Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Warhammer online fun?

AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Please do the post only if you have tested the game in some way.

Uhh... what?

Comments

• DraconusDraconus Freeworld AdminMember Posts: 781

polls on the MMORPG forums are always a bad idea, they are never truthful and just feed the fan boys on both sides. :)

BUT... with that said, WarHammer is a very enjoyable game and will be what I play for the next few years to come.

• gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503

Good poll. I forgot to include "I want to view the poll" on the one I made.

Yea, theres' some fanboys, and some trolls around, but I get the feeling there just isn't the criticism for WAR that existed for Vanguard or Age of Conan.

Am I right?

• verndvernd Member Posts: 600

Yes. I am sad that the CE beta servers are down until preview Friday

• Grim11Grim11 Member Posts: 86

Best part about the game for me is that I was having fun as soon as I logged on. Nothing felt like work becaues the time flew by. Now the servers are down and I'm jonesin already.

Yeah I admit it I'm a fan. Didn't know much about the warhammer universe until I logged into CB but now I'm hooked.

WAAAAGHHH

-----

There is no war in World of BoreCraft

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891
    Originally posted by gillvane1

Good poll. I forgot to include "I want to view the poll" on the one I made.

Yea, theres' some fanboys, and some trolls around, but I get the feeling there just isn't the criticism for WAR that existed for Vanguard or Age of Conan.

Am I right?

Your right..the screams are minimal at best some just saying its nothign flashy some with completely unrealistic i only played for a week opinions and others looking for a completely different mmo genre then whats been advertised for 2 years.

Vanguard & Aoc screams were like Obi Wan hearing the screams of millions as the death star blew up a planet.  Hell AoC screams are still going on lol

• iduumsiduums Member Posts: 205

my review is below.  See the last paragraph

I have been a beta tester since the end of phase 1 testing.  I know that there are a lot of negative comments being thrown around, some are valid most are not. If you have been in beta for over 7 months you would truly appreciate the way the game has shaped up.  I have been through about 4 different UI's, 3 different combat systems, and about 40-50 different classes.  Yes i say classes because the way the classes were built back in 07 compared to now are very different.  For example the original design for the Chosen was very much like a DAOC reaver (pulsing AOE effects), now it's more similar to a DAOC Paladin/Reaver mix.  I even got to play a Knight of the Blazing Sun.  When it was originally released it was extremely overpowered with it's abilities, by far was leaps and bounds over any other tank in the game.  So let me get to some negative points people have been bringing up.

Slow Combat -  This was due to a issue with latency when a button was pressed.  Keep in mind there is a global cooldown, but almost all MMO's have that.  IT was causing attacks to be very slow.  This was actually fixed last weekend and was one of the things Mark Jacobs wanted fixed before NDA dropped.

Crash to Desktop : This is actually new issue.  It just recently started with the CE Closed beta.  The game actually never cashes for me

Horrible Graphics -  The entire graphics system is not in the game yet.  However, like i said if you have been a beta tester for as long as me you can definitely appreciate the improvements that have happened with graphics.  This is mostly due to the fact that the graphics system wasn't totally implemented.  Each new phase of beta the graphics would get slightly better.

They cut 4 cities and 4 classes : I honestly feel the other cities would have spread RVR to much and the game would have turned more into race vs race then RVR.  Keep in mind the has been built for RVR not race vs race.  These cities are amazing, nothing like you have seen before.  They put other capital cities to shame.  Now on to the cut classes:

Choppa: I played a choppa, very fun however was extremely underpowered.  The choppa had a lot of issues closing the gap with nuking classes.  It was almost like free RP's.This class needed a huge upgrade.  I"m sure it will make it back into the game.

Knights of the Blazing Sun :  I played this class as well.  Totally opposite of the Choppa.  When this tank was released with the Ironbreaker, Chosen, Black Orc, it was leaps and bounds better then these tanks.  I really think they just didn't have enough time to bring this class back in line with the other tanks.  Swordmasters were not even released at this point.

Blackguard: Was never released to the beta during any phase.

Hammerer : Played this class, was a very very fun class, but again had balancing issues with other melee DPS toons.  It outplayed the choppa in just about every way.  This class was  a lot of players favorite early in the beta.  It was taken out to be revamped but it just never really worked.

I know this is a very long post and i hope it has brought some insight into the class cuts and some other game play mechanics.

If you not going to read the entire review i will say this.  If you are expecting WAR to be state of the art, brand new MMO that has never been seen before you will be disappointed.  It is revolutionary, not evolutionary.  The game is in great shape and the bugs are minimal.  They still have a few large patches left.  The most important part of a game IMO is the fun factor, almost everyone that logs in has fun, if you want fun this game is for you.  If you want RVR, PVP you will not be disappointed.  Ironically i really enjoy the PVE as well. 

• markshiumarkshiu Member Posts: 27

The game is absolutely no fun. It is not garbage, but it is very bad.

There are only 2 classes that is doing the killings.

1) Bright Wizard (80% of kill blows)

2) Sorcerer (80% of kill blows)

And the sad part is, if you are melee, 90% of your time are in stun/disabled mode. You cannot attack nor do anything.

Once you got to T4, you will know the game is poor.  Don't play warhammer, that is my suggestion.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Blast from the past? O_o

• GaurnGaurn Member Posts: 305

53.2% said the game was fun lol. I wonder if that poll would still stand today, if they could change their answers. I for one thought the game was absolute crap at launch, and hadn't ever had the urge to try it again. From what I've read lately on its forums, I am quite glad of this as well.

• Dynamo112Dynamo112 Member Posts: 240

I was a raging WAR fanboy for almost two years before the game launched.

It doesnt matter how hard I try to enjoy the game I just cant have fun with it. It's a shame to...

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Dynamo112

I was a raging WAR fanboy for almost two years before the game launched.
    It doesnt matter how hard I try to enjoy the game I just cant have fun with it. It's a shame to...

Warhammer had some good ideas, but the game is just plain pathetic.

• mstersmithmstersmith Member UncommonPosts: 33

I resubbed for the free ten days, got with my old guild and the fucking lag is retarded. I wish they would fix this game but oh well back to limbo for me. Oh fuck WoW have to throw that into any thread I post in.

"War is cruelty. There is no use in refining it. The crueler it is, the sooner it is over."

• iamct2327iamct2327 Member Posts: 162

Take a bunch (I mean about maybe 400) of Thumbtacks and put them on a seat and then SIT down!!!! Thats how much fun Warhammer online is.

Have fun lol!

• TerminatrTerminatr Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Draconus

polls on the MMORPG forums are always a bad idea, they are never truthful and just feed the fan boys on both sides. :)
    BUT... with that said, WarHammer is a very enjoyable game and will be what I play for the next few years to come.

lol, this post cracked me up. just curious if you have actually hit 40/80 yet?

the bst part of this game was tier 1 and 2, after that everything went to crapola

I played 2 chars to 40 and some other alts, fell asleep half the time played through the worst FPS lag (due to a crap ass game engine stupid idiots at mythic decided to use the DAOC engine)  I think I ever seen in such an ugly ass game. The graphics are using nothing fancy (crappy looking DX8 spell effects and textures out of 1999) at all no HDR, no bloom, no bumpmapping no nothing to tell you the truth and it runs like crap. Even WOW looks better if you ask me which is why I am back to just PVE and quest grinding in WOW with occasional BG here and there. Played WOW last night with some new toons from scratch and had a blast more fun than WAR.

Here's hoping Star Wars TOR steals the show (I'm worried about it though).

Mythic destroyed the Warhammer IP and made a T for Teenfest and GW must be pissed off.  You don't make a WArhammer game without some blood or gore, and you dont make RVR open field zones within PVE zones put them in an instance fix the graphics engine and maybe people will play otherwise just do us all a favor and shut the servers off.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Warhammer was fun for me when I started and then got old very fast....All I ever did was scenarios / pubic quests / rvr. It was great at first and then got boring after doing the same thing for afew weeks. If your not a PVP fan or are looking for something different my opition is stay away, you'll be bored in aweek.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• Carlito5280Carlito5280 Member Posts: 4

I also resubbed for the ten day trial and am having a lot of fun with the game. I hear lots of posters here saying "wait until you get to the higher tiers they suck" so i am taking their advice. I am leveling very slowly and spending time trying out different strategies, tactics and classes in rvr. I dont want to get to the end game too fast because endgame in almost every game sucks green monkey balls.

My advice to anyone reading this dredged up thread is make a bunch of different characters and play them all, as the game is very different for each different class.  Also play the game backwards from what you're used to. Concentrate on pvp and rvr with a little bit of pve thrown in for spice or when you cant find a decent rvr group or are bored of scenarios. Don't rush to the end, play the game and have fun. 

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Ethian

Warhammer was fun for me when I started and then got old very fast....All I ever did was scenarios / pubic quests / rvr. It was great at first and then got boring after doing the same thing for afew weeks. If your not a PVP fan or are looking for something different my opition is stay away, you'll be bored in aweek.

I lasted about 6 weeks......The game was fun but all I did mainly was scenarios and an occasional PQ.....After chap 8 or so the PQs became extremely difficult to find anyone to do them with........I liked the scenarios in tier1 and mostly in tier 2 but by tier 3 the game starts to follow a pattern.......It seemed most of the scenarios I was in had 4-6 healers per side with very few melees and lots of ranged DPS/casters.......You could boil order down to about 5 classes most scenarios (BW, Engi, WP, Slayer, and all other classes made up the remaining 20 percent)......I played a melee class and it got extremely frustrating because all anyone ever did was run away all the time....Even melees on the other side just ran and ran and ran.......I'd recommend the game to most players but I would definitely recommend the 10 day trial first then if you like it use the 30 day trial that comes with the game before subscribing......It seems like alot of people hit the wall before those 30 days are over........

• myrrdinirlmyrrdinirl Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 314

Honestly? not really. The organizational aspects of the game like the ability to level through pvp in level locked scenarios sounds very attractive at first but the combat is among the worst i've ever experienced. It may sound petty, but your hits have no "oomph", it doesn't really feel like they do much and you generally feel like your contributions don't matter much. I hate to say it, but it really just can't compare to WoW's engine and pvp mechanics...

• Postal13Postal13 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by markshiu

And the sad part is, if you are melee, 90% of your time are in stun/disabled mode. You cannot attack nor do anything.
    Once you got to T4, you will know the game is poor.  Don't play warhammer, that is my suggestion.

Sounds like you're one of the haters who /ragequitted eh?  AAWWWW...my class sucks cuz they nerfed my one-shot-kill ability...whine, whine...QQ...

The game is still as fantastic as it was in closed beta, and the developers actually listen to feedback. Admittedly, the CSR's don't, but the dev's do.

Cunfushus says "Only through wasting time do we realize that time should not be wasted."

Dude this game had close to 800K subs dropped to 300K lol, and thats worldwide. That is just terrible for a game based on such a large and incredible IP (I love warhammer). Anyone in their right mind who is a GW and WArhammer fan knows this game is a complete diss to the Ip its based on. Mythic should have continued with their Roman space game lol or DAOC 2 (I would love a DAOC 2). They should have given this license to someone else who was capable of created a gritty warhammer game (you know with blood, gore carnage!) WAAAGH!

• MiklosanMiklosan Member Posts: 176

No, this game is NOT fun!

• GrayhGrayh Member Posts: 123

Its a matter of opinion of course.   I've  been playing for over a year now and still play, so yes, I find it fun - Even for an old MMO vet like myself.  I find it especially good for people with real lives as you can play it casually.   Obviously, this is just my opinion.  There are plenty of people that enjoy it, and plenty that think its a steaming pile of poo.  Only way you will know is if you try for yourselves and keep an open mind.

Originally posted by Postal13

Originally posted by markshiu

Sounds like you're one of the haters who /ragequitted eh?  AAWWWW...my class sucks cuz they nerfed my one-shot-kill ability...whine, whine...QQ...

The game is still as fantastic as it was in closed beta, and the developers actually listen to feedback. Admittedly, the CSR's don't, but the dev's do.

This is the topic on Warhammer about a 6 men group.

http://forums.warhammeronline.com/warhammer/board/message?board.id=tier_4&thread.id=11959

90% have BW/Sorcerer, 90% doesn't have Swadow Warrior, White Lion, and etc.  See the problem?

I am in one for the above balance class, but the game is very limited, and bugs are everywhere.

And the most disappointing part is, it is a waiting game.

They improved it, but people will rather take empty BOs, waiting for ticks at fortress, waiting in the keep for opponent to come (eventually, the opponents will move to another zone if they know you are defending the keep), and etc.

Not so much of PvP, but more of PvE.  That's the reason why I like scenarios there, because its fast, and you are really fighting against human.

Of course, different people might have their thoughts.