Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes of magic is pretty good

2»

Comments

• AdamarisAdamaris Member Posts: 73

I know i won't find a good game any soon, but that's why i'm not playing any mmorpg at the moment. Of course i'll try them, every game reservers to be tried, but i'm 100% sure i'm pretty much done with this the current/past mmorpgs system. My point is that nowdays mmorpg are made like cakes without any quality just to get money.

• Ummm cake :)

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Netspook
    I don't know what the heck you've been smoking, but it surely ain't good for you.

If you've reached the lvl cap and still think RoM provides a friendly environment for the solo player, then yes, you're dumb (not you, Netspook, as I was talking in general). Most quests can be solved alone, but instances and bosses are a total no no - and that's where the goodies come from. So even if you don't like it, you will be forced at some point to group, raid and fight for a good drop. My point was that even if you'd spend hundreds of $ in the Cash Shop you still won't be able to build a good set because those pieces of gear come from places & bosses that require a full & well coordonated party (if not a full raid), it's impossible to get 'em otherwise. So the whole "you have to spend a lot of cash to be competitive" is not quite accurate, since you can be a big spender and still suck. First you'll have to learn how to play the game, get all the available info on transmuting, rune combining, etc and then make friends to go into instances and stuff. Having lots of diamonds available won't grant you instant success, you still need to get the required "mats": items with good stats to transmute and of corse the gear to add stats to.

That "if you farm the best equip you will have better equipement" is bullshit, because that "good" equipement will still be crap if you can't upgrade it compared to full upgraded stuff. Not to mention, that to raid and make dungeons...the better equipement the easier and faster you do it...so do you really think those who spent $$$ to upgrade "normal" stuff won't do dungeons? thats funny because they are/were the first ones on getting those "good drops", or at least when i played ;) Usually who spends that much money on a game is someone really hardcore so it's rare to find hardcore unskilled players...

About the stats, thats the easy part to get...the hard part is getting hundreds and hundreds of AT charges to make it the highest tier/runes.

You can get decent gear as free user...of course, will it be even close to the gear someone got with money? Sadly No. And considering the game is focused on getting new equipement that's sad, who will be farming dungeons for mindless hours to get something that won't be upgraded? Not me ;)

I've played P2P games and F2P games and i don't mind paying for a game, but this game "forces" you to pay everytime you get new equipement so that says it all...every few months new content + new gear + players spending 300$+ again...they really made a good deal :P

• Originally posted by Adamaris

I've played P2P games and F2P games and i don't mind paying for a game, but this game "forces" you to pay everytime you get new equipement so that says it all...every few months new content + new gear + players spending 300$+ again...they really made a good deal :P

The people who feel "forced" to pay are those that have to have everything as quickly as possible.  They feel pressure to max out their gear or they think they're missing out, so they go hog wild with the CS items.  The truth is you don't have to rush to max everything out and you can play without spending a dime if you want.

If you want AT charges fast, just make an alt, spend an hour or so to get them to 10, turn in 10 dailies, and poof 20 free charges.  You could probably do that 3 times or more a night if you set your mind to it.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It is great compared to all other F2P games but if you compare it to Guildwars that only have a fee for the box it have no chanse and the P2P games are generally a lot better.

It all depends on what you prefer of course and I gladly reccomend ROM to any who want a F2P game. I give it 2 stars out of 5, by far better than the loads of other F2P games I tried when bored.Actually spent 3 weeks playing it before I got bored.

Compared to 1/2 years of GW and EQ2, and 9 months of AoC it is not so great but I actually had fun for more than a few hours :)

I play EQ2 now again BTW, still the most fun I had in a MMO.

• Originally posted by Loke666

It is great compared to all other F2P games but if you compare it to Guildwars that only have a fee for the box it have no chanse and the P2P games are generally a lot better.
    It all depends on what you prefer of course and I gladly reccomend ROM to any who want a F2P game. I give it 2 stars out of 5, by far better than the loads of other F2P games I tried when bored.Actually spent 3 weeks playing it before I got bored.
    Compared to 1/2 years of GW and EQ2, and 9 months of AoC it is not so great but I actually had fun for more than a few hours :)
    I play EQ2 now again BTW, still the most fun I had in a MMO.

Not taking anything away from your opinion, but many don't really consider GW in the same category as your traditional MMORPG because of the instanced, non-persistent world.  I personally disliked it for that reason.  It just didn't immerse me in the game world like a more traditional MMORPG does and took too much away from what I look for in these type of games (mainly the spontaneity I find just running around the environment).  I did like the PvP a lot though but that eventually became very repetitive and boring for me.  So yeah, to each his own :)

Shall i remember you that most of the stuff made with AT is bound to the character?  And anyway if it could work besides making the bound stuff, what's so nice on making 100 alts lvl 10 or 15 i don't remember, everytime you get a new drop? Weird game.

Is not feeling that you need to rush to have the best stuff, but what's the point of playing when you know your character will be useless later on? I play for fun, but i also want BALANCE in the game, when the company that made the game unbalances the game to make more money you know very well what kind of game is that, and i think everyone knows that.

It's not like you can get what paying users got after playing hard for a while, the fact is that you can't no matter how many days, months, years you play...let's see if you already get it in your mind ;)

Btw notice that i said "forces" not forces, that means you have to choose, either you don't do it and your character will be near useless, or you do the same as many others...aka wasting money.

•  

Originally posted by Adamaris

Shall i remember you that most of the stuff made with AT is bound to the character? 

Incorrect. Using the AT doesn't auto bind anything to you. The items you upgrade follow the same bind rules as any other item.

And anyway if it could work besides making the bound stuff, what's so nice on making 100 alts lvl 10 or 15 i don't remember, everytime you get a new drop? Weird game.

No clue what you're talking about here. I suggested making alts to get free AT charges if you're in such a hurry to upgrade your gear.

Is not feeling that you need to rush to have the best stuff, but what's the point of playing when you know your character will be useless later on? I play for fun, but i also want BALANCE in the game, when the company that made the game unbalances the game to make more money you know very well what kind of game is that, and i think everyone knows that.

Where did you get the idea that they unbalanced the game to make more money? Please post the link to this insightful news.

It's not like you can get what paying users got after playing hard for a while, the fact is that you can't no matter how many days, months, years you play...let's see if you already get it in your mind ;)

Btw notice that i said "forces" not forces, that means you have to choose, either you don't do it and your character will be near useless, or you do the same as many others...aka wasting money.

Now that you can buy diamonds with gold, your entire rant is baseless. Nice try though.

Point one, yes, AT does bind things, like RUNES, so what are you talking about? unless they changed it again but i doubt so, of course putting stats on an item doesn't make it bound, but upgrading runes or making +20 stats and these things were bound back in the days i played.

Point two...who said anything about hurry? I said making 100-200 alts to get AT charges won't work and it's retarded, no matter if you do 3 chars a day as you said or 50.

Point three, anyone who is not blind can clearly see that, it would be strange if the company confirmed it...i think.

Point four, good luck getting money to get diamonds (doing daily quests) to upgrade your equipement, by the time you upgrade 1 item new gear has been added to the game.

So yeah...i fail, with diamonds for trade or not, the game is pointless and boring.

• upsilonmercupsilonmerc Member Posts: 23

Had a better release than most major MMOs :P and it's fun and content is promised and delivered :D

• ktk3ktk3 Member UncommonPosts: 9

yeah thats finally a f2p game with a lot of features and content.

i hope that this game will put the f2p genre to a higher standard and the next f2p games will be better then the current ginders.

• SweetSenseSweetSense Member Posts: 33

same creap like all others. Wanna grow and be the best you need to pay . Yes indeed you can be the best is you have like 3 years time. patince and some luck. Otherway you play for nothing.

- 100%

Peace!

never cry ......just screem

•  

Point one, yes, AT does bind things, like RUNES, so what are you talking about? unless they changed it again but i doubt so, of course putting stats on an item doesn't make it bound, but upgrading runes or making +20 stats and these things were bound back in the days i played.

Well either they changed it or you're just remembering wrong. I created some runes just yesterday and sent them to an alt. I also transmuted a dagger with as many stats as I could fit onto it and posted it on the AH.

Point two...who said anything about hurry? I said making 100-200 alts to get AT charges won't work and it's retarded, no matter if you do 3 chars a day as you said or 50.

Not sure why you think it doesn't work or that it's retarded. I have alts that turn in dailies just for the AT charges... make quite a nice profit from selling the runes and gear I transmute from them too.

Point three, anyone who is not blind can clearly see that, it would be strange if the company confirmed it...i think.

So basically it's your opinion and you have zero evidence to prove that outlandish statement? Ok got it.

Point four, good luck getting money to get diamonds (doing daily quests) to upgrade your equipement, by the time you upgrade 1 item new gear has been added to the game.

So yeah...i fail, with diamonds for trade or not, the game is pointless and boring.

Wow was that random. They don't add gear all that often, and I make plenty of money using the transmuter (as I said above) to buy diamonds just fine. You don't like the game, we get it.  So why are you still trolling the forums of a game you left? Bit of separation anxiety methinks.

Yea...whatever...i won't argue anymore with someone that loves the game so much, is hard to discuss about true things when someone likes the game that much. You clearly think runes are mana stones...rolf...what else do i have to say?

But for your info, i didn't come to RoM forums to say anything because this thread was made in mmorpg forums and someone moved it here...you fail again ;)

Anyways, have fun doing daily quests with your 40 alts everyday in this "amazing" game.

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521
    Originally posted by BesCirga

Im not gonna say much, but item shop aside, this is one of the worst mmos I have ever tired.
    One mans opinion

Care to say or you just posting to increase your post count if so Darkfall forums are the other way.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

i uninstalled it after 5 hours 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Portland

i uninstalled it after 5 hours 

LOL, I played it for a couple of days but gave it up. Perfect World is still the best FTP game out.

•  

Yea...whatever...i won't argue anymore with someone that loves the game so much, is hard to discuss about true things when someone likes the game that much. You clearly think runes are mana stones...rolf...what else do i have to say?

No, I know the difference between runes (that go in rune slots) and mana stones (that are created from fusion stones and used to fuse stats to an item). Neither are bound when you transmute them. The only reason you can't argue this point anymore is because you're flat out wrong. Accounts are free, just log in and check for yourself if you don't believe me.

But for your info, i didn't come to RoM forums to say anything because this thread was made in mmorpg forums and someone moved it here...you fail again ;)

I'm just curious why do you even care enough to post about RoM since you left?

Anyways, have fun doing daily quests with your 40 alts everyday in this "amazing" game.

Thank you, I will. Have fun with that separation anxiety thing you have going on.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Shall i remember you that most of the stuff made with AT is bound to the character?  And anyway if it could work besides making the bound stuff, what's so nice on making 100 alts lvl 10 or 15 i don't remember, everytime you get a new drop? Weird game.

One thing you fail to realize is the game isn't free to play. No, not really, all games need to generate revenue. This game does a decent job at providing good content to free players, but it makes perfect sense that they'd encourage upper level players to start paying cash to get more content and power.

The fact is, if you are a person with a lot of free time, you can earn the gold to trade for diamonds which can be spent in the item shop.  Many players are doing exactly that.  Add in the fact you can sell what you craft or find as drops for diamonds and I don't see what the problem is.

I'm not level 50, but I'm in a guild with many of them, and I don't hear anyone really voicing the complaints you seem to have.  They go out regularly and farm for gold, chests, diamonds etc and seem to be gearing up pretty quickly.

I do hear comments about how "godly" some player is for spending a fortune in the cash shop, but since we're on a pvp server we look at this as an opportunity to earn some great loot for low cost.

And no matter how godlyy someone's armor/weaapons are, we find that a quick zerg by 20 level 50's pretty much levels the playing field.  We took 3 very nice items worth about 600 dollars in diamonds the other night from the same player. Seemed pretty easy way to get gear from our point of view.

Yeah, game has many flaws, but if you enjoy level based, quest style games, you'll enjoy ROM. 

Sometimes is the journey uupward you are supposed to focus on, and not the end game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ghochalighochali Member Posts: 4

yeah this game is the best f2p game. 5 weeks ago i started to play it and im pleasantly surprised. never plaid a f2p game with less grind.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Yea..whats the point anyway

The point is.....wait what are we talking about again?

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429

Even better than magic...hot chicks in little outfits doing magic. I'm just saying..I think MMORPG companies should look into......oh wait never mind....Doh!

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095

This is why Micro Transactions are the devil.  They are unbalanced by their very nature.  They induce, if not force, massive spending far beyond anything you would experience in a subscription based game.  Yet these cash shop games don't justify this greatly exagerated cost with superior content.  They are nothing but rip-offs and I will be one of the first to leave the genre if this becomes the defacto busniness model for future MMOs.  SOE is changing all of their games to this model as well as insuldting it's players by also including a subscription on top of it.  Their hope is to lead the rest of the industry into this new era of sticking it to the consumer.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal