Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If they don't like your name... YOUR PERMANENTLY BANNED!

prowprow Member Posts: 188

Jesus what is wrong with this company?  Check out Tasos's post:

forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php

Here is a quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Tasos

In 48 hours characters with names made in an effort to confuse GMs and other players, for example adding a string of lower cap L’s and upper case I’s (IlIlIIIl) in their names will start getting their host accounts permanently banned. If you have a character like that, delete him and make a new one with a proper name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a picture for future references if they erase this thread:

Don't permanently ban someone because you have no clue how to code a way into your system to be able to rename their character's names... DON'T PERMANENTLY BAN SOMEONE FOR YOUR INCOMPETIENCE!

Comments

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Probably has something to do with incidents like THIS.

• bagnolbagnol Member UncommonPosts: 62
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by bagnol on
  • MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Once again, MMO 101 seems to have escaped the makers of darkfall.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

So instead of forcing renames, the best solution they can give to people is.... "Delete your character and make a new one?"  That's a move I would expect from an incompetent company.  For a company that made a sandbox game for people that supposedly want to think "outside" the box.  They sure did pick the laziest way possible to solve this.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• prowprow Member Posts: 188
    Originally posted by Paragus1

Doesn't matter...  What if someone wanted a crazy name and they weren't actually NOT A HACKER?!  OH NOES!

But seriously, what else do we expect since this game was made in a 3rd world country that doesn't have "free speech" to make whatever name they wanted... but whatever...   =)

Can this game hurry up and go away so we can have another mmo come in its place...

Also...

WHY NOT ALLOW THEM TO CHANGE THEIR NAME????????????

Permanently banning people for this is ridiculous... 

Originally posted by prow

Doesn't matter...  What if someone wanted a crazy name and they weren't actually NOT A HACKER?!  OH NOES!

But seriously, what else do we expect since this game was made in a 3rd world country that doesn't have "free speech" to make whatever name they wanted... but whatever...   =)

Can this game hurry up and go away so we can have another mmo come in its place...

No such things as free speech on a privately held forum or game.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Was saying this is just an example of an idiotic gaming company...

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Yeah this game just gets more and more sad by the day...

• robertbrobertb Member UncommonPosts: 684

Also...

WHY NOT ALLOW THEM TO CHANGE THEIR NAME????????????

Permanently banning people for this is ridiculous... 

Was actually one of my suggestions.

Glad to see the dev team listens... ;)

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Hey I'm not defending the route they are taking, I was just trying to show you what might be behind the decision.

If you want the game to go away so bad, you know you could just go follow another game.   For someone who is not interested in darkfall and wants it to go away, you had this thread created within a few minutes of his update on the official forums.   Do you always follow the official forums so closely of games you want to go away?

• tlbabstlbabs Member Posts: 30

Could it be that if they permaban a paying customer they can now add a new paying customer since  their  thousands of  full servers  now have  one less person?

• mcquaidedmcquaided Member Posts: 157

on a side not i do like Tasos pathetic futile attempt to scare hackers. Catuious hackers get away with their dirty deeds in games that have all the information server side yet Darkfall that has been confirmed to have most of the data client side can log and detect hacking. LOL .

Im going to sell you a dream.

No, you were just saying it because you don't know what your talking about.

----------

How are you?" -Me

No, you were just saying it because you don't know what your talking about.

Mommy help me :'(

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

1. It's their game, their rules - play by them or sod off.

2. Anyone named iLLiLLi ( IllIllI ) has chosen that name to be a jerk, period.

I have seen it in many games, exploiters and cheaters use these names to make it very hard to report them effectively i.e Planetside.

3. Why didn't they foresee this nonsense by enforcing a software naming policy?

4. Good for them.

• Vince_GVince_G Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by nikoliath

I have seen it in many games, exploiters and cheaters use these names to make it very hard to report them effectively i.e Planetside.
    4. Good for them.

totally agree.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

Its a shame to see what course this game is sailing. It looked promising but so far i only hear disapoiting things about the game, either by players or by reading stuff on their verry imature and amateur forum. Also i find it hard to take a game seriouse when the creators do not even attempt to update their game site, its allmost like they don't give a damn about their game and thats a real shame.

Perhaps things will change when they launch the US server but for now im staying a hell far away from this game and just prey that maybe one day it catches my intrest to play. Cause the concept still is a nice one and im a bit tired of all the themepark wanna be WoW MMORPG's.

Banning people for having Il (iL) in their names i find weird. You can create normal names with those letters and its really weak to say you have to delete your char. Would be something if Blizz would do that on RP servers where you see people with lvl 80's having names like "Deathrogue" and blizz telling them "Yeah you can't have that name on a RP server...so....delete your char...yup we know you worked hard for it...but do we look like we give a damn about you?". Atm the game really gives the idea that they don't care about the game nor the players...this is just from all the bad things i been reading about it, sorry for those who enjoy the game and see it the total different way, im sure there are nice things in it aswell. Like the politics between guilds and the wars..that must be awesome yes.

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667

I can remember back in DAoC the wife and I named our Inf's Fuukyu and Fuukmi

Within 72 hours we log in and our new Inf names were Fugiowah and Fogiowah.

We did it as a joke and it seemed the devs had a even better joke on us. We just laughed at our new names. Still played the toons as well.

I have had my name forcefully changed in quite a few MMO's.

So this step by the DFO devs just seems Sofa King We Todd Did.

Anyway, who knows anymore what these guys are doing, I don't even think they know anymore.

4. Good for them.

So permanently banning people for having these names and NOT allowing them to change their name instead is fine with you?  wtf?

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175

i love it. idiots who make chars with stupid names get pwned. it's exactly how it should be.

another victory for zero idiot tolerance.

in before yet more crying from the carebear crowd.

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175

4. Good for them.

So permanently banning people for having these names and NOT allowing them to change their name instead is fine with you?  wtf?

of course. you'd only name your char that way if you were a dumbass kid. the fewer dumbasses in the game the better.

Originally posted by javac

i love it. idiots who make chars with stupid names get pwned. it's exactly how it should be.

another victory for zero idiot tolerance.

in before yet more crying from the carebear crowd.

Carebear?  Is that your defense?  Are you that ignorant?

So they have no clue how to code their shitty game so they start banning people instead of allowing them to change their names.. wtf are you people smoking?

Originally posted by javac

4. Good for them.

of course. you'd only name your char that way if you were a dumbass kid. the fewer dumbasses in the game the better.

Answer my question please... Do you care if they permanently ban people because they don't know how to code their shitty game to allow name changes?  Or why don't the devs change their names automatically to random names?

Please stop trying to defend this game... its not working...

• robertbrobertb Member UncommonPosts: 684

4. Good for them.

Indeed, they can delete their il-named character and reroll another with a more appropriate name.

The Darkfall community is infested with baboons. As such, it is best to deal with them using a very large stick, imo...