Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU IP Block Ended

The Acclaim territory players will gain the ability to register and play on the European Spellborn NV (International, German and French) servers by visiting the Spellborn NV Player-Site, which has been highly anticipated by international guilds, clans and players.

http://www.spellborndock.nl/news.php?news_id=59

The above site gives the addresses to download and register for the Frogster/Mindscape (European) version of the game in case you get redirected when visiting the Spellborn main page.

--
Delanor

Comments

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

is it possible for a mod to temporarily sticky this? its an important announcement which will probably end up slipping under the radar like everything esle in this game.

• RadioMaryjaRadioMaryja Member UncommonPosts: 123

the information about removal of ip block is on spellborn forum aswell.

my question is - can anybody explain me, whats the point of waiting for acclaim so called open beta (where you have to PAY!!! to play further than just free zone) and actually waiting for them to publish the game, when Frogster servers actually work? its twice the same game with different administration and playerbase split. I believe we should all go to frogster and just stay there. acclaim is just crap atm.

i just downloaded acclaim client, and now i will have to download the same game again to play on frogster -.-

any idea whats the playerbase on frogster servers btw?

I think a lot of people will be doing that,lol.

the international servers are ghost towns by all accounts though now people outside of a few select countries can access them,they may fill up. plus like you say,acclaims horror story will just keep on rolling.

once youre on there,let us know what the pops like even before the acclaim refugees come over.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I just heard about the removal of the IP block from an old TCoS buddy.

About time it got removed, but I hope that (for the European community) it's not too late...

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Glad I saw this thread. I'd much rather play on the EU servers.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • L0k1-L0k1- Member Posts: 240

join us on the international PvP/PvE servers of Mindscape/Frogster! We need you people and in return a lot of higher lvl players can help new people :)

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by L0k1-

join us on the international PvP/PvE servers of Mindscape/Frogster! We need you people and in return a lot of higher lvl players can help new people :)

I literally just subbed for the Acclaim, but would gladly drop it and buy another for the EU servers, but have you guys started seeing an influx of players since the ban was lifted? The Acclaim servers are fairly healthy right now and I'd still like to stay with the population regardless of publisher while I'm first experiencing the game.

Im going to see what the EU server pops like before I make a decision. I can see a lot of people coming over as the acclaim ones just so damn poorly managed,plus its already becoming apparent that the acclaim ftp crowd are going to spoil it. Think of all the teenagers who love acclaims cash shop games like 2moons or 9 dragons all being in one zone at once, as thats who the game is being advertised to on the US side..

think about it.

Auto attack has already been suggested.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by jimsmith08

plus its already becoming apparent that the acclaim ftp crowd are going to spoil it. Think of all the teenagers who love acclaims cash shop games like 2moons or 9 dragons all being in one zone at once, as thats who the game is being advertised to on the US side..
    think about it.

When they announced Acclaim was going to be the NA publisher I almost gave up hope for the game because I knew this was going to happen. The starter zone is infested from Acclaim's F2P userbase, and you can tell, severely. I'm almost out of the first area so it's comforting to know most of them won't subscribe and will be stuck there.

I am, however, thinking of switching to EU once my subscription is up here. Hell, possibly before. Just really want to hear a word on the population in about a week or so. Right now could be just a zerge, once it steadies out then I'll think about it.

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

I couldn't believe that when I saw it posted on the Acclaim TCoS forums. And couldn't believe the people agreeing with the person who first suggested it.

I really enjoyed my closed beta experience in TCoS but the open beta brought with it tons of Acclaim F2P freeloaders and a large collection of WoWs idiot playerbase. It has me jumping ship from the Acclaim PvP server to the EU International PvP server.

latest suggestion: an auto lock on,as some guy has trouble hitting his targets.

• VaygusVaygus Member Posts: 131

stickied.

• patrynspatryns Member UncommonPosts: 81

latest suggestion: an auto lock on,as some guy has trouble hitting his targets.

auto-lock would defeat the game play.  Players from DAOC  to wow have been spoiled by auto-face, /stick and just auto-slash.  This makes boring game play for me.  I am looking for something totally different.  Now with games highlighting on maps where the mobs/npcs are located is spoiling it for me.

• StracoStraco Member Posts: 2

It's very refreshing mmo, and similar auto - (loot, target, whatever) stuf will ruin atmophere of the game.

It's not for everyone and not needed to be.

• StalinfalconStalinfalcon Member Posts: 77

Speaking of jumping shardship... (d/l'ing eu client as we speak -- eu sub translates to US17/month so no biggy), oy Alienshirt, or whomever knows, I was cruising eu forum and was I mistaken that the PvP server had same name as on the acclaim-side? Are eu accounts and acclaim accounts sharing the same PvP server but having distinct and separate PvE servers? Anyone know? (Sure I could wait till I finally installEU and find out empirically, but what's the fun of that? :P )

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Stalinfalcon

Speaking of jumping shardship... (d/l'ing eu client as we speak -- eu sub translates to US17/month so no biggy), oy Alienshirt, or whomever knows, I was cruising eu forum and was I mistaken that the PvP server had same name as on the acclaim-side? Are eu accounts and acclaim accounts sharing the same PvP server but having distinct and separate PvE servers? Anyone know? (Sure I could wait till I finally installEU and find out empirically, but what's the fun of that? :P )

Although they have the same name de European International PvP Universe and the Acclaim International PvP Universe are on different servers.

--
    Delanor

• StalinfalconStalinfalcon Member Posts: 77

Sweet, cheers!

• MighteliteMightelite Member Posts: 9

I'm from Spain, and I was on acclaim server. I got a monthly subscription and a level 20 there.... but i'll switch to EU servers after this month subscription expires.

See you soon ingame :)!