Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The countdown on the official site.

aZzAYaZzAY Member Posts: 59

Ends on december 2012. I hope its the release date or ill shoot myself.

Comments

• OssotOssot Member Posts: 10

In that case, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it isnt

• chazmyrchazmyr Member Posts: 69

LoL or just the Mayan calendar....fitting for a Horror Based game >.>

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by chazmyr

LoL or just the Mayan calendar....fitting for a Horror Based game >.>

It must be because from the little code puzzle a lot of the questions hade mythology in it.

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

In his blog, Tornquist stated it is not the release date, way back.

It points to the end of the present cycle, according to the Mayan long Count (calendar) and has been a popular date for the end of the world, specially in the past few years.  probably it points at a very important date in the game story, as those numbers (dec. 12, 20129 have showed up in several of the puzzle elements.  Perhaps it's when the massive apocalyptic event is supposed to happen or something like that.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

*ponders*

They might even set off some actual nukes ... Next Gen games ask for Next Gen marketing campaigns, right? ... and considering how agressive AoC's marketing was and still is, they need some serious heavy hitters to out do themselves :)

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

the premise of the coming apocalyptic event points to more mystical sources, instead of nukes FC should summon an demon from the outer realms and set it lose in NY, or something.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by Gargola

the premise of the coming apocalyptic event points to more mystical sources, instead of nukes FC should summon an demon from the outer realms and set it lose in NY, or something.

Yeah, that would do the trick. Or just blast the Funcom logo in the surface of the moon with 'The Secret World, Out Now' in 100 mile high letters.

I really wonder when that will happen ... the first advertisement projected on the moon surface ... *shivers*