Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your favorite game as a healer?

Almost every mmo has a healer class, wich mmo was your favorite to heal in and why? 

Comments

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516

Mine would have to be Everquest 1. i cant tell you how many times Ive been healing and hit the tank with a complete heal a split second  before the died. i mean they had already fell to the ground. lmao

eq1 had a little health padding before you actually died and me and my tank friend liked to push the limites of it.

My second favorite healer would have to be WoW. love my priest and me druid.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Having played a healer class in every MMO since EQ1, it is a tough choice picking just one.

AoC was fun because there was finally a MMO where healers where actually VERY efficient in killing as well. ToS were eventually nerfed to death though, so AoC would not count anymore as my fave.

But I'd have to probably pick WoW. They did alot of things right when it came to the healing class by the time BC expac was released. Priests, Druids (post BC), Shamans (post BC), and even Paladins (POST WoTLK) were tactically fun to play as a healer class. The game gave you options instead of limiting you to only one healer class.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Guild Wars. Not just mindless healspam but actually requiring mostly pre-protting and preventing damage rather than healing it up. In PvP energy is a problem and with all Mesmers dedicating pretty much their whole bar to shutting you down monking, or playing a healer if you want, is a real challenge. Guild Wars' healer class is definitely the best I've seen so far.

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

Most definitly WAR. Healing was so effecient in that and you were a great asset to group, even if your joining the Scenario at like level 4 when its all 11's.

• CereoCereo Member Posts: 551
    Originally posted by Nevulus

Having played a healer class in every MMO since EQ1, it is a tough choice picking just one.
    AoC was fun because there was finally a MMO where healers where actually VERY efficient in killing as well. ToS were eventually nerfed to death though, so AoC would not count anymore as my fave.
    But I'd have to probably pick WoW. They did alot of things right when it came to the healing class by the time BC expac was released. Priests, Druids (post BC), Shamans (post BC), and even Paladins (POST WoTLK) were tactically fun to play as a healer class. The game gave you options instead of limiting you to only one healer class.

I take it you didn't play Vanguard, as the healing classes were very efficient at kicking ass. Same goes for WAR and I assume DAoC. Find it kind of hard you played a healer in every MMO with a statement like that in fact.

Um, I loved my Shaman in WoW, loved my Priest in GuildWars, my Disciple in VG, healer in CoH... so hard to pick, I love healer classes!

If I have to pick:

Small PvE - WoW

PvP - WAR

Solo - VG

Large PvE - Have to say WoW as I only ever raided in WoW and briefly at that, raiding is not for me due to time 

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Vanguard dawrf healer

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

I never had a pure healer until WAR. I always played hybrid healers in most games. One of my favourites was an Adventurer I had in AO. Healers in that game were great. I played a Doctor for a little while, but never got much past level 90 because of one thing or another (usually running out creds, they were expensive to run in the old days).

Druids in DAoC were pretty good though I played mine primarily as a DoT/buff character. My healing was still better than most non-bots. In the same vein, Archmages and Zealots were a lot of fun to play in WAR.

Otherwise, I would have to say the Druid in WoW is a lot of fun to play as a healer. .

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Definitive the cleric in Vanguard, great class =) Bear Shaman in AoC was nice, too

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

TCoS.   You're still fighting and all your healing spells are responsive to the real combat situation.

Next was the Ritualist in guild wars.   You're just an all around hybrid healer and to actually use you're going to be actually using the fact that you're a hybrid to do so.    So you have healing spells buffed from you increasing the party DPS, healing spells that respond to enemy actions, and all sorts of similar combat responive actions.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

DAOC without a doubt. I really could add value as a healer, and groups really appreciated it when I did a good job.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

I vote warhammer's melee healers, can't remember their names... Disciple of Khaine and ... Warrior Priest

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I really liked the cleric in EQ 1.

They were death on undead,  had great buffs, and could heal well.

Some of the other MMO's might have had more powerful healers but I had the most fun in EQ 1 as a cleric.

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

#1)

Disciple in Vanguard. Hands down the best healer of any MMO. You had to actually be up in the front lines, dealing decent damage and if your tank wasn't dieing in 3 hits, you could litterally heal forever. You could cast a heal or just attack and do combos to heal. You used mana or "Jin" (Kinda like combo points for you WoW Rogues). Not an easy class, but if you're good (Like me) and you PAY ATTENTION (Like me) You can do some amazing things. Oh and they have Feign Death... a healer with Feign Death... I mean... come on... talk about AWESOME!

#2)

Druid in WoW. Versitile. Healing on the run as always been their best asset. Wether running from other players in pvp or running away from the void zones (or other things) in pve, healing on the move! Oh and let's be honest, Treeform is just awesome.

3)

Archamge in WAR. By rank 40 I could have 4 HoTs and 5 DoTs. (one of those is a HoT/DoT)... AND I SHOOT LAZERS FROM MY EYES!

• Glacial_RainGlacial_Rain Member Posts: 110

Never played healer class much, but when i did i mostly played them for the buffs.

tho most fun i had with a healer class is the defender AT in city of heroes.

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

I am not sure why Priest of Mitra came to mind, I enjoyed the knockbacks and crowd control skills. Not sure if other healer classes had crowd control skills. 

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by Glacial_Rain

Never played healer class much, but when i did i mostly played them for the buffs.
    tho most fun i had with a healer class is the defender AT in city of heroes.

The Defender class in City of Heroes is absolutely fantastic imo.  There are tons of options for buffs, heals, debuffs and crowd control.  The skills work well, the animations are amazing, and the way team combat works in that game is simply excellent.  Very fluid and fast-paced, but also allows room for strategy.  They really hit the balance right, which imo is a bit rare in MMOs.

It is especially cool to be able to teleport friends out of hot spots and heal them if needed, or teleport them out of kill zones for resurrection.  You can also teleport non-fliers and drop them from great heights just for giggles lol.  They have the option of needing to give permission for teleportation btw :).  Very important.

• LightedOneLightedOne Member UncommonPosts: 60

Well this question has brought back fond memories of EQ1 so I will have to say Cleric. EQ1 was a game where a healer was needed. In its early days EQ1 was not shortcut-ed with heal potions that made a healer un-needed, even now in EQ1 a healer will always get a group no matter what is going on.

LoL having said all that I might just try EQ1 once more to get what I have been missing in all there other MMO's I have played seance then.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

1. Cleric in Vanguard

2.PoM in AoC

3. Warden in Eq2

4. Cleric in Eq1

5.Eir in Lunia XD sorreh mates, but seriously, having heals that you shoot off randomly and home to a person on your team = priceless XD

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• SelekSelek Member Posts: 236

Cleric, Healer, Druid, in DAOC; Or even Clerics in EQ.

I hate how modern games are letting healers fight and solo. If you play a rejuv cleric in daoc, your a god among groups. However, you can't solo; its a trade off.

Look at melee wardens in EQ2; They tank, dps, heal, solo, its retarted!

Modern games make playing a healer far to easy.

-Selek

• Glacial_RainGlacial_Rain Member Posts: 110

well main reason i never play many healer types is most PUGs get me to the point of where i won't heal them.

NEVER make your healer angry, bad things happen!

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Selek

Cleric, Healer, Druid, in DAOC; Or even Clerics in EQ.
    I hate how modern games are letting healers fight and solo. If you play a rejuv cleric in daoc, your a god among groups. However, you can't solo; its a trade off.
    Look at melee wardens in EQ2; They tank, dps, heal, solo, its retarted!
    Modern games make playing a healer far to easy.

They have too, because most MMO's are becoming giant solo games with the chance to speak to other people as you play. no one barely groups in games anymore just to grind or do quests unless your friends. So in a way, they are helping healers out with the chance of actually leveling and what not, but aye, EQ1 clerics = no fight, no damage just heal .

XD 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• SholShol Member Posts: 361

The healer classes in Vanguard are simply brilliant.

If you ever played one of the healbottles on 2 legs with a dps challenging a wet towel and then you played a VG healer, you start weeping about the time you wasted in the other games.

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

The healing classes in DAoC ( any Realm ) would be my top picks.

The healing classes in WoW would be my second choice. I still pop into WoW every now and then and play some of my different healers when I get too frustrated with DF crashing.

The pure Cleric class in early EQ was an intense class to play, the responsibility for keeping the group alive was stressful to the max.

Most of the other games have not made a healing class worthwhile to play, at least for me.

• DeligrinDeligrin Member Posts: 5

My Favorites would be:

1. EQ1 Cleric...it was my 1st MMO and I have fond memories of the "old days"

2. WAR Shaman... Something about it I just liked...The game wasn't for me in the long run but I liked the Shaman.

3. WoW Shaman.. Just like the versitility of the class.

• xiirotxiirot Fallen Earth CorrespondentMember Posts: 328

Bloodmage from Vanguard is a very interesting and challenging healing class.  One of my all-time favorite classes in any game.

Warrior Priests, from WAR, are also quite fun.  A melee healing class.

Other than that, I'm getting into TCOS, and the Spellcaster classes have some great heals, which are very unique and enjoyable.  And the gameplay in TCOS makes healing a very nice experience.

Also, Summoner from FFXI was also interesting.  You are primarily a healer, with some really cool avatars to summon and cast buffs, finish skillchains, and so on.

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know." William Saroyan