Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing in AION

2»

Comments

• Kensei69Kensei69 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by Zyllos

LOTRO did a good job of player housing by making the player travel, even if instanced, in the streets so you could see the other player's houses. EQ2 did a great job for housing, which was actually my first time seeing player housing in a game.

Both of these are pretty much exactly like DAOC's housing, which I always thought was perfectly done.

Since Aion already has the system for zone layering in place it woudl be easy to have several versions of a housing zone and then just layer them as many times as needed, perhaps have like 5 housing zones per faction and each one is different in a differnt location, then layer them like 10 times each.

Good game in my opinion!

Wow. Well maybe we should all sign a petition-like thing saying that the number one thing we want to see in the first expansion is housing. :D

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

LOTRO did a good job of player housing by making the player travel, even if instanced, in the streets so you could see the other player's houses. EQ2 did a great job for housing, which was actually my first time seeing player housing in a game.

Both of these are pretty much exactly like DAOC's housing, which I always thought was perfectly done.

Since Aion already has the system for zone layering in place it woudl be easy to have several versions of a housing zone and then just layer them as many times as needed, perhaps have like 5 housing zones per faction and each one is different in a differnt location, then layer them like 10 times each.

Good game in my opinion!

That's a great idea you got there.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Good game in my opinion!

This man is going places in life.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• CrosiusCrosius Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by Kensei69

Good game in my opinion!

Wow. Well maybe we should all sign a petition-like thing saying that the number one thing we want to see in the first expansion is housing. :D

Someone with a AionSource account post a topic in there. Someone's bound to pick it up and run with it.

• FuRyluztFuRyluzt Member Posts: 6

anyone here play Ultima Online, the housing system in there was pretty sweet

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by FuRyluzt

anyone here play Ultima Online, the housing system in there was pretty sweet

Oh yes. UO did have a pretty interesting housing set up.