Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breaking News For WOW in China

belymeriobelymerio Member Posts: 44

Shanghai, CHINA -- April 16, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and NetEase.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES) today announced that Blizzard Entertainment®’s World of Warcraft® will be licensed to an affiliated company of NetEase.com, Inc. in mainland China for a term of 3 years following the expiration of the current license agreement.

for more, please check http://forum.playbbg.com/index.php?topic=33.0

my road is long

Comments

• belymeriobelymerio Member Posts: 44

Chinese gamers are creazy about such news

If our MMORPG Admin noticed this news, wish you can post it On MMORPG thank you

my road is long

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Do chinesse farmers sell gold in chinesse servers?

Sure

my road is long

Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by belymerio

Chinese gamers are creazy about such news
    If our MMORPG Admin noticed this news, wish you can post it On MMORPG thank you

Tough luck.

Who would even be interested in 6.000.000+ players still waiting for their WotLK stuff ?

Certainly not mmorpg.com. Such a trivial amount of people isn't worthwhile to talk about in here.

let's talk about the 6 K Darkfall and the 600 (!) yearly votes that voted LotrO as best game on mmorpg.com.

Trivial..?????????

I think all players thoughout the globe all tegether are absolutely less than Chinese Gamers 

my road is long

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

Belymerio I think you need to adjust the settings on your sarcasm monitor.  Unless your being too sarcastic too then i need to adjust the settings on my sarcasm monitor.

It is said that the stock went down at over 15%, I am not sure. Anyways, the victims are gamers

my road is long

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Websites like this don't maintain a 24/7 watch on news services so they tend to lag a bit behing the first announcemet. Add in that the target audience here isn't Chinese and you can see why they didn't get the word out sooner. I hope this works out for ActiBlizz so my stock goes up again.

I posted this rumor yesterday in the WOW forums before it was official

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/229241/Chinese-WoW-provider-The9-faces-bankruptcy-in-wake-of-Wrath-woes.html

Massively had coverage

www.massively.com/2009/04/15/the9-reportedly-loses-wow-license-in-china-to-netease/

(edit to fix link)

I posted this breaking news today, hoping MMORPG.COM will cover this.

my road is long