Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screens of a World I find Amazing!

Comments

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

Can't wait to play this game myself image

• kagdakagda Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Xzaro

Personally, I wouldn't go crazy on the graphics, might get disappointed. Those graphics are the best graphics you are gonna get in-game, which is probably only playable on the best gaming rig to date.
    We have yet to see the in-game graphics taken with a mid-low range video card.

Perhaps its on the best machine, but it could also be that its not... none the less i agree that graphics arent everything, but what this game and its developers are adding as featurs will deffinatly effect the MMORPG worl forever imho.
    Edit: Forgot to mention the most recent Dev Chat, the dev's said there will be no Open Beta, just a HUGE HUGE beta wave with pretty much all the members that are signed up.

NONE

oh by the way check out the Soldiers of Fortune Website

Okkkkaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

• GeneralApathyGeneralApathy Member Posts: 7

The thing that is visually most important about these screens is the degradation. Close up items are highly detailed and distant object appear quite degraded in terms of their texture and polygon count. This is important because if you have variable degradation you have a great amount of control over performance.

And i am sceptical about the person who has a uber-computer and said it runs like crap. Citizen Zero uses the same engine and looks awesome running on an XBOX. Also the fact that your friend didnt try the game immediatly after being accepted into beta and then quit after having graphics doesnt give me much confidence in his opinions... if he were an experience beta tester he would have logged the problems as issues with the developers... that is the POINT of being a beta tester.

Anyway... the game looks awesome, and i dont think those screens are from a high-spec PC because i've seen screens with better distant draw detail.

• AosarAosar Member Posts: 7

I find the water, especially the frothy waves at the sandy shoreline in the second screenie to be friggin' awesome. And as for the armor, it looks pretty plain and basic, wich is what real armor looks like. I hope DnL will be one of the first fantasy games to have realistic armors instead of the unconventional armors used in other games of the genre...

- Aosar

- Aosar

• aeric67aeric67 Member UncommonPosts: 798

Wow.

I don't think the really impressive part is the graphics themselves, but rather the inference to gameplay they make. This game looks to be quite ambitious. Count myself impressed!

The graphics are still quite good in those screenshots. As far as performance goes, you don't even need 1 fps to get a nice looking screenshot.

EDIT: The tracks in the sand really impressed me for some reason. Although it's probably only for the character being played. EQ2 will have this feature too, although I've only seen it with running through water (Gamespy videos).

• AosarAosar Member Posts: 7

Hmm, what kind of a internet connection did the guy with the 2gig ram comp have? And what's his ram speed, OS, was there any programs running in the background, possible virus infection? The devil is in the details...

- Aosar

- Aosar

• kverbistkverbist Member Posts: 5
    the graphics look amazing.  however, when seeing the ingame movies they have, i did see quite a lot of graphic pop-up,  I understand this has to happen with such amazing gfx and no fog, but I hope in the final release they can make it more smoothly

• BlackTalonBlackTalon Member Posts: 75

Nice pics, well all I can say is when this comes out i'll be dropping eq2 like a dirty shirt so I can pvp. I know wow has pvp but i'm not THAT desperate.

• desdedesde Member Posts: 24

wonderful screens ...

Well ,i can give you a link of the first video about dnl .
    You will see a dwarf ! ("un nain" in french )

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_darkandlight.html

• BjorvicBjorvic Member Posts: 4

I think the screenshots are truely gorgeous.

Just hope they don't get too lost in world creation, and give us a nice robust game too..:)

I have high hopes for this game, and will definately be giving it a try when it comes out.

• peoplefoodpeoplefood Member Posts: 68

good god those look sweet.

just laid out EQ2 in best graphics

Oops My Bad

always my opion when i talk as this is me and my ideas if you disagree with something i dont want flaming plz. thank you. and Dont question a forum posters spelling you think we got spell check on this thing.

• AzathothAzathoth Member Posts: 357

Originally posted by Feyd
    I'll admit they do look great ,but I have a Friend who got into Beta about a week ago ..Hes using a P4 3.2 g,2GB Ram & an X800pro 256mb. He says this game brings his system to its knees with barely anything on screen & in fairly low res ....Got so frustrating for him he quit playing.I'm hoping to try out his acct on my sys soon ..So i'll let you know ..But i'm a liitle below his specs so I'm not expecting much

I know I am a lot late on this, but did you try out his account? It's been over three weeks? I would like to know if you experienced the same slowness your friend did?

Thanks.

Cartman has a big fat ass!

I'll admit they do look great ,but I have a Friend who got into Beta about a week ago

I didn't want to bring this up, but I just got back from, well... somewhere, and decided that I would.

Look at your statement, fryed. Look at it real close. REAL close.

Originally posted by Azathoth

I'll admit they do look great ,but I have a Friend who got into Beta about a week ago

I didn't want to bring this up, but I just got back from, well... somewhere, and decided that I would.

Look at your statement, fryed. Look at it real close. REAL close.

feyd that is... I really do hope I got it right this time.

• RichijefeRichijefe Member Posts: 142

P4 3.2 g,2GB Ram & an X800pro 256mb

lol Feyd you are full of it

with such a computer u can run doom 3 or far cry smoothly any time of the day ! dont come with you cant run DnL with it? i mean DnLs graphics are awesome for an mmorpg, but nothin compared to doom 3 or far cry course... and you sayin with such a good comp it didnt work well? Feyd you are full of it =)

Richijefe... level 61 Silver Ranger on Bartz... quit 4 months ago ^_^

Richijefe

New screens of Elves! image

Over 30 new spells, along with new races and sound effects, are included in the new beta test for Dark and Light, which is aimed at commercial release in April, 2005. The new array of spells, with their impressive visual effects, can now be used during fights, assuming, of course, players have invested a few skill points.

We created these new spells with two goals in mind, to have maximum power and to be the most fun and outrageous
    New spell categories for Fighting include Snake Attack (Glue, Mamba Attack and Python Power), and Weapons Expertise (for Swords, Crossbows, and Critical Hilts Expertise, among others). The Healing axis also includes new spells for Healing Fundamentals Skills (such as Self Healing, Quick Healing and Instant Healing), God Gifts Skills (God Armor Shield Expansion and God Abilities Expansion, and others), and for Guardians Invocation Skills (spells for Wolves, Bears and Pets Healing).

New spells that may be used any time are also included for Energy Power, Molecules Control and Spirits Appeal Skills.

"We created these new spells with two goals in mind, to have maximum power and to be the most fun and outrageous," says Frederic Caille, CEO of publisher Farlan Entertainment. "We expect our beta testers will enjoy these new spells and how they look on the screen when they are activated."

Beta testers may continue playing human characters, but now can play new Level 5 Elf characters (Dark, Wooden, High and Half) with 10 skill points to allocate on three axes - Fighter, Healer and Caster. In addition, the new Dark and Light beta includes new sounds and music, as well as a new focal lens change to improve immersion.

The current closed beta is planned to run through very early 2005. For more beta information, players can visit the official site.

New screens image

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    beautiful, i still regret that i am not in beta of this game, i was in EQ2 but i rather be in this one, but you can't have it all

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• gfboixxgfboixx Member Posts: 108

ive read somewhere in the faq that ppl under tha ages of 18 couldnt join beta testing in case something goes wrong and ur to blame. man, it really sux dat i cant play it... its not fair!!!! ::::16::::::16::::::16::

www.darknlight.com www.darknlight.net
    ^3rd generation mmorpg, not WoW or EQII with just their betta graphics, dis game is for everyone, whether ur a grinder, quester, group exper, w/e.

More new pics... they just keep coming image

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Graet stuff! Hope I can get in at least one stage of beta ::::28::

• cuzzo222cuzzo222 Member Posts: 95

damn this game looks so sick.i dont know whether i should drool or cry cuz my comp might not be able to run it that well

i have a p4 3.06 ghz

1 gig ddr RAM

and  drum roollll  nvidia 5200 fx-which is legally declared a piece of crap-or so i have heard

you guys think i could run it fairly decently?

"A typical gamer's system - 1.5-2.0 GHz, GeForce4 or equivalent, 512 MB RAM - will run Dark and Light properly. Even on a less powerful system, Dark and Light still has correct visual effects. The game engine adapts itself in real-time to the power of the gamer's machine."

http://ap.ofganareth.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=248&s=efc5f08918486e5fcf8cc921b56ceb0f

BTW some more new pics below image

They keep coming! image

two more! image