Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool me...

Once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Age of Fail was sooo bad who is going to make the mistake of trying this game.

Funcom lost all credibility.

Comments

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

meh I had no technical issues what so ever with AoC. The game just wasn't for me after the free month so i stopped playing. No harm no foul honestly. I never crashed, performance was great, and the servers were up when I played.

Although like I said the game wasn't for me so I quit at level 29ish and I hold no grudge against funcom because they didn't screw me over.

On the other hand I absolutely loved Anarchy Online and that game alone gives funcom enough credibility with me. So I'll definitely give this game a fair chance.

• repsemrepsem Member Posts: 8

I doubt it will be out anytime soon.  By the time it comes out, most people will have forgotten about all the fail.

• Reccax626Reccax626 Member Posts: 17

I don't know man, the fail was pretty bad. I never had so much fail slammed into my face before.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

AoC at its core is a great game with a great combat system. IMO the reason it failed at launch is the same reason most mmo's fail... simply being rushed out the door due to growing costs and lack of income.

Going back to AoC today, and 90% of the technical issues are fixed, and pretty much everything promised at launch is now in. Had AoC gone live last may with what it has today, I believe it would have been a great success for those who like that style of play.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

age of conan was crap, but its pretty pigheaded to just say all their games so forth will fail on launch.

I will follow this game and reserve my opinion for when there is more then just a 2minute video to base my opinion on.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• riceae02riceae02 Member UncommonPosts: 180

Wow I can only surmise that you guys have not played Age of Conan lately.  It is without a doubt the best game out now. Don't know about high levels yet as I enjoy getting to those levels  (with almost every class) when I play a game just as much as I enjoy high end content.

I played the game at launch liked it, had no proplems what so ever with it but left because of population. I tried it again based on DX 10 now being out and the new improvements and let me tell you it is absolutely gorgeous and runs without a hitch. Best graphics, Best combat system, decent classes, decent gameplay, gore, adult themes, and new content. Funcom has not been sitting down on the job. They have admitted releasing an unfinshed game and moved on to making this a polished game.

If you don't have the system to play this game ... don't hate the game ... hate the player :)

If you are wondering my machine stats:

At launch was running: CPU = AMD FX60, 4 gb ram, 8800 GT, Comcast cable

Now I'm running a Gateway: CPU = i7 920, 3 gb DDR3, ATI 4850, Comcast cable

Neither of these are top of the line machines and like I said no problems what so ever ... ever.

And now The Secrete World sounds like it's gonna be HoTT ... nice comback  FUNcom.

• pundopundo Member Posts: 7

Gotta agree with last post here. Age of Conan is superb atm. Its a joy just hanging inside the game. I get that Ironforge feeling whenever Im in the city. I also feel powerful when playing my character, its really hard punching sound and graphics that makes me sit at the edge of my seat.

When it comes to the secret world I am expecting nothing less than great stories and innovative style of play from funcom. If you're not too big fan of instances, there is nothing to worry about in TSW. Its gonna be more of an open feel. Im looking forward to this!

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

Dirge Of Cerberus was trash.  People will still buy SE games and love them.

EA makes trash titles all day, but Madden still sells millions.

I could keep going but I think my point is clear.  All companies make a bad game from time to time.  That doesn't mean all the games they will ever make after that one bad title will be trash.

This game looks to be vastly different, in it's setting and story, from any MMO i've seen.  Ever.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Reccax626

I don't know man, the fail was pretty bad. I never had so much fail slammed into my face before.

Let me see.

Vanguard

Matrix Online

Tabula Rasa

Warhammer Online

Need to go on?

So try harder with trolling,

Gaute left Funcom. Gaute was responsible for their 2 bad MMO launches.

So give it a rest already. We will see how this turns out.

It can be a success and a very good game. Or it can fail. Just like with any other game out there.

Cheers

• qbangy32qbangy32 Member Posts: 681
    Originally posted by Reccax626

Once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
    Age of Fail was sooo bad who is going to make the mistake of trying this game.
    Funcom lost all credibility.

It's being created by an entirely different team to AoC, also amongst the team are ppl who joined from other MMO's such as Everquest.

I wouldn't assume that the game is going to fail without seeing proof first.

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

Trolling

• Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.

For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.
    • /closed
This discussion has been closed.