Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

its all down to the combat system

JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

the game sounds really interesting very exciting to hear there will be no classes or levels! the graphics will likely be ace since its same engine as aoc.

what will make or break this game for me now is the combat system. aoc was slightly twitch on mele classes anyway. but if its auto attack its just going to be another step backwards imo.

My blog: image

Comments

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

I expect it to be a 3rd person shooter much like Fallen Earth and Darkfall.  Only time will tell though.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Consensus

the game sounds really interesting very exciting to hear there will be no classes or levels! the graphics will likely be ace since its same engine as aoc.
    what will make or break this game for me now is the combat system. aoc was slightly twitch on mele classes anyway. but if its auto attack its just going to be another step backwards imo.

I hope it is auto-combat.

Auto-combat lets you talk, think about strategy, and interact a bit more.

Twitch combat leads you to spam and strafe, with no time to talk unless you are Vent or something, and basically caters to the over-caffeinated, ADD, spastic crowd.  Spamming and strafing gets very, very old after awhile.

As a rule, "auto-combat" works best for MMO's, and "twitch combat" works best for FPS games.

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

On the contrary, what will make or break this game for me is the breadth of non-combat options.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Nikopol

On the contrary, what will make or break this game for me is the breadth of non-combat options.

Exactly. This is an interesting read for anyone who hasnt seen it http://www.crygaia.com/tsw/reveal/factsheet.jpg 

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I actually hope it would be auto-attack combat, but just done very well. Twitch combat just doesn't feel right for MMO's and it takes away from socializing or strategy just like others have said. I also hope that combat is not 100% of the focus either.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by Nikopol

Bingo. I'm thinking this is going to be much more of a adventure game MMO than your average "hack, slash, get loot, continue" kinda deal. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!