Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worth playing?

xushengxusheng Member Posts: 30

people suggesteds me this game in LF game and i just wanted to know if it was worth playing.

Comments

• NoonSolarisNoonSolaris Member Posts: 4

Well you're supposedly on a forums for fans/players of Shaiya, chances are they won't tell you the game sux (or they're masochists).

So, true to that, I'll tell you what makes Shaiya a great game:

- loads of pvp, with a real impact on whatever side wins because of the Blessing of Godess: a xp, crafting, HP, magic boost. Plus, pvp can be access even as a low level, as there's a pvp map specifically for levels 1 to 15. There are also GuildVsGuilds events

- Real nice 3D graphics with nice effects. Arguably, the ground textures are a bit of a weak point, but the reflections in the waters are superb.

- Leveling isn't too hard in the begining or in Normal mode, thanks to lots of quests. Ok, so you are "grinding" in a way, hacking away at monsters. But the quests keep it from being to repetitive.

- Free to play. There's an item shop, but it doesn't unbalance the game. Which means it's not "mandatory", except for UM chars (they are deleted from the servers if they die and aren't resurrected in 3 minutes... there are items in the mall to prevent that. ^^;). There are promotions running while you play, but the announcements aren't so close to one another and easy to ignore.

- Very, very regular events, on average one a day.

For some more information, I can only advise the official site.

• The_LiThe_Li Member Posts: 2

Actually, while the Item Mall doesn't -too- badly affect PvE levelling in Shaiya, the higher levels (Hard mode 50 and above) will struggle to get anywhere without purchasing exp boosts and as such it's a massively horrendous grind-fest (typical to Korean games).

But PvP is MADLY unbalanced!  You have to go up against people who spend $150+ on power up items every week who are basically untouchable and every single zone on the Lailah server is dominated by these players...

Also there's little to no support, it's just money farming, so your usual "free" game there... It's a shame, Shaiya could be the best game out there, but the lack of care and blatant money-grubbing ultimately ruin it.

• NoonSolarisNoonSolaris Member Posts: 4

Well, Shaiya is definitely not the worse when it comes to items mall being "mandatory" or big spenders being overpowerful. Most of the items in the mall are temporary... and the build of the character and the startegy matter.

Even with a UM char (which means I need rez stone), I spend less on Shaiya every month than I would on a submission-based MMO.

But hey, I'm partial, since I love the game... ;) Thanks for a least introducing hte "other" side in the discussion. :D

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Did you try Runes of Magic? Looks to be a much better game than this one. But since they are both free, you can try them both :)

• The_LiThe_Li Member Posts: 2

I did try Runes of Magic, and I have to say I detested it within minutes, sorry! lol

Games either grab me or they don't, Shaiya did (for all its faults) but what I'm really looking forward to is, you guessed it.... AION!

• 175101144181175101144181 Member Posts: 10

Shaiya is worth playing because it is easy to level. only that mounts are for high levels so you need to walk more. has pvps(light vs dark), dungens, town teleports (no item kind) and lots of other things that other games have.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Atlantica online is much better in almost every single aspect Cash shop, game play, music, graphics and all.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Disappointing, the character creation is really minimal,  very few choices of character toons means that there are a lot of  identical looking toons, not that its graphically all that complex, all in all, i preferred PWI, out of the free games anyway.  i doubt whether this game has any longevity tbh, it doesnt look that good even at high resolutions, which is a shame as the advertising game trailer looked pretty good, shame it wasnt representative of actual game play graphics..

• razowiecrazowiec Member Posts: 5

The game isn't bad at all, but what annoys me is that you have no bussines to go to pvp map until you reach lvl 15 on hard mode. Why? Because pvp maps are the same for characters of all modes, and the harder mode is the better is your character ( i.e. on normal: you get 5 stat points per lvl, and hard mode char gets 7), and char from normal really has no chance against players form hard mode. 

You might say: " ok, no proble I'll start to play on hard mode". No, you won't because to play on hard mode you need to finish normal one first, which means you have to lvl up you char from 1 to at least 40 lvl, then forget about this char and make a new one on hard mode. 

• SweetSenseSweetSense Member Posts: 33

grinding fiesta. Nothing new under sun, all same creap...quests like "go there kill spiders , grab 10 spider leg and brig to me" , farming like you start from little spider and end with some ugly beast .

For old players yes is a good game for new ones? try something else.....or in PvP maps if you dont have a hard mode char you dont have a chance.

The only thing that unbalance the game is this easy hard normal mode. But the rest is all the same (see 2moons , 9Dragons , 12Sky ,Rappelz etc etc) GRIND FIESTA..going back to my warhammer ...at least there is more intresting

Peace!

never cry ......just screem

• slavkecslavkec Member Posts: 20

This game is a pure grind. No need to do the quests, they'll just slow you down (except for some that give you cool stuffs - armors, weaps etc.). BUT! The game has excellent PvP and it's worth playing and grinding your character to a hard mode (you get 7 stat points, instead of 5 on normal). Ultimate is great (9 stats) but you have to grind hard (very hard) and watch out, cause if you get killed and there's no priest to ressurect you (or you don't have rez runes on ya), you're done for it. :)

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Nope, I have played it, and it is a remake of lineage 2 pretty much to me. And A Grindfest, I would say wait for aion or something else hopefully it will be better.