Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found a Decent F2p MMO! /moved

DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

So I have been on a journey to find decent F2P MMOs and I think I have finally found some good ones. Although it is kind of an unknown game it seems. Regnum seems to be the only decent F2P MMO where the gameplay is solid and the pvp is actually balanced and fun. It's rather odd since I have never heard about the game and just randomly downloaded it.

The item mall doesn't sell any gear and only really sells item dyes, mounts and some XP boosts. It provides no real unbalanced to pvp or pve. Why can't more devs make worth while F2P games with a logical item mall.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Got a link? Never heard of it.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

Regnum Online, its on the gamelist of this site..

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• DargokDargok Member Posts: 14

I'm about to give it a shot, downloading it right now

All your MMOs are belong to me.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by Duilyon

So I have been on a journey to find decent F2P MMOs and I think I have finally found some good ones. Although it is kind of an unknown game it seems. Regnum seems to be the only decent F2P MMO where the gameplay is solid and the pvp is actually balanced and fun. It's rather odd since I have never heard about the game and just randomly downloaded it.

The item mall doesn't sell any gear and only really sells item dyes, mounts and some XP boosts. It provides no real unbalanced to pvp or pve. Why can't more devs make worth while F2P games with a logical item mall.

What do you guys think?

http://www.regnumonlinegame.com/index.php?l=1 Regnum Online

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

the PVE is kind of bland but the pvp is pretty fun. It doesn't have the quality of WoW or anything but it still is pretty fun.

Also the dev team is only about 10 people strong but they add a lot of fixes and content for just 10 people!

• xmoleculexxmoleculex Member Posts: 98

It's kind of a DAOC clone (which is good). I played it for a while and thought it was a fun and solid game. Seemed to have a fairly small English speaking community however... most Spanish I want to say?

• reeb23reeb23 Member UncommonPosts: 37

looks cool if its anything like Daoc then im down to play also if the pvp is fun ill have to give it a try im not a big fan of pve so i dont care how bad it is

they added a english only server so that helps the whole language barrier of the other server.

Been playing the game a lot lately and been having a blast. They are currently working adding more lower level pvp and such. I hope it all works out :D

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

I'll give it a try, nothing can be worse than runes of magic.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

edit:sorry my bad, wrong thread.

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

It's definately a good one for F2P, especially considering the modest item shop.  The PvE grind is a little too simple and tedious, but the RvR is fun. 

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730

What do you guys think?

It has a complete garbage control system plus that the camera is very annoying.

You can't lock the camera to be behind your character and I fought more against the control system and the camera angles more than the monsters in this game.

I can live with dated graphics but with a control system that doesn't belong in the 21st century I can not.

Avoid this game at all costs.

• AdamarisAdamaris Member Posts: 73

Is not that bad, in my opinions seems pretty decent, i'll give it a go, i was expecting it to be worse ;)

The only thing that bothers me is the controls, seems like you can only walk straight and to rotate your character it takes ages, or at least i haven't found the way to do it faster hehe.

At first the controls annoyed me to no end but I eventually got used to them. The only thing that I can see annoying me is the bland PVE. But hopefully I can stick it out to the end so I can just RVR all the time.

If you are interested in what the devs goals are then check out: http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=36870

They seem to be taking this game pretty seriously and are adding most of there goals. They just full added the invasion system and the player base seems to love it.

• LouerLouer Member Posts: 5

The RvR in Regnum is very enjoyable. I've played it for almost 1.5 years and i dont regret that i stick at this game instead of another one. The PvE in the game makes less fun, it can be boring sometimes. But i think it does not need more than 100 hours to play one character to the highest level, if one hurry a little. With premium items (Experience boosters and/or health potions) its less time consuming to bring a character to lvl50.

Following 2 videos of Regnum Online show the RvR of the game pretty good:

www.own3d.tv/watch/14104

www.youtube.com/watch

In Q4 2009 Regnum Online will get a better game engine, to improve graphics and performance. There is a tech anouncement: www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php

Some players of Regnum, probably most are happy with the control system. Its descriped and discussed in this thread: www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php

• Myron41Myron41 Member Posts: 23

A few other things that should be mentioned are:

No gold sellers or spammers.  Every other game I have played has be plagued by them.  In some it is so bad that the game lags horribly in town centres to the point of going backwards.   None in Regnum YAY.

I haven't come across anybody botting or hacking which is not to say it doesn't exist, it just seems to be really rare.  haven't come across much in the way of comments on their forum.

The controls seem to be as they are so you can look behind you while running in one direction.  handy for PVP.  Right click on the mouse re-aligns your view to face forward. Does for me anyway.

The community on the english server is cool and to date I haven't seen much in the way of people screaming for moderators or admin.  In fact thinking about it, I haven't seen any.

• LouerLouer Member Posts: 5

The movement system of this game changed in Q4 2009, they introduced strafing . Its possible to use mouse for moving, but almost all players use a,s,d,w,q,e for moving. Its more comfortable to use, instead of clicking both mouse buttons to move forward. But it is possible to move forward with mouse and change directions with mouse.

For spell casting you can use keyboard numbers(+ F1, F2, F3, F4)  or clicking with the mouse on the spells.

In a few weeks (february or march) new character models will be introduced to Regnum. Here is a presentation video of the coming character models: www.youtube.com/watch

• GidSlackGidSlack Member Posts: 173
    Originally posted by Jefferson81

What do you guys think?

It has a complete garbage control system plus that the camera is very annoying.

You can't lock the camera to be behind your character and I fought more against the control system and the camera angles more than the monsters in this game.

I can live with dated graphics but with a control system that doesn't belong in the 21st century I can not.

Avoid this game at all costs.

I don't know if this has changed since you posted, but you can lock the camera behind you.  Under Options, in the Control tab I think, you can uncheck Automatic Camera Correction.  This will now allow you to lock the camera behind.  Right-clicking with the Mouse will then change your character to face the direction of the camera.

The game also has mouse controls for turning (I think it was only keyboard before).  Overall, the movement controls seem comprable to other games.