Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ether Saga Online: Content and the Business Model

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

TITLEWhile attending the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco we had the opportunity to talk to Craig Beers from Perfect World Entertainment about their recently launched MMORPG, Ether Saga Online. In part two we learn about the game's content and business model.

Watch Content and the Business Model

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• rehprehp Member Posts: 16

Ya can't remap keys, no inverse mouse options, click to move and that's it,  when they fix all that I'll be interested then.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Business model: have the most expensive item shops in the business and make the items necessary for gameplay.

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

Interesting to contrast the Bioware guys and Ragnar Tørnquist with this guy and all the other (not really) free-to-plays  -

One group primarily Loves Gaming and they happen to make good money doing what they love,

the other group primarily Loves Money and they use a game as a vehicle to make more of it.

The former follow the higher, more enlightened path.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I ahve been playing Ether Saga for few days now and it needs so much work.   It could be a fun/cute game, but this having to buy items to compete at the higher levels just blows.  I doubt I will continue to play it.