Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fasaria World - great MMO for fans of old school EQ type MMOs.

Comments

• MazrakMazrak Member Posts: 37

I know the rules,fact is guy has a opinion different than what you wanted and you don't like it,that's fine.Asking people to not post anything but positive things in this thread or bugger off isn't.You called him "mister 4 post man" so looks like you broke the rules too.

• yodablazeyodablaze Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by Mazrak

I know the rules,fact is guy has a opinion different than what you wanted and you don't like it,that's fine.Asking people to not post anything but positive things in this thread or bugger off isn't.You called him "mister 4 post man" so looks like you broke the rules too.

This is getting off topic and it sounds childish at this point. Most readers would look at this as being a bit intentional. If you read this topic it is flooded with honest opinions and advice, not all were positive. Opinions are also welcomed even though I have the same right to defend or discredit any negativity said about our game. If I give the suggestion to ignore this topic, I have a right to do that as well. I mean, I welcome it. I'm only here because the people willed me here. This game and this topic can just be ignored and everyone has the right to do that equally and let it die off.

There is obviously a very big interest in this game else there would not have been so many posts on it. The question is, what is the "intent" behind the people posting. The initial intent was an excited player who wanted people to check this game out. I personally would have never posted on these discussion boards knowing that it is a very tough crowd. It was done anyway and from there I've been keeping up to date with all comments requests and interest.

If your intent is to hijack the topic, get off subject and encourage others to do the same, that I have every right to voice against.

• littlemonkeylittlemonkey Member UncommonPosts: 61

Yodablaze, as "Lead Developer" for Fasaria World, do you really have the time to hangout here harassing people who have a different opinion of your game than you do?

I mean the game just launched! Surely there must be SOMETHING that needs doing in Fasaria World. A tweak here, a balance there. Anything?

Why don't you do us all a favor and go make your game even better.

littlemonkey

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by yodablaze

I would prefer a positive community of members who enjoy the game and each other's company so if you are a rare case that do not like the game, just ignore this topic, ignore our website and never look upon us again.

Be realistic - this is the Internet, and that is never going to happen.  You step into the limelight, and you'll get the good and the bad in varying proportions.  True story.

Originally posted by littlemonkey

Yodablaze, as "Lead Developer" for Fasaria World, do you really have the time to hangout here harassing people who have a different opinion of your game than you do?
    I mean the game just launched! Surely there must be SOMETHING that needs doing in Fasaria World. A tweak here, a balance there. Anything?
    Why don't you do us all a favor and go make your game even better.
    littlemonkey

Over 40 people purchased our game from reading this topic. I consider it at least partially important to reply here and make time to discuss with members.

Trolling is something I don't support even for other games.

Originally posted by Dibdabs

I would prefer a positive community of members who enjoy the game and each other's company so if you are a rare case that do not like the game, just ignore this topic, ignore our website and never look upon us again.

Be realistic - this is the Internet, and that is never going to happen.  You step into the limelight, and you'll get the good and the bad in varying proportions.  True story.

That might be true here or on other communities, not with our community. I've run free browser based games with rules to protect the integrity and positivity of the game and the players and this is also true with Fasaria World. Our members prefer it positive. You can have your opinions about how to constructively help build or improve the game and community but our community is not a breeding ground for back bitters or trouble makers. Most seasoned gaming communities and sites do the same.

You may want to make up 1000 different reasons why you should have the right to and get away with just trashing a game for fun, kicks or personal reasons here or other places but I do not agree with it even as a seasoned gamer. I wrote countless reviews for video games, ran a gaming site and clans of over 250 players of each and it's always been in my character to give constructive reasoning behind your criticism. 

There were times in my early stages of gaming that I would play a game briefly and devise a quick opinion about it and then share that opinion with others. There were several games I played for a short time as a beginning gamer, dismissed as being a piece of “dung” and then running off into the midst of gamers to share my discovery only to find out that they had a very different perspective of the game, mainly because they actually spent more than one hour playing it. Some of those games I treated hastily, I returned to them based upon the constant praise of other gamers. Over time, my opinion of the game changed dramatically. Also over time and experience, I graduated from a casual player into a veteran, veteran into video game developer and realized that it is unwise to judge or review a video game without fully playing it through. Even game reviewers who are paid to review games must play it extensively even if the game wasn’t good, before writing a review. 

Most vets are not game developers, but most seasoned players are very careful what they have to say about a game, good or bad before they’ve done their full research or played a game through. All they have is their reputation, all they have is their word and their advice is gold. If a generalization is made, it is never made with a conclusive statement that would make players believe he/she has arrived at a full review. Vets advice are often timed revered by other seasoned gamers. Casual players or “new gamers” tend to do things a bit differently. They say the first thing that pops into their head and other casual gamers believe it.

Opinions are welcomed, it is just that I am use to constructive opinions or ones based upon experience, not hasty speculation.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

Question: Why no trial? This game looks decent, but I'd rather not waste $10 to find out.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by sanders01

Question: Why no trial? This game looks decent, but I'd rather not waste $10 to find out.

trial is forthcoming but not available yet --- it was mentioned earlier in this thread

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by sanders01

trial is forthcoming but not available yet --- it was mentioned earlier in this thread

Ah thanks.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Most vets are not game developers, but most seasoned players are very careful what they have to say about a game, good or bad before they’ve done their full research or played a game through. All they have is their reputation, all they have is their word and their advice is gold. If a generalization is made, it is never made with a conclusive statement that would make players believe he/she has arrived at a full review. Vets advice are often timed revered by other seasoned gamers. Casual players or “new gamers” tend to do things a bit differently. They say the first thing that pops into their head and other casual gamers believe it.

Thus the reason I've yet to post my thoughts and opinions about this game.  Sure there are some things I think could use a little work and I've posted as such on the official forums where it can be seen and addressed.  It seems to me most of the negative comments in this thread are just blatant attacks on this game for no reason what so ever.  Not that it's anything new.

No problem guys, don't worry about it.

Margulis, it was nice of you posting the topic and it gained a lot of attention for what it's worth. Thanks for that. There are a lot of people from this post who supported Fasaria World and took advantage of the special we offered, I would like to say thank you to all of you if any read this post.

MMORPG is great and although you can't win people over just by advertising, we are highly in support of doing so here when the time comes.

I can't say I'm disappointed at all. Even though just one person wasn't satisfied, that can not hinder the support and positive feedback we've gotten so far. People here for the most part have been great, especially because most people here didn't even know what our game was until you posted. No need to keep this topic going, it went on even longer than expected but I'm glad I had the opportunity to share with the players here at mmorpg.

If anyone has any questions or input, you can always contact me or better yet, just visit the site and join the community. Take care for now.

• Starburst77Starburst77 Member Posts: 17

My name is Starburst, I saw the link to this topic on the Fasaria World discussion board and was a little surprised how much attention it received.

Some players know me in the game. I’m a level 10 character that has been playing Fasaria World for about a week now. I haven’t had the time to play as often as I would like to, but so far I like the experience. It’s a cool game to get into and pretty fun so far. I played wow and have a level 42 ranger so FW is a cool game to come back to and a bit different in many ways. I like the many activities so far like fairy dusting and farming is real nice. I haven’t gotten that far yet but it is darn fun so far as I’ve played. I like it when people are on but it’s not as active as other mmos’ I’ve played. That’s not a very bad thing, I like the solo activities and getting a merc is also fun. The game seemed a little dry when I first started playing but it is turning out to be very fun. In a lot of ways, I’m having more fun than WoW so I hope it does get better as I level up and progress in the game. I do hope more people play as well as I just like the company. I’m one of the few females I’ve seen in the game and would like more females to play especially older ones as I’m an older gamer (not that old).

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by Starburst77

I played wow and have a level 42 ranger ...

You do?!?!?!

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

When a game is recommended by people with a single post, I think it's an advertisement ( usually by the company ) as opposed to a recommendation.

There's a *big* difference between the two, and it's enough to make me pass on a game.

• drasilgamedrasilgame Member Posts: 58

Go buy the game, it's awesome.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by drasilgame

What is awesome about it?  I can't find a single review.

Originally posted by brostyn

There are few people who purchased the game and gave a bit of an overview of the game on this topic but you have to search through it. A lot of players like to level up high before writing a review or what they type can sound a little like predetermined speculation. We will be updating our site soon with more info and there are a few reviews there. Our game isn't very popular so not a lot has been said about it yet.

One good thing is that we are having a trial event soon on this website. You can download the game when you see it and decide if you like it or not. I'm aware that the game wouldn't be for everyone but so far a lot of people like it, most of those who bought the game like it a lot. The trial gives you limited access to the game but it's enough to get the basic feel of Fasaria World which we believe that's all that players want is a feel for it to see if it is for them or not. You can wait on the trial and decide then if you like.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

There are few people who purchased the game and gave a bit of an overview of the game on this topic but you have to search through it. A lot of players like to level up high before writing a review or what they type can sound a little like predetermined speculation. We will be updating our site soon with more info and there are a few reviews there. Our game isn't very popular so not a lot has been said about it yet.

One good thing is that we are having a trial event soon on this website. You can download the game when you see it and decide if you like it or not. I'm aware that the game wouldn't be for everyone but so far a lot of people like it, most of those who bought the game like it a lot. The trial gives you limitted access to the game but it's enough to get the basic feel ofFasaria World which we believe that's all that players want is a feel for it to see if it is for them or not. You can wait on the trial and decide then.

With all due respect, I am getting rather tired with "soon" everything is always "soon" could you possibly be more specific? 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month etc.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by toddze

There are few people who purchased the game and gave a bit of an overview of the game on this topic but you have to search through it. A lot of players like to level up high before writing a review or what they type can sound a little like predetermined speculation. We will be updating our site soon with more info and there are a few reviews there. Our game isn't very popular so not a lot has been said about it yet.

One good thing is that we are having a trial event soon on this website. You can download the game when you see it and decide if you like it or not. I'm aware that the game wouldn't be for everyone but so far a lot of people like it, most of those who bought the game like it a lot. The trial gives you limitted access to the game but it's enough to get the basic feel ofFasaria World which we believe that's all that players want is a feel for it to see if it is for them or not. You can wait on the trial and decide then.

With all due respect, I am getting rather tired with "soon" everything is always "soon" could you possibly be more specific? 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month etc.

Yeah, sorry for being so brief. The nice people at MMORPG are working on it as we speak. It may be a few days at most. We will have things ready on our part in the morning, ready to go. They'll let us know once everything is ready on their end. Please remember, we are a small company so keep that in mind when playing our game. I never like to give out high hopes. So far a lot of players seem to like it, but you won't really know until you play it if it's the game for you or not. Hope to build a great community of players that continue to say great things about the game and like it a lot. Who wants to be part of a community where most players have buyer's remorse? I don't .

I don't want to push anything on anybody, I do want players to like the game and enjoy coming back to it. You can imagine how we feel on our end. We can't please everybody but we want most people to enjoy their experience with Fasaria World. One brick at a time, one step at a time for us. We are gradually building a community of appreciative members. This topic was started by someone who showed love for the game, just hope we can make more players happy with it.

• What version of realm crafter are you using?

EDIT : Okay apparantly not pro according to RC forums, i REALLY hope you guys plan on upgrading everything when they release the professional version! I'm sure the game is fantastic but i really can't justify spending money on something that has been made from a third party engine (a rather poor one at that).

Maybe when you've utilised all the extra features that come with pro i will try it.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

First of all I want to say you made a brave move coming into these forums to defend your company's MMO. You will get wanted attention but mostly unwanted attention it happens with every new MMO be it indie or otherwise. I understand you are going word of mouth because advertising is expensive and I'm not saying you are taking the wrong steps but spending your time here instead of over on your own turf is a mistake. People base opinions on other comments be it good or bad. However you answered and responded very professionally up to a point, once one user came here say something negative about the game I got a glimpse of the unprofessional yodablaze.

As an indie gamer and application/web programmer myself I commend you on your achieve of launching your first 3d MMO it is defiantly something to be excited about.

However the more and more I read about the game it turned me off when I realized the money digging is already starting. I understand you need money to keep up development and there in lies the problem with current payment model. As other people stated it would be way better as subscription base, even just $5 a month for a decent indie title, gamers will be willing to pay that to support the MMO. My main problem with your current model is one time payment, you can't grow with that income there is no way in hell. You are hoping to god people will buy the cash shop items. The community features really had me shocked:

We will be giving a free 1 year membership to all paid members to enjoy all the community features on our community site very soon. What this would include is private messaging, chat room, ability to make guilds and join guilds on the site, invite members as buddies, make blogs and invite buddies to view your blog, upload in game videos and more. We want to build a happy community and encourage players to make friends and keep in touch. We will add this offer soon so stay tuned.

So charge people for how the world wide web operates freely; youtube, flickr, twitter, facebook, myspace, msn, yahoo, skype and every other video sharing, image sharing, chat shoutting, community feature site does 100% ABSOLUTELY FREE! It's insane, an MMO is not a content site where you can freely run advertisements to rake in extra income, but you can not pull this off with this payment model.

I beg you to rethink this payment model. You say most of the members enjoy and like how things are but really how long can you run a business under this model? Not very long. If you only have a handful of dedicated members, I'm sure your members would appreciate it more if they can count on continued development on the game rather than seeing it shut down shortly.

I hope you don't take this as offensive and take it as constructed criticism.

Also as said many of times get that trial out there ASAP this will be your main selling point be it any payment model. In this day and age in a world where the economy is still recovering from a lot of the major players, people are less willing to just chuck money your way and hope for the best.

However if they try it and like you got an instant sale.

Think on that yoda, cheers.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.

Just a few notes here I wanted to make.

I appreciate the helpful advice and sincerity in it but our model is working for us just fine. We aren't rich but we defeinitely aren't starved for cash. We had succesful browser based games before the launch of this game so we had a good idea how we wanted to build things.

1. Our community isn't like most communities. We are not looking for it to be flooded with just anyone over night. Those who pay for the game appreciate it. We believe it is worth the price as do those who bought it for that price. We are not looking for any and everybody to join, just players who value the worth of the game and community. It is working for us pretty well thus far. We gave a special stimulus coupon for players a little while back so they could get the game for only 9.95 but that is a one time thing.

2. All of our community features are NOT open to the public just basic features like forum and profile edit. Again, we've done this before and we are not looking for over night popularity. We want quality over quantity and want to build a quality community of members who play the game, not spectators or spam bots. We are not myspace. Anyone can build an active community if he/she knows what they are doing but not every company can build one of quality. Based upon our experience, that takes time and lots of attention. Some people want that and value that. This isn't just what we believe, this is what we have seen to be true.

3. I've always been open to the people, I'm not sure if that will change. Thousands played our browser based games and I was very social on our chat boxes and discussion boards. Many players spread the word of our games, quite like the example of the player that made this topic. The people made us who we are, it has done well for us to reach out a bit.

4. RC Pro will not make you a pro at game development. We are the first to do what we did because well, we knew a little bit about game development before we used the engine.

• merruamerrua Member Posts: 12

Good luck with the game Yoda. Hope ye get a decent base of happy players.

I like hearing about indy rpgs and I've had fun playing some old style favoured ones.  I like DOMO and its supposed to be a bit like old everquest. 

I don't think I'd buy a game without trying it over the net, (ive picked up warhammer and guild wars without trying them first from game shops), but I'm sure others will try it and the trial should bring more in. 

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by xTwiSteDx

I'm sure the game is fantastic but i really can't justify spending money on something that has been made from a third party engine....

DAoC - NetImmerse Engine

Just a few games - Unreal Engine

Warhammer Online - NetImmerse/Gamebryo

Speaking of Gamebryo, that would include Oblivion and Morrowind in the list of games you wouldn't spend money on.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • IonselonIonselon Member Posts: 248

I bought the $9.95 special offer over the weekend and played a Mystic Elf Ranger up to level 5.  Based on this short time of playing, here are some of my observations.

GRAPHICS - We'll go ahead and get this area out of the way first.  The graphics are very similar to the original EQ prior to the graphics upgrade.  For those who insist on nothing less than the very latest graphics, you can quit reading now.  This game isn't for you.

My toon ran in a semi-squatted position, making him look like he didn't have any buns.  I sure this would be devastating on a female toon.  :)  Collision detection is spotty; you can run thru a huge tree but not other things.

WORLD ENVIRONMENT - We're going to lose some more folk with this area.  To my surprise, I found that the world is almost all instanced; think Guild Wars.  You have an area that has vendor, quest and crafting NPCs where players will congregate.  Questing will require entering one of the several instances that open from this main area.  Also, you can't go everywhere you can see, just like in GW.

I encountered some environmental effects such as day and night cycles, and the occasional rainstorm complete with thunder and lightening.  This added to the ambience of the game.  It would be nice to have some ambient sounds added, such as birds chirping, etc.

QUESTING - This is the area that I was most looking forward to as it's what I consider to set "old school" and current MMOs apart.  So far, the quests are the typical kill X mobs or go talk to a particular NPC.  Unfortunately, for me at least, the quest tracking system was not working correctly.  Apparently the "QUEST Count" tracker is easily confused and will track the wrong number of mobs being killed.  For example, I had two quests, one to kill 100 deer and another to kill 25 boars.  When I started killing the deer, the Quest Count started at 1/25 (remember the quest was to kill 100 deer).  When I got to 25/25, I received the message that I had completed the quest and to return to the quest NPC.  When I did that, the NPC said that I hadn't completed the quest, and to make matters worse, my Quest Count was reset to zero, so I lost all credit for the deer that I had already killed.  Also, it appears that you can have only one quest at a time and if you take more, unpredictable things happen.  Hopefully this is something that is easy to correct.

MUSIC - I thought the music was appropriate for the game and quickly blended into the background.  It didn't seem repetitive to me at all.

PERFORMANCE - I knew that the requirements would be low for this game, so I installed it on a backup gaming computing that has an Intel 1.6 Ghz dual core processor, 3 Megs of RAM and a 8500GT/512 Meg video card.  The only performance problems that I had was when other people would be present in the starting area, I would sometimes get lag when they were fighting mobs.  I assume this will be true in other parts of the game, but I never saw anyone after leaving the starting area.

As yodablaze has stated many times, FS is not a game for everybody.  For me, I'll probably continue to play it as my secondary PvE game behind Vanguard. 

Hopefully this brief summary, based on my first 5 levels of gameplay, will be of help in deciding if you want to try the game or not.

Ion