanter and a Sorcerer, the speed of leveling is 100 times better for the sorcerer, mana isn't so much of an issue if you spend some money in MP pots and alchemy, as long as you optimize your kills (killing a mob with 7 skills and a dot? try to find one that you can kill without the dot).

Sorcs kill mobs so fast, faster than spiritmasters, faster than anything, so, as long as you have pots, sorcerer is the best soloer.

Originally posted by Ephimero

nonono lol

Played a Chanter and a Sorcerer, the speed of leveling is 100 times better for the sorcerer, mana isn't so much of an issue if you spend some money in MP pots and alchemy, as long as you optimize your kills (killing a mob with 7 skills and a dot? try to find one that you can kill without the dot).

Sorcs kill mobs so fast, faster than spiritmasters, faster than anything, so, as long as you have pots, sorcerer is the best soloer.

And that's the problem with sorcerer is you got to buy pots. If you craft them then you are taking lots of time crafting and not lvling.

Good class to lvl for an alt (then you will have the money for it) IMO.

Money is no problem imo, and more kills means more money anyway, sorc. and spirit master are the best for solo, the others clases just cant hold the same rate of kill, at least till level 25 that is what i tested.

• craynloncraynlon Member Posts: 255

my problem with making any suggestion is that we dont have any "endgame" data

if you look at the first 20, 40, 60 and then endgame levels in lineage 2 youll see that soloability and even the whole feeling of a class can change.

for example you could play a prophet and solo with him pretty good in low levels while in endgame levels its more like a 2nd account, out of party buff bot (similar to shilien elders...)

there also was a time where the summoners were good buffers for their pets and had nuking abilities yet in endgame they definitly need at least a buffer to xp

what im saying is, is that i really would love to hear opinions from high level korean characters because i have the feeling that even the 1st 25 levels wont give you much information on how the class works in endgame levels and most players will spend most of their time maxed out. thats one beef i had with l2, that you could spend 3years to grind up your char only to find out you dont enjoy it at the higher levels because it sometimes took a 180 on its way there.

knowing nc soft ill keep these worries in the back of my mind but cant wait to play aion anyway

if your bored, visit my blog at:
    http://craylon.wordpress.com/ dealing with the look of mmos with the nvidia 3d vision glasses

So is it chanter or sorcerer? :P Spiritmaster seems to be a safe card though.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

You can buy pots just as you level, the most expensive ones on the grocery store are 900 qina, which you make pretty fastly, then, mixing pots with your insta-MP regen, using the nuke that absorbs mana, and sleeping yourself every 3 minutes, you won't run out of MP no matter what as long as you optimize your skills (this is important, hellfire might be awesome to 1 hit mobs, but you don't really need it when soloing and you'll save a lot of MP).

With my time as sorcerer I kinda made a mental chart where I was calculating damage per MP spent, next to cooldown.

I used to do it this way to kill mobs:

A fire DOT, I used it as starter sometimes so it maximized the effect, but most of the time I used it after the slow.

You need this skill if you don't want mobs to reach you

One out of every 2 mobs this was my choice, due to a bigger cooldown.

Good damage skill with relatively fast casting time and low MP usage.

One out of every 2 mobs this was my choice, due to a bigger cooldown.

Biggest damage per MP consumed, but longer casting time, I had enough time to do it before mobs reached me.

Finisher, If the mob wasn't dead yet (after level ~36 mobs will require this) he would be with this, MP usage is huge, but it guarantees the mob wont get to hit you.

Sometimes I altered my skills list, for example, I started with the instant slow beam and followed with the MP drain, but that was only if my MP was going low. Adapting a secondary skillset for that skill is pretty important while leveling.

Good mobs to level?

At level 20+ I went to the spider area in tier 3 (asmodians). Its near the mushrooms zone.

Later I went to the Abyss, killed some level 26 Balaur till level 27.

At level 27 I went to the volcano and killed some worms and dinosaur-like thingies.

After that I went to tier 4 and killed black panthers.

Then I went and killed some more panthers (white ones this time) but you have to kill the rogue type ones, which are placed near the small dragons area, the ones at the south are way tougher.

After that I killed wolves in the zombie camp on the second village of tier 4.

Then I went to a zone close to it where some gas-like creatures could be found, got a pretty nice spot with like 9 spawns and killed them over and over.

Later I went to tier 5, there I killed zombies.

After that I leveled with the Daumnir instance, mixing it with some more zombies in tier 5 and vampires later on.

Some things to consider: Rogue type mobs are the best for a sorcerer interest, huge damage, low HP, since they don't touch you, you're good to go. Some of those mobs have poison and stuns, that's why the water insta skill is great, because once they reach you, they start casting instead of hitting you, this guarantees mobs won't even put a dent on your HP.

Wolves, zombies and spiders tend to be rogue type mobs, not always, but most of the time yeah. Look around your map to find the most convenient mob, it's a hour of looking around in exchange of hours of optimized leveling.

Thats why I think sorcerer is the fastest leveler, because it's the fastest killer, and if you use it well enough you won't need to rest.

Wow. My first choise when I read of he game was a sorcerer or hunter, since I love to play with my victims. >:D Now I'm starting to  think back in the same way.

Though since you have not mentioned the ranger, so I'm guessing it's not as good at it as the sorcerer, is it?

I don't even know why I started this thread, I won't play the game until it's released in EU.

Still, I've got some good anwers. Thank you for taking the time. :D

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by Rhaena

I usually play solo in most games since no friends of mine are players and I'm terrible at being online often enough (and having patience enough) to find any good guildmates. So my question to you Aion players out there is simple: Witch is/are the best solo class(es) in Aion?

Thanks. :)

Sort of off topic, my suggestion is to join a guild with a forum, that wat it's easier to keep in touch and 'know' people. I am very sporadic in my play also and I find this very helpful. :)

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

Wow. My first choise when I read of he game was a sorcerer or hunter, since I love to play with my victims. >:D Now I'm starting to  think back in the same way.

Though since you have not mentioned the ranger, so I'm guessing it's not as good at it as the sorcerer, is it?

I don't even know why I started this thread, I won't play the game until it's released in EU.
    Still, I've got some good anwers. Thank you for taking the time. :D

I find Ranger dps subpar, maybe it get booster later on, but till 25 is one of the weakest clases i have tested.

Originally posted by judex99

I find Ranger dps subpar, maybe it get booster later on, but till 25 is one of the weakest clases i have tested.

Hmm, too bad. Hunters were really fun in WoW. :(

Originally posted by Cynthe

Sort of off topic, my suggestion is to join a guild with a forum, that wat it's easier to keep in touch and 'know' people. I am very sporadic in my play also and I find this very helpful. :)

Maybe you have a point there. :) I'll keep it in consideration.